1. Leominster, MA
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 01:32
    Originally posted by The Slow Pawn

No-one could find out anything about me over the Internet (and that's that)

Boris
    hmm .. I wish I could believe this, but I can't ... not today .

Secondly, you have no idea who anyone is over the internet . They could have government or police resources to use ....
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 03:44
    What's the point of this thread ??

No-one could find out anything about me over the Internet (and that's that)

... If Xanthos (or anyone else) has posted personal information or pm'd
    these to Skeeter then this is his problem ... If you don't trust anyone, don't give him/her personal info of you - as simple as that -

As for Michelle ... Well, despite not being best buds, I'm sure she could do better then Xanthos

Boris
    Apparently she is a lecturer at the university I am studying at. In the PFC way back there is my (uncommon) first name and it's no secret that I just finished my first year of engineering. Combine this and skeeter can quite easily find out everything about me including uni grades, address, parents names etc.

Now Russ has stated in Annoucements that posting of personal details in the public forums (specifically full name but I assume it applies to address and so forth) is against the rules unless that person has themself posted their name in the public forums (private forum or PM don't count for this).
  3. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 14:47
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Apparently she is a lecturer at the university I am studying at.
    PERSONAL INFORMATION ALERT!

(Just kidding.)
  4. Standard memberkwgoodwin
    Patently Geeky
    US Midwest
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 16:36
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Possibly. But legal semantics, nevertheless.

skeeterπŸ˜‰
    Legally speaking, if it is clear to a reasonable person reading your post to whom is being referred, then use of a nickname does not absolve you of libel/slander/threats/etc.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 10:34
    Posting personal information about someone is not acceptable. If this information is voluntarily put in the public domain, then there should be no issue, BUT if that person then requests such information is NOT to be made available, then that request will be respected, and all content removed.

In this case it is clear XanthosNZ does NOT want any information about him posted here (even if it is in the public domain already which it may or may not be) and everyone posting in the thread is well aware of his wishes. Therefore, anyone then proceeding to post any of his personal information, including real world names, will be faced with a site ban. Threatening behaviour will result in the same.

-Russ
  6. The sky
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 17:58
    Shouldn't those posts with his real name be deleted?
  7. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 19:031 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    Posting personal information about someone is not acceptable. If this information is voluntarily put in the public domain, then there should be no issue, BUT if that person then requests such information is NOT to be made available, then that request will be respected, and all content removed.

In this case it is clear XanthosNZ does NOT want any information ...[text shortened]... d names, will be faced with a site ban. Threatening behaviour will result in the same.

-Russ
    Wo-hooo! Skeeter is ba-aaanned! Skeeter is ba-aanned!

-

Uhm, is gloating against the rules?.. Not?.. Ok, then:

Skeeter is baa-aanned! Skeeter is...

-

Uhm, she is banned, right?.. :

--

Not that any of this is my business, but... well.... ok... 😞
  8. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 23:10
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Apparently she is a lecturer at the university I am studying at. In the PFC way back there is my (uncommon) first name and it's no secret that I just finished my first year of engineering. Combine this and skeeter can quite easily find out everything about me including uni grades, address, parents names etc.

Now Russ has stated in Annoucements that post ...[text shortened]... as themself posted their name in the public forums (private forum or PM don't count for this).
    Wow, I have never imagined to agree with you on something without 'effing' or even insulting you ...

But I'm on your side here, if that is the case then Skeeter must not post private information about you in the forums and if she does, she should be banned permanently without second thoughts

Boris
  9. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '06 03:311 edit
    Originally posted by stocken

Uhm, she is banned, right?.. :
    Ring ring.......
  10. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '06 04:00
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    .......those posts be deleted?
    ??
  11. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '06 04:121 edit
    .......she should be banned [b]permanently without second thoughts

Boris[/b]
    Gee, thanks Boris, and it's not true what others say - you really do have a heart.

skeeter
  12. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '06 09:261 edit
    Ring ring.......
    You know, I can't believe there's not a psychiatric institution in aussie that would welcome you. Are you sure you've looked everwhere? Look again. If it doesn't work out for you, I'll see if I can convince any swedish psychiatric ward to take you in. Ok? πŸ™‚
  13. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '06 13:11
    Originally posted by stocken
    You know, I can't believe there's not a psychiatric institution in aussie that would welcome you. Are you sure you've looked everwhere? Look again. If it doesn't work out for you, I'll see if I can convince any swedish psychiatric ward to take you in. Ok? πŸ™‚
    You know, we have swedes here too. We grow them in the ground down in southland , where they need a good hard frost to give them flavour. After harvesting they are mainly used for cattle fodder.

But the big advantage our swede has over the European swede is that our swede's can distinguise the subtle differences between our flag and the Aussie flag, despite being buried in the ground nine months of the year. More than can be said for the stocken variety.

skeeter
  14. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '06 15:24
    You know, we have swedes here too. We grow them in the ground down in southland , where they need a good hard frost to give them flavour. After harvesting they are mainly used for cattle fodder.

But the big advantage our swede has over the European swede is that our swede's can distinguise the subtle differences between our flag and the Aussie flag, desp ...[text shortened]... n the ground nine months of the year. More than can be said for the stocken variety.

skeeter
    Touché.

A good insult comparing me with a swedish turnip. I'm impressed. Fact remains, you seem mental from where I stand. Consider getting some help, will you?

Or I'll dig up everything I can on you and publish it where you least expect it. Uhum...
  15. The sky
    Moves
    21 Jan '06 15:46
    ??
    "In this case it is clear XanthosNZ does NOT want any information about him posted here"

There is still at least one post by you in the forums where his full name is disclosed. I am not going to point you to it for obvious reasons. I have alerted the post and sent feedback a day ago.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree