1. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    19 Jan '07 02:19
    Russ,
    When the player who is playing a lot of games has to take a break, it causes a problem.
    The moves are sorted by the last move made, but I would prefer if there were a possibility to select to "shortest time left" so the most critical moves could be done easier.
    Right now, I have to selct the critical moves manually and it is time consuming when I do not have the time to make a move in every game. I would like to perhaps make the moves that has less than 3 days left before the T/O.

Harri / Luck
  2. Standard memberDeathyx
    Brain Ninjaaa!
    Cali
    Moves
    19 Jan '07 07:09
    Originally posted by Luck
    Russ,
    When the player who is playing a lot of games has to take a break, it causes a problem.
    The moves are sorted by the last move made, but I would prefer if there were a possibility to select to "shortest time left" so the most critical moves could be done easier.
    Right now, I have to selct the critical moves manually and it is time consuming when I do no ...[text shortened]... like to perhaps make the moves that has less than 3 days left before the T/O.

Harri / Luck
    High Five 🙂
  3. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    19 Jan '07 22:44
    This is a great idea! Go on Russ, everyone would like this im sure.
  4. Standard membersven1000
    Astrophysicist
    Outer Space
    Moves
    19 Jan '07 23:25
    Agreed, this is a very good idea.
  5. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 01:24
    Originally posted by Luck
    Russ,
    Right now, I have to selct the critical moves manually and it is time consuming when I do no ...[text shortened]... like to perhaps make the moves that has less than 3 days left before the T/O.

Harri / Luck
    Can't that be achieved by sorting the games by the 'Alert' column instead?
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 02:32
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Yeah, that's what I thought too.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 02:43
    Hey, thanks! I never noticed that column because there's no information displayed in it. I wonder how exactly it works. It seems to be ordered approximately by the time left until the timebank starts, but not exactly; and it isn't ordered by move time left + timebank either. Does anyone know?
  8. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 10:15
    That doesn't work properly. I have used the alert button but it doesn't automatically raise my game with the shortest life span to next waiting game.

This feature would be a great addition. However it may cause other problems as you could spend a lot of time with the most pressing games but those just behind those in urgency could get left and their timebanks would diminish.

One semi-solution that I use is to group my games by game id. Therefore if I entered a 1/7 tournie - all of these games will appear together as a block and you can just move in those games with scouring through several pages of games to pick out the dangerous ones.
  9. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 13:521 edit
    Originally posted by invigorate
    ... you could spend a lot of time with the most pressing games but those just behind those in urgency could get left and their timebanks would diminish ...
    True but these games would become top of the list when they became the most urgent.

If this was used when you submitted your move (i.e. if you have ordered your games list in this way, you would then get moved on to your game with the least time left) then it would be the perfect solution.
  10. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 07:34
    I think Russ missed this one...

Bump
  11. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 07:37
    I like the idea,its something that needs to be instated
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 09:00
    When you have more that 350 games going simultanous, this would be a great help. I have problems with 40 games alone. I think the thought about the Alert option is that the games with the most panic is on top and the games that could wait is at bottom. But how define 'panic'?

There are degrees of panic.
    (1) Least time left to be timed out.
    (2) Least time left not inflicting the time bank.

But also, if you are going to be timed out, du to lack of on line time, I would rater not be timed out (from top to down) of League games, of Clan games, Tournament games, of Siege games, and least of all, personal challenges.

But it would be great to enter a option of each game individually, a !!!PANIC!!! option which has top priority over all other priorities.

The Alert sorting options combined with a more variety of the Action sorting option would be of great help for high load of games players.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 11:22
    The alert column sorts by timeout period remaining only. Timebank is not considered.

But we now have the ability to sort by remaining time (timeout+timebank), but it is not currently released. This will make its way onto the my games page in the next couple of weeks once it has been fully tested.

-Russ
  14. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 13:28
    Originally posted by Russ
    The alert column sorts by timeout period remaining only. Timebank is not considered.

But we now have the ability to sort by remaining time (timeout+timebank), but it is not currently released. This will make its way onto the my games page in the next couple of weeks once it has been fully tested.

-Russ
    Wonderful, thanks Russ.

Can I volunteer for testing?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree