1. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 03:16
    This is another irritation to me, those stupid little envelopes that we click on to notify our opponents that time is running out. Who cares? I used to do it all the time, and then it got to be such a hassle particularly because when I send a message-notification to the opponent, say on Page 2, it defaults back to Page 1, and then I have the hassle of clicking on to Page 2 or 3. It takes too much bloody time! After awhile I figured "the hell with this." I don't bother to send those stupid little envelope-reminders. Either my opponents wants to play or don't (and if circumstances delay them--too bad!).
    Fix this please.
    Thanks,
    Stregone
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 03:45
    I'd like to see them disappear altogether, I'm clumsy and I'm forever clicking them by accident! Does anybody playing here regularly really need reminding?
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 07:58
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    I'd like to see them disappear altogether, I'm clumsy and I'm forever clicking them by accident! Does anybody playing here regularly really need reminding?
    Agree.

I never remind my opponents. I never read reminders.
    It is the players own responsability to keep track of his/hers thinking times, not mine.

The only usage for the reminder envelope is that when I see one I know that it is soon time to skull him out if he doesn't move in his game.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 13:07
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The only usage for the reminder envelope is that when I see one I know that it is soon time to skull him out if he doesn't move in his game.
    Reminders appear after 3 days, no matter what time controls you are playing. It's most annoying when you're playing 21/21.

Having said that, I have 1 friend who doesn't play regularly and they are handy to remind him that it's his move. Other than that, I never send them, nor notice them on the My Games page.

D
  5. Johannesburg
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 15:22
    Originally posted by Stregone
    ... After awhile I figured "the hell with this." I don't bother ...
    If you don't want to use the feature, then don't.

Which is better? A feature that's there and you can choose not to use, or ...?
  6. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 17:51
    Originally posted by Stregone
    This is another irritation to me, those stupid little envelopes that we click on to notify our opponents that time is running out. Who cares? I used to do it all the time, and then it got to be such a hassle particularly because when I send a message-notification to the opponent, say on Page 2, it defaults back to Page 1, and then I have the hassle of click ...[text shortened]... y or don't (and if circumstances delay them--too bad!).
    Fix this please.
    Thanks,
    Stregone
    If you go to site setting you can make all your games appear on one page so you won't have that problem.
  7. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    11 Jan '08 04:231 edit
    Originally posted by craigy
    If you don't want to use the feature, then don't.

Which is better? A feature that's there and you can choose not to use, or ...?
    That's missing the point. It's a bloody hassle. To answer your lame question: A "feature" that's "there" and is STUPID is definitely not USEFUL.
  8. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    11 Jan '08 04:30
    Originally posted by Lukerik
    If you go to site setting you can make all your games appear on one page so you won't have that problem.
    Really? Capital. How? What's the setting?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree