Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 02 Jul '05 13:05
    RHP managers: First of all, thank you for a fantastic site. Secondly, please set the time out function to automatically end the game, with the timed out player losing, period... Time limits are a part of the game. When my flag drops - I LOSE! When your flag drops - YOU LOSE! The various differences of opionion on this subject as long as the decision is left up to players is counter productive...
    Thanks again for a GREAT site,
    randr
  2. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    02 Jul '05 18:30
    Originally posted by randr
    RHP managers: First of all, thank you for a fantastic site. Secondly, please set the time out function to automatically end the game, with the timed out player losing, period... Time limits are a part of the game. When my flag drops - I LOSE! When your flag drops - YOU LOSE! The various differences of opionion on this subject as long as the decision is left up to players is counter productive...
    Thanks again for a GREAT site,
    randr
    No. No. No.

I have a pair of skulls sitting on a couple of games for a couple of months now, and there is no way I want THOSE games to auto time out cos they are against a friend of mine. I'm in absolutely no hurry because I have plenty of other games going, and I know that his circumstances don't let him play much atm.

Games that matter (tournie/clan league) already auto T/O, so I don't really see the problem.

D
  3. 02 Jul '05 20:20
    Actually, we are in agreement. Games that matter, (ie: clan, tournament, etc... DO NOT automatically time out). Friendly games, I have no problem with leaving in the hands of the players.
    Thank you for your input,
    randr
  4. Subscriber invigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    03 Jul '05 17:10
    Clan games do not have an auto time out. Although there is nothing stopping you claiming the win except your conscience.
  5. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    03 Jul '05 19:02
    Originally posted by randr
    Actually, we are in agreement. Games that matter, (ie: clan, tournament, etc... DO NOT automatically time out). Friendly games, I have no problem with leaving in the hands of the players.
    Thank you for your input,
    randr
    Clan League games and tournament games DO auto-timeout after a 2days grace period.

The general feeling was that people didn't want clan games to auto-TO.

D