1. Wat?
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 07:32
    Would it be possible to set up a cumulative time for each player in Game log?

Currently it displays the time of each move made, and they have to be manually added during games to total the times taken in total for moves made.

This makes it very difficult to concentrate on an agreed timed game, e.g. 1 hour (+ maybe an hour) whilst totalling the moves times.

Timed game challenges would be such a good addition to this site, in my opinion.

-m.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 15:22
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Would it be possible to set up a cumulative time for each player in Game log?

Currently it displays the time of each move made, and they have to be manually added during games to total the times taken in total for moves made.

This makes it very difficult to concentrate on an agreed timed game, e.g. 1 hour (+ maybe an hour) whilst totalling the moves times.

Timed game challenges would be such a good addition to this site, in my opinion.

-m.
    Not sure what your point is, but if you wanted to play a mutually agreed time for each move against a specific opponent couldn't the challenge be set up using the blitz facility?
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 07:03
    Originally posted by venda
    Not sure what your point is, but if you wanted to play a mutually agreed time for each move against a specific opponent couldn't the challenge be set up using the blitz facility?
    Blitz only offers upto a 1 hour game, and doesn't permit the offer of rated or unrated! It also controls the length of max timed moves. One might like to move like hell at the beginning of a challenge, and then take 15 mins or even 20mins for thoughts on difficult moves. It also doesn't offer time extensions, as challenge games would normally take into consideration.
    Blitz isn't like a proper controlled challenge match against a clock move that can vary completely at random.

-m.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 13:32
    Blitz only offers upto a 1 hour game, and doesn't permit the offer of rated or unrated! It also controls the length of max timed moves. One might like to move like hell at the beginning of a challenge, and then take 15 mins or even 20mins for thoughts on difficult moves. It also doesn't offer time extensions, as challenge games would normally take into consi ...[text shortened]... er controlled challenge match against a clock move that can vary completely at random.

-m.
    Ok.Never used blitz myself.Just an idea."Timed" games would be another option on the site but would many people use it?.You don't seem to have had any more replies to your original idea.
  5. Wat?
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 20:53
    Originally posted by venda
    Ok.Never used blitz myself.Just an idea."Timed" games would be another option on the site but would many people use it?.You don't seem to have had any more replies to your original idea.
    ทำงานหนักมากเกินไปผมเดาว่า
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 21:25
    ทำงานหนักมากเกินไปผมเดาว่า
    Sorry, don't know what all this means.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree