1. Amersham, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    09 Dec '11 09:11
    When you consider resigning the site gives you a second screen to enable you to consider before conceding.

With Timeout it is instant, but if anything this is a more significant step as you are choosing to take the game from your opponent. You have some suggestions in the FAQ section re being considerate on Timeouts - why not have a second screen with a couple of statements re consideration before confirming a Timeout just to make sure players don't jump to Timeout too quickly??
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '11 13:48
    I'd suggest removing the resign warning.
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 Dec '11 15:13
    Originally posted by Hyperion7
    When you consider resigning the site gives you a second screen to enable you to consider before conceding.

With Timeout it is instant, but if anything this is a more significant step as you are choosing to take the game from your opponent. You have some suggestions in the FAQ section re being considerate on Timeouts - why not have a second screen with ...[text shortened]... ation before confirming a Timeout just to make sure players don't jump to Timeout too quickly??
    How can you jump to timeout too quickly?

The opponent has had the alloted time to make their moves whether 3/7 or 7/14 or 1/0.

If they have failed to move within that time, they have shown no consideration to me, so why should I have to show consideration to them?
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    09 Dec '11 15:41
    Originally posted by Hyperion7

With Timeout it is instant, but if anything this is a more significant step as you are choosing to take the game from your opponent. You have some suggestions in the FAQ section re being considerate on Timeouts - why not have a second screen with ...[text shortened]... ation before confirming a Timeout just to make sure players don't jump to Timeout too quickly??
    If you read players profiles a lot of them mention their personal timeout policy.
    Why not devise a strategy you are comfortable with, stick it in your profile and just play to that?
  5. e4
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 16:121 edit
    ...and why not have a warning screen everytime you are about to checkmate someone.

"Are you sure you want to checkmate your opponent.
    It means he will instantly lose the game. Please re-consider."

Skull crushing it all part of the game. The player agreed to the Time Control
    the moment he made his first move.

If there was no time control penalty then players facing mate
    in one would never move. Nobody would win or lose.
    Everyone would have a grade of 1200.

I cannot see the point of being apolgetic in a profile. Where does it stop?
    I will take hanging pieces.
    I may castle.
    I will promote my pawns.
    If I win please forgive me, I did not mean to.

I vote that when you click a skull the system should play you a happy tune,
    one that is catchy enough that you can merrily whistle it all day long.

🙂
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    10 Dec '11 17:01
    I insist on moving first when I play with my Queen on d1
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Dec '11 21:42
    Originally posted by coquette
    I insist on moving first when I play with my Queen on d1
    I suggest you add that to your profile, some users may not want to challenge you if you're making unreasonable demands like that.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree