1. Joined
    27 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 08:54
    i think non-subscribers should be aloud in plenty of tournaments cause were all here just to play chess not to pay for little things like $30 just for a month we just want to play chess in many different ways!!πŸ˜‰
  2. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 09:49
    Originally posted by bbestb
    i think non-subscribers should be aloud in plenty of tournaments cause were all here just to play chess not to pay for little things like $30 just for a month we just want to play chess in many different ways!!πŸ˜‰
    I'll leave it to others to criticise your idea, and your spelling. Just one quick point:

It's $30 for the year, not for one month. I personally find it to be worth every cent/penny, and would encourage you to join.
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 12:36
    agreed - very good value for money - I'm on for about half an hour each day - involved in clans - clan leagues - private forums - tournaments.

$30 a year is about £20 for 180 hours gaming = about 6p an hour... probably the cheapest thing I spend my money on...
  4. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 13:20
    Hey, I agree, after all surely the admins could move into cardboard city, scrounge round bins for some food and beg enough money to maintain the site while in internet cafes.

Then we'd all be able to sit round our houses and play chess in many different ways, it'd save us all $30 a year as well, that's enough for a few drink - excellent.
  5. Joined
    27 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 00:19
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    I'll leave it to others to criticise your idea, and your spelling. Just one quick point:

It's $30 for the year, not for one month. I personally find it to be worth every cent/penny, and would encourage you to join.
    but that's in american money notaustralian money😏
  6. Joined
    27 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 00:19
    Originally posted by irax
    Hey, I agree, after all surely the admins could move into cardboard city, scrounge round bins for some food and beg enough money to maintain the site while in internet cafes.

Then we'd all be able to sit round our houses and play chess in many different ways, it'd save us all $30 a year as well, that's enough for a few drink - excellent.
    im with you brother
  7. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 01:50
    im with you brother
    Did you actually read the whole of my post? or did you just not understand what I said?

Yours,
    Confused πŸ˜•
  8. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 01:53
    but that's in american money notaustralian money😏
    Wow, how perceptive, let me put it this way.

AU$50
    fifty bucks mate.
    50 Australian dollars
    One of the plastic yellow ones.
    The big Ozzy 5 0.
    Hey cobber, that's only 50 bucks!

And that's for a whole year!
  9. Joined
    27 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 02:35
    Originally posted by irax
    Wow, how perceptive, let me put it this way.

AU$50
    fifty bucks mate.
    50 Australian dollars
    One of the plastic yellow ones.
    The big Ozzy 5 0.
    Hey cobber, that's only 50 bucks!

And that's for a whole year!
    well sorry i forgot how scotts are these days THERE IGNORENT
  10. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 03:03
    Isn't the the minimum age for this site 13 years?? πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

skeeter
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 08:44
    Okay, non-subs are allowed to enter a tournament. What will be the next step? That non-subs are allowed to play more than six concurrent games in order to be able to join a tournament?

I say that if non-subs can enter tournaments, clans, unlimited number of concurrent games, etc, then I have no reason to remain a paying member in RHP.
  12. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 09:06
    Earlier in this thread I resisted the temptation to ridicule your idea, and the poorly-constructed message that heralded it.

1. There is a key on your keyboard marked shift - it enables your computer to produce capital letters at opportune times, such as at the beginning of sentences. This should not be confused with Caps Lock which often results in strings of capital letters.

2. I suspect the maker of your keyboard has also thoughtfully provided a range of punctuation symbols. I wouldn't wish to confuse you by introducing the whole range at one time, however commas (,) and full stops (.) can be used judiciously to express your meaning more effectively.

3. The people of Scotland can be more accurately described as Scots (with one 't', and of course a capital letter).

4. When you want to say "they are" the traditional contraction is "they're" - "there" would more accurately describe a position. But of course, you knew that didn't you?

5. Those with even a smattering of education in the English language may have been forgiven for wincing at your poor spelling of "ignorant". Oh, the irony.
  13. Standard membercoentje
    Plop!
    /dev/null
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 16:49
    just stop whining, work on your spelling and just leave the site.

I don't think that anyone really would be missing you here, plenty of whiners and cheapskates around already
  14. Joined
    27 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 05:01
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    Earlier in this thread I resisted the temptation to ridicule your idea, and the poorly-constructed message that heralded it.

1. There is a key on your keyboard marked shift - it enables your computer to produce capital letters at opportune times, such as at the beginning of sentences. This should not be confused with Caps Lock which often results in str ...[text shortened]... have been forgiven for wincing at your poor spelling of "ignorant". Oh, the irony.
    save the lessons for the class teacher
  15. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 05:15
    save the lessons for the class teacher
    That should be:

Save the lessons for the class, teacher.

Any more of this and I'll have to start charging tuition fees. Maybe you should lobby your government to spend more money on education. If you want to be understood, do it verbally!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree