1. Standard memberscrumpymanjack
    Albert King is God
    Mexico City
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 16:19
    Originally posted by Fisich
    Guys,maybe I'm tight because I don't fork money for subscription but also site boss is tight because a tournament for us non subs (once a year!!) doesn't seem so much of a big deal.
    This is ridiculous. Just pay up the $29 a year or whatever it costs. It is nothing considering the value you get for it and, anyway, you should be supporting a site you clearly use a lot. If you are so mean you can't part with $29 precious dollars - if you are genuinely too poor that is another thing, though very few people with regular access to a computer etc. are too poor to afford that amount - then why should you expect charity? I just think this whole issue is a little absurd. Treat yourself and your son to a sub. It doesn't hurt that much and you'll love the results.
  2. London
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 16:55
    It's not exactly difficult to imagine what a tourney is like...you play against other people, just in a tournament format. Not hard!
  3. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 17:42
    u want a tourney subscribe otherwise this site goes under...u get 6 free games wat more do u want..thx
  4. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 19:24
    Originally posted by scrumpymanjack
    This is ridiculous. Just pay up the $29 a year or whatever it costs. It is nothing considering the value you get for it and, anyway, you should be supporting a site you clearly use a lot. If you are so mean you can't part with $29 precious dollars - if you are genuinely too poor that is another thing, though very few people with regular access to a co ...[text shortened]... Treat yourself and your son to a sub. It doesn't hurt that much and you'll love the results.
    YOU are ridiculous!
    Tell me what kind of harm it does having a tournament ONCE A YEAR for non subscribers.......
    You tell me I should expect charity.........
    Are you serious???? Asking for a tournament is considered the same as asking for charity?
    You guys lost the plot here.
    I use the site on and off,with periods of inactivity that can last weeks and for this very reason I will not subscribe and even if I could I wouldn't just to pss you guys off.
    I've seen so much attitude against non subs that it makes me sick.............do you think you're a better person than me just because you paid 30 bucks to play chess on the web?
    I'm sorry if I bother you with the huge amount of games I'm playing,I'm sure the site bandwidth is really heavy-loadeded by them!

You say I use the site a lot.......nice statement,especially if referred to me who I am playing two games at the moment......
  5. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 19:26
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    It's not exactly difficult to imagine what a tourney is like...you play against other people, just in a tournament format. Not hard!
    .........and here's the more intelligent of them all..........

You know ,it's not exactly difficult to imagine how having sex with Naomi Campbell is like..........only that is not the same thing as doing it,you great mind!
  6. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 19:29
    Originally posted by smiffy
    u want a tourney subscribe otherwise this site goes under...u get 6 free games wat more do u want..thx
    From a teen with such a profile I couldn't expect nothing but this stupid answer.
    What's the deal,are you afraid to write a word with all the letters?
    Or you fear to overload your brain?
  7. London
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 19:391 edit
    Originally posted by Fisich
    .........and here's the more intelligent of them all..........

You know ,it's not exactly difficult to imagine how having sex with Naomi Campbell is like..........only that is not the same thing as doing it,you great mind!
    Listen genius...you could subscribe for a month and find out what a tournament was like...but you are too stingy even for that. The way I see it, if you can afford a computer and internet connection, you can afford $29.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 22:43
    Listen genius...you [b]could subscribe for a month and find out what a tournament was like...but you are too stingy even for that. The way I see it, if you can afford a computer and internet connection, you can afford $29.[/b]
    The way I see it, I spent $1100 for a computer, $60 per month for broadband, and now I'm ready to get some crap for free for a change!
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 22:45
    The way I see it, if you can afford a computer and internet connection, you can afford $29.
    Maybe some cannot afford both.

Maybe some people play at work, from a library or on a shared computer and really can't afford to subscribe.
    What you mean is that YOU can afford it, no problem.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree