1. Joined
    09 Jun '17
    Moves
    1415
    30 Jul '17 03:34
    you need to have more tournaments for non-paying members. just to be nice. playing people in their own rating ranges. some people just are not interested in the super serious aspect of the game .
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Joined
    26 Aug '06
    Moves
    54924
    30 Jul '17 10:10
    Originally posted by @jlpmjm
    you need to have more tournaments for non-paying members. just to be nice. playing people in their own rating ranges. some people just are not interested in the super serious aspect of the game .
    Why?

    Personally I think non-paying members are merely parasites. Cut there games and severely limit their posting privileges would be more apt in my opinion.

    If you want more tournament play then become a subscriber. Simple as that !!
  3. Here
    Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    288968
    30 Jul '17 14:34
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    Why?

    Personally I think non-paying members are merely parasites. Cut there games and severely limit their posting privileges would be more apt in my opinion.

    If you want more tournament play then become a subscriber. Simple as that !!
    Spot on
  4. Joined
    12 Nov '05
    Moves
    139430
    30 Jul '17 15:40
    Originally posted by @jlpmjm
    you need to have more tournaments for non-paying members. just to be nice. playing people in their own rating ranges. some people just are not interested in the super serious aspect of the game .
    Then what would the point in subscribing be?
  5. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    110704
    01 Aug '17 17:10
    Originally posted by @jlpmjm
    you need to have more tournaments for non-paying members. just to be nice. playing people in their own rating ranges. some people just are not interested in the super serious aspect of the game .
    So go play on Yahoo. They don't take the game very seriously. Or, Chess Heroz on Facebook. That one is a joke to serious players. You'll be right at home!
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8523
    02 Aug '17 17:54
    Originally posted by @jlpmjm
    you need to have more tournaments for non-paying members. just to be nice. playing people in their own rating ranges. some people just are not interested in the super serious aspect of the game .
    I have no issue with tournaments being almost exclusively a membership feature. There have to be a few carrots to warrant subscription. Business survival trumps nicety.

    Comparing non-subs to parasites though is rather shortsighted. (Non-subs after all are the potential members of the future).

    On the other site I play on we use 'guests' as a resource, and plug gaps in teams and tournaments etc to aid site activity. But i'm sure this is something Russ has considered.
  7. Here
    Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    288968
    03 Aug '17 14:35
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I have no issue with tournaments being almost exclusively a membership feature. There have to be a few carrots to warrant subscription. Business survival trumps nicety.

    Comparing non-subs to parasites though is rather shortsighted. (Non-subs after all are the potential members of the future).

    On the other site I play on we use 'guests' as a r ...[text shortened]... ms and tournaments etc to aid site activity. But i'm sure this is something Russ has considered.
    so why don't you subscribe ?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8523
    03 Aug '17 18:07
    Originally posted by @padger
    so why don't you subscribe ?
    I do.

    Just not here. That of course could change in the future if I decided to transfer more of my chess playing on to this site.
  9. Standard memberchaney3
    Bring it on.......
    Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    29697
    03 Aug '17 21:36
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I do.

    Just not here. That of course could change in the future if I decided to transfer more of my chess playing on to this site.
    Well hurry up freeloader. 🙂
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148432
    06 Aug '17 16:46
    Originally posted by @padger
    Spot on
    Give a taste of the good stuff don't hide it.
Back to Top