1. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 00:42
    I feel there should be a 'tick list' option to either allow or deny mail from clubs we're a member of. I'm just being practical, I've only been away from the site for a few days and my mailbox is just cram packed with 'circulars'...I've lost messages that I hadn't even read, I knew they were there but I wanted to reply when I had more time. I'd also liked to have saved some other messages, but because of the sheer volume arriving on a daily basis I missed that opportunity. This process needn't lose us any direct contact with the clubs anyway, some of the club leaders regularly send mail from both their own RHP accounts AND courtesy of the RHP robot ( eg: 'message sent by admin of club 288' etc )...
    The crux: I enjoy the membership of many clubs, but it's getting impractical on mail alone. Let us all have the option \ ability to opt out of perhaps certain clubs mailing or if that's not possible then just disallow 'mass club robot messages' via a new 'My Settings' tab. Everything else seems to be there, all except 'Message Settings' !
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 05:25
    If clan and club members regularly read their private forums, there wouldn't be any need for mass mailouts to the PM system. Perhaps that's what they should be doing instead, sending "read the forum" messages out on a regular basis. That way you'd only get one per week per club.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 20:02
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I feel there should be a 'tick list' option to either allow or deny mail from clubs we're a member of. I'm just being practical, I've only been away from the site for a few days and my mailbox is just cram packed with 'circulars'...I've lost messages that I hadn't even read, I knew they were there but I wanted to reply when I had more time. I'd also like ...[text shortened]... s' tab. Everything else seems to be there, all except 'Message Settings' !
    I suspect you are mainly referring to all the new tournament messages from Leur )and possibly others.)
    I expect they come out on something like a "message all club members" link.
    As I said in the MUTI club forum, if you block all such messages,you may just miss a tournament you would like to participate in.
    My first step would be to contact the club leader(I suspect you already know Leur is excellent at responding), tell him what you are interested in, and ask him if it's an easy job to take you off the general list and just pm you when there's something you may want to join or respond to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree