1. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 20:59
    Your top 10 games that require your attention for skulls are available by clicking the icon next to the games waiting link. We need that!
  2. Joined
    30 Mar '07
    Moves
    18 Sep '07 11:26
    Is this an idea, or are you just reminding everyone that we already have that feature?
  3. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 02:22
    Originally posted by jp4995
    Is this an idea, or are you just reminding everyone that we already have that feature?
    About my idea, we don't have that feature for skulls, only for our top 10 most urgent games. I'm talking about putting up another one of those boxes which shows the top 10 games for when your opponent's time runs out.
  4. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 02:331 edit
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    About my idea, we don't have that feature for skulls, only for our top 10 most urgent games. I'm talking about putting up another one of those boxes which shows the top 10 games for when your opponent's time runs out.
    maybe you just have, say... 150 game too many 😛

but the box is good for me
  5. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    22 Sep '07 08:21
    I dont think we want to encourage skanking people any more then it already exists, the essence of correspondence chess is that the games are supposed to be a higher quality because people have more time to think about the positions without time pressure.

There are some who take this to an absolute extreme, and deserve to be timed out if they are taking a week to make moves in the opening where less thought should be required, but still moreoften then not timeouts are an intentional points grabbing method.
  6. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 21:09
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    I dont think we want to encourage skanking people any more then it already exists,...
    [snip]
    There are some who take this to an absolute extreme, and deserve to be timed out if they are taking a week to make moves in the opening where less thought should be required, but still more often then not timeouts are an intentional points grabbing method.
    I disagree with you on the two points quoted.

The rules of the game... If someone can't play on time, why shouldn't I take the skull?

I am not that harsh though - if the game is interesting, I may not take the skull. But if I think your position is losing (my judgement), then I will grab the points, given the chance. I am very happy to have the choice.

There are some who take this to an absolute extreme ...
    And if I have holiday coming up, and want to keep the game simple? Or I have enough other games going due to a tournament start? Are you trying to say that I should play faster than I have to? I'll take as long as I choose for the opening moves, just like any other move. You are entitled to do the same, and if I mess up and overstep, you can choose to take the skull. Or not.

I am currently playing several games where each of us is taking 3 weeks for the opening moves. I cannot speak for my opponents, but I am playing an unfamiliar opening, and working with books. This takes some time, but the end result is I become familiar with another opening (or line in one I know), taught through practice with an expert. My opponent gets someone who has thought about the move, and may stray of the beaten track because the move seems good. Why should you get to judge how much thought I might need to put into a move, even in the opening?
  7. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 00:04
    I have no problem with anyone clicking skulls at any time. However, I do notice that the site is kind of designed to discourage you from doing it immediately. (For example, the phrasing where it asks you, "please only do this if your opponent refuses to move", etc.)

Even on the 'My Games' page, it doesn't show you the remaining time on your opponent's moves, I assume for the same reason.

So while I wouldn't really have any problem with this feature, I doubt it would be implemented because it seems contrary to the philosophy of the site.
  8. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 11:33
    Originally posted by incandenza
    I have no problem with anyone clicking skulls at any time. However, I do notice that the site is kind of designed to discourage you from doing it immediately. (For example, the phrasing where it asks you, "please only do this if your opponent refuses to move", etc.)

Even on the 'My Games' page, it doesn't show you the remaining time on your opponent' ...[text shortened]... I doubt it would be implemented because it seems contrary to the philosophy of the site.
    Click on info and that shows how much time your opponent has left.
  9. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 17:31
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense
    Click on info and that shows how much time your opponent has left.
    My point is, it's not shown on the 'My Games' page. Why? It would be just as easy to show it for your opponent's moves as for yours. The reason, IMO, is that they're trying not to encourage you to go for immediate skull clicks.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 17:39
    Originally posted by incandenza
    My point is, it's not shown on the 'My Games' page. Why? It would be just as easy to show it for your opponent's moves as for yours. The reason, IMO, is that they're trying not to encourage you to go for immediate skull clicks.
    That and there is now less info being passed to the My Games page.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree