1. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 22:05
    ...this will be a long post..so those of you who need to get a drink, read a post by shavimixer about his gutter antics, etc...move on...your attention span is really quite limited anyway...i open with the note that i will never post in the general forum again as it is filled with so much garbage...what is garbage ?..well, i guess people can differ but as it was once said.."i know it when i see it"...so since their is a tension between excreta floating in the toilet bowl and someone calling it "art" and others who would flush it...it seems that there should be two conversational forums and not one...i think the educated, erudite and witty forum would be entitled ( do you need a dictionary ? ) the "white owl cafe"...this forum would be limited to applicants who apply to join...this would require a benchmark as to who is a proper applicant...we know what something is by what it is not...so, first, anyone who has been banned for offensive language or topics is automatically not allowed to join...secondly, ( other than the parties just noted ) might apply but it needs a white owl cafe set of moderators...the moderators would be given carte blance ( this is a french term for you who are ignorant of the finer points of the english language which incorporates many french terms as adopted english words ) to say yea or nay to an applicant and no redress or appeal is given...who would be the moderators to provide some fairness...an yearly election would be held...all ( yes i did say all ) players, subscribers, non-subscribers AND banned posters ) would nominate 3 among 10 who would run for election...one vote per player and the 3 winners would be a moderator for a year reviewing applicants and tossing white owl applicants ( for the rest of the year ) at will...it would require 2 of the 3 moderators to "pin the donkey" ( a reinfeld euphism for kicking the ass..... out )...in essence, a site wide private forum as clans have...with the same ability of a clan leader to kick out a clan member...
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 22:28
    ..and i did forget to mention something...the new "avatar" of the general forum would either be a roll of toilet paper or a dildo and the white owl forum would be something nice like a teapot...
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 02:39
    i liked your first posting. the second makes me wonder if you were serious, but i still like the idea.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 02:42
    ..i am serious...
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 02:52
    well, i like what you propose
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 12:45
    You could just start a White Owl clan - but the 20-member limit prevents any real activity in the private forum.

We could request a special type of clan, a non-playing clan with a limit of say 100 people who could vote their own moderators. You'd need a committee (sorry!) to organise an entry qualification procedure, and they'd have to have blackball powers.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 13:08
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    ...this will be a long post..so those of you who need to get a drink, read a post by shavimixer about his gutter antics, etc...move on...your attention span is really quite limited anyway...i open with the note that i will never post in the general forum again as it is filled with so much garbage...what is garbage ?..well, i guess people can differ but as i ...[text shortened]... orum as clans have...with the same ability of a clan leader to kick out a clan member...
    Now I see your idea. First, after reading 381 words of poorly edited text, getting nada, pasting into Word and changing all threedots into a double new line, and rereading it, now I can read and understand what you mean.

Or, should I put the paragraph above like nowiseeyouridea.firstafterreading381wordsofpoorlyeditedtextgettingnadapastingintowordandchangingallthreedotsintoadoublenewlineandrereadingitnowicanreadandunderstandwhatyoumean so reinfelt can read it?

Well, never mind.

The idea to form a clan only for discussion, having 100 members or more, with a democraticly chosen moderator appeals me. But why only one? Why not more of them? I think this is a good idea, now when I understand it!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 13:13
    yes..i could start a clan and could have a private forum but then i would have to run a clan and i am a loner by nature...i play on several sites and what i see allowed on the general forum here i have never seen on the other two sites i currently play on nor for that matter on any of the ones i
    have played on over the years..the standards here are very, very low and it is either because admin enjoys the low standard and or there is an intellectual confusion over the definition of "license" ...confusing it with words and ideas that have no correlation..such as "adult"..."free speech" etc....all civilixations have invented the broom and the wash basin...if you don't know why then go back to the general forum and leave this thread alone as you are not wanted here.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 13:181 edit
    ...the "poorly edited text" is a choice of style...it fits the way i can express the thoghts that are generated by my mind...i use it for internet posting only...i am by profession a lawyer and have been so for more than 30 years and i have taught in private school as well....i can write a complete sentence but do not wish to interrupt the flow, speed or imagination of thought by having to reflect on syntax, etc....if it bvotherrrsss yoouuu hten please just ignore anything you see wiht the nammeee reinfeld...it does not bother me...go read james joyce...his stream of conscousnness style was well edited and you will enjoy that i am sure...or go amuse yourself with hemingway's "Birnam Wood" for the longest sentence in the English language...okay ?...and the problem with just an ordinary clan forum is that an ordinary clan has only 20 players in it and of the 20 you would get a partial number of players actively in the forum...a creative vibrant forum i would think should have an active base of more than 100 plus so that a wide vareity of interests, humour, etc. could be posted and advanced...
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 15:44
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    ...the "poorly edited text" is a choice of style...it fits the way i can express the thoghts that are generated by my mind...i use it for internet posting only...i am by profession a lawyer and have been so for more than 30 years and i have taught in private school as well....i can write a complete sentence but do not wish to interrupt the flow, speed or imagination of thought by having to reflect on syntax,
    This is the only post of yours which I have partially read because I was intriqued to know why you write in this unreadable style.

Surely, if you are a lawyer, then syntax should come automatically, and shouldn't "interrupt the flow, speed or imagination of thought".

I don't really care, life is fine ignoring your posts, and if you want to post unreadable gibberish, then feel free.

D
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 16:02
    ...thank you...i feel that i am pacing up and down in front of the lecture hall and thinking aloud...my thoughts only interrupted by the sound of quill pens scratching on parchment to take down my words...got ink ?...
  12. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '07 12:081 edit
    Debates, Spirituality and Sport are separate forums set up with sectional interests in mind.

Why not have an unmoderated (or barely moderated) set of forums called Fun, Adult, Personals or somesuch at the top of the forum list, and move all the serious, moderated forums to the bottom of the list. Serious forums could then have NegativeRecommendation as well as PositiveRecommendation as options for readers to express their rejection/support.

If the folk who wish to play in the forums were left in relative peace by moderators, they might be less inclined to destroy threads which have a valid discussion going. (like this one)

and reinfeld ... love that avatar ... his expression is just right!
  13. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 11:071 edit
    hey reinfeld ... what's happened to your avatar?

On second thoughts... why don't we ask for a forum for unspecified topics ... moderator to be democratically chosen by the first 20 people to put their hands up ... and re-elected annually ... moderator to have only the power to "hide post" or "close thread" in that forum.

Typing this "streamofconsciousness" style is hard for me ... I have to resist the urge to punctuate ... 😲
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 13:101 edit
    ..i am beta testing for the new rhp server ( on a seperate url ) and for some odd reason my profile and avatar pictures drop off all the time at time for chess...they show up on the beta site and or on time for chess but not both...maybe when the beta test is over it will come back but in february when my subscription runs out i think all i willl have is the grey silhouette...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree