1. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    04 Jan '05 16:021 edit
    Originally posted by Crowley
    This only stops move reminder emails when it's your turn to move.
    This does not stop the dumbasses from sending superfluous move reminders to you.
    hmmm... I thought that blocked all reminders. I know that I don't receive reminders ever. I thought this was because I'd turned them off. Maybe I've turned off all e-mail, but I can't see how I'd have done that (without putting in a false e-mail address). Maybe it's just that none of my opponents remind me???

edit: if you guys want to see this improvement it's got a much greater chance of being noticed in the "Site Ideas" forum. I know it might seem that ideas are posted again & again and get ignored, but they're on a long list and maybe if they're posted again they'll move up.
    If you want I could move this thread to the ideas forum - let me know.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    04 Jan '05 16:08
    Are you just a rec magnet or what?
    Astute people recognize my genuine, courteous attitude.
  3. Standard memberShanshu311
    Vox Populi
    38.9265 N, 94.6372 W
    Moves
    04 Jan '05 16:10
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    hmmm... I thought that blocked all reminders. I know that I don't receive reminders ever. I thought this was because I'd turned them off. Maybe I've turned off all e-mail, but I can't see how I'd have done that (without putting in a false e-mail address). Maybe it's just that none of my opponents remind me???

edit: if you guys want to see thi ...[text shortened]... again they'll move up.
    If you want I could move this thread to the ideas forum - let me know.
    Well, I have no problem with that...feel free to move this to the Ideas forum.

Thanks! Maybe I'll get a a rec out of this...hmm.
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    04 Jan '05 16:24
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Astute people recognize my genuine, courteous attitude.
    Bah. You probably require your fellow handjobbers to follow you around the forums and rec all your posts.
  5. Standard memberShanshu311
    Vox Populi
    38.9265 N, 94.6372 W
    Moves
    04 Jan '05 16:32
    Bah. You probably require your fellow handjobbers to follow you around the forums and rec all your posts.
    Now, now...let's focus on the goal: No Move Reminders!
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Jan '05 16:47
    Originally posted by Shanshu311
    Now, now...let's focus on the goal: No Move Reminders!
    Couple things u can do.

Change your email address to something made up. Downside is u receive no email from RHP.
    Set up a filter so all the emails disappear into their own folder. That way u can just empty out the folder every so often and u still get your move notifications.

But I do agree completely that people shouldn't be allowed send move reminders 3 days into a 21 day game. Fair enough receiving a reminder when your timebank is being used.

For the seatbelt fella and all others like u, what u should do is, click on Action at the top of the my Games page and then choose 'My Move'. That way you won't be bothered by the fasten seat belt sign, and you'll leave the rest of us reminder haters in peace.

D
  7. Standard memberShanshu311
    Vox Populi
    38.9265 N, 94.6372 W
    Moves
    04 Jan '05 20:11
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Couple things u can do.

Change your email address to something made up. Downside is u receive no email from RHP.
    Set up a filter so all the emails disappear into their own folder. That way u can just empty out the folder every so often and u still get your move notifications.

But I do agree completely that people shouldn't be allowed send move rem ...[text shortened]... by the fasten seat belt sign, and you'll leave the rest of us reminder haters in peace.

D
    That's what I'm saying! Amen.
  8. Aberdeen, Scotland
    Moves
    04 Jan '05 20:55
    i say we retaliate.

i would like an option where i could send back emails that remind my opponent im on holiday and its unlikely i will be moving before the date clearly specified on my holiday setting text.
  9. Standard memberShanshu311
    Vox Populi
    38.9265 N, 94.6372 W
    Moves
    05 Jan '05 21:15
    Originally posted by pendejo
    i say we retaliate.

i would like an option where i could send back emails that remind my opponent im on holiday and its unlikely i will be moving before the date clearly specified on my holiday setting text.
    Now THAT is an idea!!! I like it!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree