1 Timothy 4

1 Timothy 4

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
08 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
I think you left out the most important reason why some people are in bad health - stupidity. Plus you must be referring to advanced developed countries like the US.
You are suggesting that God doesn't care about humans taking care of their "God given" bodies, and I think you're wrong.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Jul 19
1 edit

@chaney3 said
You are suggesting that God doesn't care about humans taking care of their "God given" bodies, and I think you're wrong.
Everything has its place in the eyes of God. Physical bodies is not high on the list. Still the bible does have some good health advice which people ignore.

E

Moves
08 Jul 19
1 edit

@chaney3 said
Agreed.

Paul doesn't know what he's talking about in regards to exercising the body, which is critical to physical health, along with mental and spiritual well being.

Hate to say it, but some parts of the bible are pure nonsense.
Paul is saying nothing in this life compares to the eternal life. I guess you did not get it.

c

Moves
08 Jul 19

@eladar said
Paul is saying nothing in this life compares to the eternal life. I guess you did not get it.
Wrong!!!

Paul said "bodily exercise profits little".

Why do you guys make Christianity sound so stupid by making the "present" life seem meaningless, and always always focus on the afterlife??

If God doesn't give a rat's ass about our time on earth, then why bother creating us at all?

Sheeeesh!!

E

Moves
08 Jul 19
1 edit

@chaney3 said
Wrong!!!

Paul said "bodily exercise profits little".

Why do you guys make Christianity sound so stupid by making the "present" life seem meaningless, and always always focus on the afterlife??

If God doesn't give a rat's ass about our time on earth, then why bother creating us at all?

Sheeeesh!!
If you exercise you die. How long will you live? 100? What good will your exercise do for you after you die?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Jul 19

@Rajk999
That's a beautiful passage. Amen

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
Not too sure about that Ghost. The whole story is that Jesus was referring to sexual immorality which defiles ones body. I would think that Jesus would be on the same page as Paul regarding exercise. Regarding ones health, Jesus and the Apostles said [off the top of my head ]
- dont over eat
- eat everything
- take an occasional drink of alcohol
- work hard
- pray for h ...[text shortened]... s could be taken to another extreme by ignoring good commonsense about ones health which is foolish.
Jesus and the bible preach chastity and one hot wife

E

Moves
11 Jul 19
1 edit

@karoly-aczel said
Jesus and the bible preach chastity and one hot wife
Better a wife with a sex drive than looks. If the woman you marry has no sex drive then chastity followed by more chastity. Paul was right when he said that Christians are the people who should be most pitied if there is no afterlife and no no salvation.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Jul 19

@eladar said
Better a wife with a sex drive than looks. If the woman you marry has no sex drive then chastity followed by more chastity. Paul was right when he said that Christians are the people who should be most pitied if there is no afterlife and no no salvation.
Did I say looks?

American?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Jul 19

Beauty in the eye of the beholder. I see their souls

E

Moves
12 Jul 19

@karoly-aczel

Ok, your words mean nothing because you give them non typical meanings.

F

Moves
12 Jul 19

@eladar said
Better a wife with a sex drive than looks. If the woman you marry has no sex drive then chastity followed by more chastity.
What if the woman finds out that the man she's married is emotionally repulsive?

E

Moves
12 Jul 19
1 edit

@fmf said
What if the woman finds out that the man she's married is emotionally repulsive?
Her body is not hers. All Christian women know this and should not marry if they can not live up to it. Same goes for guys with low sex drives.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Jul 19

@eladar said
@karoly-aczel

Ok, your words mean nothing because you give them non typical meanings.
I speak plainly