1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 01:11
    Originally posted by rwingett
    All those opinions were overturned in a relatively short time. 2,000 years on and the Christians are still waiting for J.C. to swoop down and cure what ails 'em.
    It won't matter in eternity.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 01:13
    Originally posted by galveston75
    2011 and Revelation?

In simple language, what is the meaning of “Revelation”? Part 1:

The opening chapter of the book concluding the Bible introduces us to the One over all, the Originator of the Revelation message, Jehovah God the Almighty, “the Alpha and the Omega.” It gives a vision of the Channel of the communication, Jesus Christ, sh ...[text shortened]... he time has arrived for the great “vine of the earth” to be trodden out in the winepress.—Re 14.
    So the 144 000 are going to have "Jehovah" and "Jesus" tatooed on their foreheads, right? Classic 😀
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 01:21
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So the 144 000 are going to have "Jehovah" and "Jesus" tatooed on their foreheads, right? Classic 😀
    I have no idea what it looks like as they will be spirits. So use your imagination on that....
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 01:24
    2011 and Revelation?

In simple language, what is the meaning of “Revelation”? Part 1:

The opening chapter of the book concluding the Bible introduces us to the One over all, the Originator of the Revelation message, Jehovah God the Almighty, “the Alpha and the Omega.” It gives a vision of the Channel of the communication, Jesus Christ, sh ...[text shortened]... he time has arrived for the great “vine of the earth” to be trodden out in the winepress.—Re 14.
    "In simple language" , you mean in the words of the Watchtower publications, right?
    There is much in those two posts that I would not consider simple at all. Especially the language. Its all just specific generalizations about certain future events that have been brought to light through revelations.
    It may interest you to note that I too have my own interpretation of revelations, and I think, in a allegorical way, that revelations has some truth in it.

Mainly I believe, more or less, that there will be a great upheaval on the Earth in 2012.
    I will be glad if I am wrong on this one, because in my version, the ones not prepared will go through much pain and suffering.
    However those that understand the coming shift, in their own personal way, not as a part of some organized snooze class, will recognize it instantly as the "cleansing of the Earth" as well as their own personal rewards for the efforts they have made towards their own self-realization.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 01:28
    "In simple language" , you mean in the words of the Watchtower publications, right?
    There is much in those two posts that I would not consider simple at all. Especially the language. Its all just specific generalizations about certain future events that have been brought to light through revelations.
    It may interest you to note that I too have my own ...[text shortened]... heir own personal rewards for the efforts they have made towards their own self-realization.
    Do you think the book of Revelation will never be understood by anyone?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 01:30
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Is this the year in which the messiah returns?

Or is it another year chalked onto the 'where is he?' column?

Be brave.

2 Peter 3:3,4&10

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night;
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 01:32
    If you're asking me do i think some sort of modern day superman is going to swoop down from the sky, save humanity, but only those who 'believed' in him, the rest of us will be carted off to burn in the fires of hell for eternity (obviously dependant on which denomination you choose to believe). I think you've read enough of my posts over the last year or so to make that call.

It's your choice!

You laugh at Jesus and you laugh at us for believing.

"We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)"

Tomorrow might be too late.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 01:34
    Hey man! Did you see my reply in the thread "Baptism"?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 01:42
    I have no idea what it looks like as they will be spirits. So use your imagination on that....
    Well given that man was made in the image of God, I guess they will be pretty much the same,eh?

Anyway, I pulled you up on that point for two reasons. Firstly for the lulz. There is no substitue for the lulz, and note: I am not necessarily disagreeing with you here, as I have no info on that , however it would take a fair bit more convincing for me to go along with such a weird-a$$ projection.
    Secondly, I notice you JW's, more than any other denomination, are right into naming your god in a very specific way, ie. "Jehovah God".
    Only the Hare Krsnas are on a par with the naming of their god so specifically.

My take is that "God" is right there in front of you. Right now and always.
    "He" is what he is. Which is not a "he" for starters. It is the ground of all being, of all of our own true identities.

I think that we dilute stories for children and make up names and stories to explain our existence, god, etc. to them.
    The fact is that god has no name. No title. No man-made position, nor is understood by ordinary people.
    IT is understood partially by the shamans and fully by the Zen masters, but to approach this understanding, one must let go of those childhood stories.
    Its a painful process.
    And given your posting histiry, I severely doubt you will even consider my take on your god, let alone try to reallign your understanding with mine (and everyone elses), rather than trying to reassert your own dogma , time after time, without making any apparent inroads into any ones mind here on the SF.
    Ok. I'll leave it for now. If you've even bothered to read this entire post I thank you🙂
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 01:48
    Well I dont know, but I dont hold much hope. But like I said, I belive I have partial understanding of it, however, silly me wont just accept the biblical interpretation(s). I gotta go cross-refrence it with opther publications and scources of info.
    Anyway, if there is truth to it, I guess people better be prepared, as I see it as a "book of warning".

So your simplification was from the Watchtower,right?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 03:03
    Well I dont know, but I dont hold much hope. But like I said, I belive I have partial understanding of it, however, silly me wont just accept the biblical interpretation(s). I gotta go cross-refrence it with opther publications and scources of info.
    Anyway, if there is truth to it, I guess people better be prepared, as I see it as a "book of warning".

So your simplification was from the Watchtower,right?
    Yes it is. I've never read a better explination as it completely agrees with the rest of the Bible.
    And it would only make sense that in time any and all the Bible would finally be understood. Why would God give us something that would be confusing and useless in the big picture?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 03:05
    Part 2:

With another symbolism, God’s final judgments are portrayed. Seven angels are provided with seven bowls of God’s anger. They go forth to carry out this final work. One of the chief foes of God and of the “bride” of Christ comes in for attention, namely, “Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots,” “the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.” Her alliance with the seven-headed beast collapses, the beast becoming enraged with her, eating her flesh, and burning her with fire. The mourning of those who made gain by their dealings with her is great, but heaven rejoices.—Re 15-18.
    Babylon the Great, as “the mother of the harlots,” would logically make every attempt to seduce the “bride” of Christ to become unfaithful to her promised husband (2Co 11:2, 3; Eph 5:25-27) and thereby make her another harlot. Hence, the heavenly rejoicing is accentuated because Babylon the Great’s corrupting efforts have been frustrated. The great harlot is now out of the way, and the bride has gained the victory. She has prepared herself for her espoused One. Therefore it is time for the Lamb’s marriage to take place. All those invited to the marriage rejoice. Jehovah now begins a new epoch in his reign, the great harlot having disappeared as a rival to pure worship.—Re 19:1-10.
    But God’s other enemies must come in for execution of judgment. The Bridegroom goes forth to complete his conquest, to rid the earth of all foes, political and otherwise. The destruction is thorough. Finally, the Devil, having experienced the defeat of all of his agents and instruments, is himself bound for the thousand years of Christ’s reign. The vision passes over this Millennial Reign for the moment to detail a judgment that comes at the end of the thousand years; the Devil is temporarily loosed, then, together with all those joining his attack on “the camp of the holy ones and the beloved city,” he is completely annihilated.—Re 19:11–20:10.
    Turning back to events during the thousand years, the vision depicts the resurrection and judgment that take place under the rule of Christ and his bride, the New Jerusalem. The beauty and grandeur of this heavenly “city” is described, with the healing, life-giving benefits it brings to mankind.—Re 20:11–22:5.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 05:54
    Is this the year in which the messiah returns?

Or is it another year chalked onto the 'where is he?' column?

Be brave.
    Actually, there was a calendar for the coming of Christ....the first go round.

Just google Daniel 9:24-27. Daniel accurately predicted the coming of Jesus some 500 years into the future.

As for the second go round, scripture indicates that no man knows the time.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 09:53
    2012 is the year we're all waiting on, dude!
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 09:58
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    2012 is the year we're all waiting on, dude!
    London Olympics?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree