1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 05:322 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I guess I will have to put my hand up for the "new agers", but I really dont subscribe to anyone elses views completely. Maybe parts of.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!!

I think you are the lone New Ager on this sight. As such, you could really care less if there is anything to it all. Fair enough.

As a side note, I was studying up on Nostadamous and it turns out he did not pin point any date for his prophesy. All he claimed was that a comet of sorts was coming our way to wreak havoc after the turn of the 21rst century. This seems to line up with the scientific view that with the galactic realignment we should have increased chances of comet encounters.

EEEEKS!!!! 😲
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 05:39
    Originally posted by whodey

I think you are the lone New Ager on this sight. As such, you could really care less if there is anything to it all. Fair enough.

As a side note, I was studying up on Nostadamous and it turns out he did not pin point any date for his prophesy. All he claimed was that a comet of sorts was coming our way to wreak ha ...[text shortened]... the galactic realignment we should have increased chances of comet encounters.

EEEEKS!!!! 😲
    Also, because of the second law of thermodynamics.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 07:09
    I did not say compelling, rather, I said the MOST compelling data.

Thanks for that. 😛
    I also object to you calling it 'a fringe in science', when in reality it is decidedly unscientific but posing as science.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 08:40
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I also object to you calling it 'a fringe in science', when in reality it is decidedly unscientific but posing as science.
    Hmmm, like evolution. That must be why it is discussed on the
    spirituality forum, too.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 20:29

As a side note, I was studying up on Nostadamous and it turns out he did not pin point any date for his prophesy. All he claimed was that a comet of sorts was coming our way to wreak ha ...[text shortened]... the galactic realignment we should have increased chances of comet encounters.

EEEEKS!!!! 😲
    Yeah. See there you go straight away. I dont know about Nostradamus.
    And it's only because of the whole 60's thing (which I was not alive for), that I even identify with the words "new age".
    It seems to me those hippies did something different, something individual, off their own bats, and did not just follow other religions and established dogmas.

Of course many of them were wrong, as I'm sure I'm wrong about some things, but about the "chi", about the "energy of the universe", about my own connection to the divine, (the deep deep down stuff that I cant put into words), I know I am right.
    Even then I may be wrong, but lets not get too confused too quick. Understanding the human ego and it's place is a difficult practice for the common day man, at the moment. I hope this will change soon as the general populace begins to understand psychology better.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree