21st century and people still duped by bible?

21st century and people still duped by bible?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Dec 15
1 edit

Paul KIngsnorth speaks on his concept "uncivilization".

"The Myth of Progress"

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Dec 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
I fail to see how Scientology and Mormonism are any more ridiculous than mainstream religions.
Of course you do, because in your mind, your prejudice is that all religious people are either nut jobs or con men, so why bother to differentiate between shysters?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Dec 15

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Indeed.

This "free pass" that especially Christianity and to a lesser extent Islam seem to get confuses me.

Break it down and it is still an utterly insane belief that has no place in the mind of a mentally healthy person.
So is it your position that we're all mentally deficient, like googlefudge implies?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Dec 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
So is it your position that we're all mentally deficient, like googlefudge implies?
We are just saying the people who started these religions were just men with an ax to grind in the way of controlling their constituents, making up anthropomorphic attributes given to their made up deity as a way for humans to have a believable god to look up to.

Entirely man made, that is the long and short of it. The biggest scam in human history. And not just Christianity, also Islam, Hinduism, Jaynes, and modern absolute scams like Scientology, Now THERE is a scam for all time.

I absolutely HATE the results of these scams, where one religion gets pitted against another, Muslims killing Hindus killing Christians killing Muslims killing Christians killing Buddhists and on and on and on ad infinitum.

I will NEVER accept the concept that a deity, which one would think way above humanity in morality, would ever allow such atrocity to keep going on century after century, for instance, 100 MILLION people killed in WW2, and no deity even giving it an afterthought. So the question there is, what is the number of killed that would pass some click point of a god? 200 million? 1 billion? 7 billion, which would pretty much off the entire human race, would any deity THEN step in and say enough is enough?

One hundred Million dead is already a good portion of the total number of humans on the planet and thousands more each year. So when does a god say ENOUGH ALREADY? And maybe go on to make it clear it did not approve of all these twisted religions?

I can see the retorts coming in now: WOW are you ever mad at god. He won't like that one bit you know. You will be damned for all eternity for such blasphemy and then more bible verses to 'prove' your point.

I'm not mad at some alleged deity, I am SURELY mad as hell against the pure asssholes who started all these religions at each other's throats.

Infidel

Moves
14 Dec 15

Yes, believing in a god is rather insane.

It's a sickness that we hopefully one day will get rid of.

L

Moves
15 Dec 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
How can that be, where people, some with frigging Phd's still be duped into believing fairy tales that almost certainly never happened in this day and age where men have walked on the moon and we are talking about colonizing Mars and cancer is on the way to being defeated just as polio has and mathematics and logic advancing in leaps and bounds as well as p ...[text shortened]... ome on, can't you do better than that? These are frigging FAIRY tales for god's sake, literally.
If you make the question more general and objective (not specific to ragging on the bible), it is not a particularly easy question to answer satisfactorily.

We could of course point to forms of cultural entrenchment of religious narratives, but that would probably miss the point, since the structures of religiosity have featured cross-culturally in near-universal fashion. So, presumably, there is a more fundamental etiological explanation. We probably do not have too many viable options here at the present time. Perhaps there are Darwinian advantages in virtue of which it makes sense that such religiosity would be selected for in ancestors like ours; or perhaps it is a spandrel or attendant byproduct of something else selected for, coupled with the intentional stance; or perhaps we need to look to other replicators besides the gene, such as the meme; or some complicated combination of these.

Oh, and of course, there is the option that perhaps these religious claims pick out actual facts into which the religious human cognition is dialed. I keed, I keed.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
15 Dec 15
2 edits

How can that be, where people, some with frigging Phd's still be duped into believing fairy tales that almost certainly never happened in this day and age where men have walked on the moon and we are talking about colonizing Mars and cancer is on the way to being defeated just as polio has and mathematics and logic advancing in leaps and bounds as well as p ...[text shortened]... ome on, can't you do better than that? These are frigging FAIRY tales for god's sake, literally.
There is only 2 reasons why a person supports and defends a false religion.

1. they are not sincere to begin with.

2. they are dishonest because they do not research spirituality and religion.

3. and therefore they have no clue to what constitutes true religion as compared to false religion..........and that's because they have no true spiritual knowledge to guide them..

They do not even understand that the practice of cruel caging and slaughter of animals is ungodly.

They simply have no clue to what is right and what is wrong...........(they are bogan meat heads)

The meat eating false religions of the world simply do not possess sufficient true knowledge to elevate a person into true God consciousness.

There is no such thing as a kind and pure meat eater........................because it would be like saying ( there is a kind and pure Nazi )

........and that's not possible.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
15 Dec 15

Yes, believing in a god is rather insane.

It's a sickness that we hopefully one day will get rid of.
So you are believing a sane person accepts that the laws of nature and nature itself with all the eco systems and conscious living beings are a product of an unintelligent random accidental cause......................................and that and insane person is one that accepts that everything comes from and intelligent cause.

You are quiet insane Sir.....................and dishonest.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
15 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by LemonJello
If you make the question more general and objective (not specific to ragging on the bible), it is not a particularly easy question to answer satisfactorily.

We could of course point to forms of cultural entrenchment of religious narratives, but that would probably miss the point, since the structures of religiosity have featured cross-culturally in nea ...[text shortened]... laims pick out actual facts into which the religious human cognition is dialed. I keed, I keed.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Dec 15

We are just saying the people who started these religions were just men with an ax to grind in the way of controlling their constituents, making up anthropomorphic attributes given to their made up deity as a way for humans to have a believable god to look up to.

Entirely man made, that is the long and short of it. The biggest scam in human history. And ...[text shortened]... mad as hell against the pure asssholes who started all these religions at each other's throats.
How can you know that all the religions were made up? And how can you know that everyone of them had an axe to grind? You are not ...

The Near Genius. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Dec 15

Originally posted by Dasa
There is only 2 reasons why a person supports and defends a false religion.

1. they are not sincere to begin with.

2. they are dishonest because they do not research spirituality and religion.

3. and therefore they have no clue to what constitutes true religion as compared to false religion..........and that's because they have no true spiritual ...[text shortened]... would be like saying ( there is a kind and pure Nazi )

........and that's not possible.
Perhaps my God cares more about me than the animals. Did you every think of the possibility that God made the plants and animals for man's benefit and for man to have dominion over them? 😏

Infidel

Moves
15 Dec 15

Originally posted by Dasa
So you are believing a sane person accepts that the laws of nature and nature itself with all the eco systems and conscious living beings are a product of an unintelligent random accidental cause......................................and that and insane person is one that accepts that everything comes from and intelligent cause.

You are quiet insane Sir.....................and dishonest.
I will respond to you as soon as you've picked up a dictionary and have shown that you understand the meaning of the word "dishonest" (and the difference between "quite" and "quiet", while we're at it).

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Dec 15

I will respond to you as soon as you've picked up a dictionary and have shown that you understand the meaning of the word "dishonest" (and the difference between "quite" and "quiet", while we're at it).
The last one could easily be just a typing error, so why don't you just concentrate on "dishonest" for now. 😏

Infidel

Moves
15 Dec 15

Yes, for most people it would be just a typo.

I'm not sure about Dasa, though.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
15 Dec 15

Of course you do, because in your mind, your prejudice is that all religious people are either nut jobs or con men, so why bother to differentiate between shysters?
Suzi!!! You are on my side! 😀