1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 05:43
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    ROMAN/GREEK MYTHOLOGY
    7 Pleiads
    7 Hesprides (guarding the Golden Aplles)
    and
    (copy paste ....)
    [i]... the poems of Homer. Here we find a number of sevens.
    Seven talents are more than once bestowed as a present.
    even tripods,
    seven women,
    and seven towns are among the gifts by which Agamemnon seeks to propitiate
    the enraged Achilles.
    Then there are seven ships of Philoctetes,
    seven brothers of Andromache,
    seven sons of Polyctor,
    seven gates of the Bœotian Thebes,
    seven layers of ox-hide in the impenetrable shield of Ajax,
    seven herds of cattle belonging to the sun-god Helios,
    seven roods of ground covered by the fallen war-god Ares.
    Seven years the murderer Ægisthus reigns upon the throne of Agamemnon;
    seven years Ulysses is kept a prisoner by the fondness of the nymph Calypso;
    seven years in his romancing story to Eumæus he professes to have spent in Egypt.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 06:091 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    http://www.gotquestions.org/Trinity-Bible.html

https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/bowman_robert/trinity/trinity.cfm

https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_320.cfm
    Firstly, do you expect me to chase down your links? Really?

Secondly, you believe in the trinity because you have been taught it; posting me ex-biblical material which supports what you have been taught is hardly an argument. Is it?

Thirdly, your inability to address the well made and thought through points in my post is noted.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 11:226 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    ROMAN/GREEK MYTHOLOGY
    The 3 rulers; Jupiter, Neptune and Pluto
    The 3 fates;
    The 3 furies;
    The 3 Graces;
    The 3 heads of Cerberus;
    The 3 faced goddess; Trivia
    The 3 pointed trident of Poseiden/Neptune.
    The 3 judges of the Underworld.
    The 3 Gorgons.
    The 3 gifts received by Perseus.
    "And Moses and Aaron came to Pharoah, and they did just as Jehovah had commanded; and Aaron threw down his staff before Pharoah and before his servants, and it became a serpent.

Then Pharoah also called for the wise men and the sorcerers, and they also, the magicians of Egypt, did the same with thier secret spells.

That is, each one threw down his staff, and they became serpents. But Aaron's staff swallowed up their staffs." (Exodus 6:10-12)

In Exodus It is significant that the Egyptian sorcerers competed with Moses and Aaron by imitating the miracle that God had commanded them to show Pharoah. Pharoah probably thought "Big deal Moses and Aaron. By our dark occultic arts and skills we can do the same thing your God told you to do."

This sets forth a principle that Satanic arts of the occult or even worldly wisdom can often imitate something divine. Basically, you and twhitehead are showing that people in their religious or occultic traditions have always attached special significances to numbers. And such interpretations are not the sole property of Christians.

We know this already. And we also know that to some degree sorcery and occultic wisdom will imitate divine matters in the Bible.

Whether what the Egyptian wise men and sorcerers copied was a surprise to Moses and Aaron or not, I don't know. But it was no surprise to God who purposely exposed the Egyptians limited supernatural power to imitate some acts of God. See also Exodus 7:20-22.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 21:20
    Originally posted by divegeester
    When someone doesn't agree with you about something, it doesn't automatically follow that they are unable to understand what you are saying.
    My point is that the Trinity concept does not deny that God is one.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 21:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The word trinity is a an adjective and a noun used by trinitarians to explain the entity revealed in the Bible who we recognise as God. Our God is particularlty interested and concerned with the revelation of himself and his name across millennia and various dispensations. The names God applies to himself are plural, his being, his entity, his persona, ...[text shortened]... ts with God repeatedly saying to his people I AM ONE. He never, ever, not once, says I AM THREE.
    This is why I say that you are unclear on the concept. The Trinity concept does not deny that God is one.
  6. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 21:432 edits
    the numbers are symbols.

the number do not speak of literal historical truth.

if the above is so, then what is the true meaning of the the three abrahamic scriptures ?

the kabalah is the way of the egyptian gods...an attempt to humanize and record and observe..and then to give a meaning to an observation...from nature and the stars,..

moses raised a tabernacle with a holy of holies in it.

moses was raised a prince of egypt.

at karnok, there was before moses went into the sinai, a yearly time when an egyptian priest walked into a holy of holies, a seperate room at karnak, and gave and sought a blessing.

moses, a prince of egypt, years later, set up a tabernacle, as was in karnak, and once a year a holy man went in and gave and received a blessing.

there is a truth here.

the truth will be ignored by the two semite cousins...jew and palestinian...a war among brothers...out of the same father, abraham.

fools all.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 21:47
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] [b] "And Moses and Aaron came to Pharoah, and they did just as Jehovah had commanded; and Aaron threw down his staff before Pharoah and before his servants, and it became a serpent.

Then Pharoah also called for the wise men and the sorcerers, and they also, the magicians of Egypt, did the same with thier secret spells.

That is, each one threw ...[text shortened]... yptians limited supernatural power to imitate some acts of God. See also [b]Exodus 7:20-22
    .[/b]
    The Old Testament is less than 3,000 years old.
    Perhaps the oral tradition is 3,500 years old.

The Pyramids are 4,500 years old.
    The Upper and Lower kingdoms were united 5,000 years ago.

And you think the Egyptians copied the Jews???
  8. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    17 Oct '15 21:50
    the lineage of the jew is the lineage of the Covenant.

no one knows the lineage of the Promise.

we can push back human history.

we are not able to push Heavenly Father and his purpose.

the wisdom of Heavenly Father is constant, as is He.

"but behold, you are my sheep. you have been given unto me by by father"

( a poor remembrance of 3 nephi, chapter 15 or so ).
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Oct '15 11:28
    Originally posted by mister moggy
    the lineage of the jew is the lineage of the Covenant.

no one knows the lineage of the Promise.

we can push back human history.

we are not able to push Heavenly Father and his purpose.

the wisdom of Heavenly Father is constant, as is He.

"but behold, you are my sheep. you have been given unto me by by father"

( a poor remembrance of 3 nephi, chapter 15 or so ).
    You've mentioned Nephi at least once before.

Are you of the LDS church?

This would be an interesting "something new".
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '15 11:421 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    My point is that the Trinity concept does not deny that God is one.
    Yes it does. The word "trinity" and descriptors such as "distinct persons" are clues.

None of which are in the Bible or course.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '15 11:442 edits
    This is why I say that you are unclear on the concept. The Trinity concept does not deny that God is one.
    Yes it does. It is completely incoherent and contradictory in its attempt to fit a pagan notion of 3 fit into the correct description that God is one.

Of course you are just avoiding the points in my post. As usual.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Oct '15 22:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    There is no mention of a 'triune God', in the entire Biblical cannon, you simply made it up. There are plenty of pagan trinities though none are mentioned in the Bible either.
    Straight out of the Watchtower's booklet on the Trinity. I imagine you had it open next to you. Plus your "Reasoning Book".

You know, Robbie, I think you count your hours spent in various forums in RedHotPawn and submit them as part of your hours spent on what Jehovah's Witnesses call the "Ministry".
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Oct '15 22:28
    Correct. One God, Three Persons, Holy Trinity. Three in One and One in Three.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '15 22:332 edits
    Originally posted by Startreader
    Straight out of the Watchtower's booklet on the Trinity. I imagine you had it open next to you. Plus your "Reasoning Book".

You know, Robbie, I think you count your hours spent in various forums in RedHotPawn and submit them as part of your hours spent on what Jehovah's Witnesses call the "Ministry".
    If you look through the thread Wolfgang provided a plethora of these pagan trinities. Are you denying that they exist or that the trinity is of pagan origin? No? well the statement is true. I suspect that its a weakness of your argument or lack of evidence to the contrary that you feel the necessity to make reference to the watchtower magazine, Jehovahs Witness or some other irrelevancy. I suspect that people like you feel comfortable with a hook upon which to hang their prejudices rather than being able to argue objectively on the merits of the argument by itself.

Some people consider this forum as a personal ministry, people like sonship, but I don't, i just come here to check my variations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_deity
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '15 22:38
    Originally posted by Startreader
    Correct. One God, Three Persons, Holy Trinity. Three in One and One in Three.
    not a Biblical teaching.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree