1. Standard memberCalJustonline
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 10:371 edit
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Have you checked how many OPINIONS you just espoused??

With refernce to our discussion above, have YOU ever considered that, in the light of the many other opinions contrary to yours, whether maybe, just maybe, yours are not that watertight either??

😉
    Just before this disappears off the bottom of the page, I would like to give twhitehead one more chance to reply - realising that some of us have a life outside RHP!

My point was - can you receive it as well as dish it out??

If you promote the concept of the fallibility of opinions (in your case those of theists) are you also accepting the possibility that your OWN judgements and opinions may (at times) be flawed??

Just checking!

😉
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 10:501 edit
    Originally posted by CalJust
    My point was - can you receive it as well as dish it out??

If you promote the concept of the fallibility of opinions (in your case those of theists) are you also accepting the possibility that your OWN judgements and opinions may (at times) be flawed??
    Yes, I can receive it as well as dish it out. I am often corrected on certain points and try to acknowledge it when it happens (ie when I agree that I was wrong).

I also accept that I am fallible in other ways, for example in my previous post in this thread I may not have articulated my opinion particularly well and I may have gone a bit overboard with some of my statements. For example I readily accept that 'moronic' is probably not a suitable identifier for all who create religions and spread them but I was trying to keep in the spirit of the post I was responding to.

I have already apologized for misunderstanding you earlier in the thread (I was fallible and admitted it) and your comments have made me readjust my opinion of the OP. I think the OP suggests that atheism is more likely to be correct than any given religion and I think you have convinced me that that is not the case - there simply isn't enough information to make that call.
  3. Standard memberCalJustonline
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 11:02
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have already apologized for misunderstanding you earlier in the thread (I was fallible and admitted it) and your comments have made me readjust my opinion of the OP. I think the OP suggests that atheism is more likely to be correct than any given religion and I think you have convinced me that that is not the case - there simply isn't enough information to make that call.
    Thank you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree