1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jul '14 12:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I have said I have a problem with humans trying to tell me about a god or gods or God. If god or God wants to tell me itself, so be it. Till then, I'll make my own decisions on theistic ideas.
    Uh-huh.

And you call Christians arrogant.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jul '14 12:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Uh-huh.

And you call Christians arrogant.
    Ah, I'm arrogant because I don't just fall over and believe everything a theist tells me about god, gods or God. So here we are on this tiny planet, one of billions just like it no doubt, in the universe and I think THEISTS are the arrogant ones who think the whole universe orbits around them. That god, gods, or God sent down ten commandments. So why isn't there a commandment against slavery or treating women like cattle?

Just the kind of thing those theists would write when they wanted to control their subjects but didn't want to go so far as to make it impossible for them to keep their OWN slaves or keep them supplied with 20 women......
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jul '14 17:391 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ah, I'm arrogant because I don't just fall over and believe everything a theist tells me about god, gods or God. So here we are on this tiny planet, one of billions just like it no doubt, in the universe and I think THEISTS are the arrogant ones who think the whole universe orbits around them. That god, gods, or God sent down ten commandments. So why isn't ...[text shortened]... o make it impossible for them to keep their OWN slaves or keep them supplied with 20 women......
    If you would read the whole instead cherry picking parts of scripture, maybe you would see that Christianity is against slavery and treating women like cattle and having many women as concubines or wives. That is, if you could keep an open mind and discard your biased attitude.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jul '14 19:41
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You are a lost soul. I hope you find your way.
    There are many people today who wouldn’t consider themselves to be seeking after Law righteousness, but they really are. Their only hope of entering into heaven instead of hell is that they go to church, they try to be good, they live up to some standard of morality. That’s what this is talking about when it says the Jews weren’t seeking righteousness by faith but by the Law. They were trying to earn what God had given as a gift.

The rest of Romans 9:32 says,

For they stumbled at that stumblingstone.

It is offensive to people, particularly if they have a lot of holy actions to their names, when you tell them that all their good deeds don’t make them righteous before God. Then when you tell them sinners who only put faith in God are more righteous than they are (Matt. 21:28-32), that really puts them over the top!

They say, “You mean I’m not any better than the person who’s been out living in sin?”

That’s exactly what I’m saying. That’s exactly what Paul and Jesus said.

“Well, what have I been doing all this for?”

Good deeds will help you, to a degree, in your relationships with people, but they won’t give you any clout with God. You could have more holy acts than anyone you know, but who wants to be the best sinner who ever went to hell? All have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23).

We need a Savior! The only thing we have to offer is faith. We just believe the nearly-too-good-to-be-true news that Jesus died for us and paid a debt we couldn’t pay and gave us a righteousness we couldn’t earn. It’s faith righteousness!

“Well, I believe in Jesus, but I believe I also have to live holy to be accepted by God.”

That’s saying Jesus’ payment for sin wasn’t enough—that you have to add to what Jesus has done—and I believe that is the greatest sin of all! Jesus either paid for it all, or He paid for nothing at all! It’s not Jesus plus you; it’s Jesus or you! It’s not you doing the best you can and then Jesus making up the difference with grace and mercy. If you try to mix the two, you have totally polluted what Jesus has done. It’s either faith righteousness or your righteousness, but not a combination of the two (Rom. 11:6).

It takes a supernatural revelation by the Holy Spirit to be able to understand this. But once you do, it’ll transform the way that you view God, the way that you relate to God, and the way that you receive from God. The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation. I encourage you to just humble yourself and ask God for a supernatural revelation of this truth. It’s tremendous.

When you truly get a hold of the grace of God, I guarantee you, it sets you free from sin, not free to sin. You’ll wind up living holier accidentally than you ever have on purpose. You’ll serve God out of love stricter and stronger than you ever would have out of legalism.

Jesus said you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free (John 8:32). It’s not truth that sets you free; it’s the truth you know that sets you free. But before you can know it, you’ve got to hear it. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (Rom. 10:17).

http://www.awmi.net/extra/article/grace_power
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jul '14 19:443 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    There are many people today who wouldn’t consider themselves to be seeking after Law righteousness, but they really are. Their only hope of entering into heaven instead of hell is that they go to church, they try to be good, they live up to some standard of morality. That’s what this is talking about when it says the Jews weren’t seeking righteousness by ...[text shortened]... ng and hearing by the Word of God (Rom. 10:17).

http://www.awmi.net/extra/article/grace_power
    Thats a load of bull. Like I said you are a lost soul.

The way to eternal life is through Christ. Listen and follow the teachings of Christ.

By the way does the Bible refer to something as 'law righteousness?' Plus you make statements followed by a quote which has no relevance to the initial statement.

eg you said this about Matt 21: 28-32 It is offensive to people, particularly if they have a lot of holy actions to their names, when you tell them that all their good deeds don’t make them righteous before God. Then when you tell them sinners who only put faith in God are more righteous than they are (Matt. 21:28-32)

The KJV says :

But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard. He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not. Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him. (Matthew 21:28-32 KJV)

Clearly your ability to read and understand and repeat something said so that the meaning is not lost, is severely limited.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jul '14 23:171 edit
    And some so rabidly seek error that they must manufacture it.

They do not listen to what is actually being said and assume they know what is being said without bothering to piece it together for themselves.

Some do this even with theists whose hearts clearly belong to God, assuming that error is occurring because their own understanding and tolerance for listening closely are hampered.

I will leave it to him to explain how you have twisted his words and given offense to him unnecessarily because of your own misunderstanding and rush to feel superior.

Also, as often happens in your "calling out" posts, your last sentence speaks more to you than to the person you have offended. The "limited ability" to read and understand is yours, because you didn't bother to read and understand. You just assumed, as usual.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jul '14 10:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If you would read the whole instead cherry picking parts of scripture, maybe you would see that Christianity is against slavery and treating women like cattle and having many women as concubines or wives. That is, if you could keep an open mind and discard your biased attitude.
    So that's why they forced Inuit children to go to christian schools and the same almost everywhere there were indigenous people. Because christians KNOW they are morally superior to every other civilization on the planet.

What a crock of shyte.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree