5 Item TODO list in the week before the Apocalypse

5 Item TODO list in the week before the Apocalypse

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
05 Jun 13

This might be fun. Make a TODO list of 5 items, to be done in a week, at least partially. and not just any week, but the week right before the Apocalypse. (either meteor strike, biblical apocalypse, rogue black hole, etc).

Assume whatever you want regarding the existence of God, and what god if any exist, but the one sure thing would be that the mentioned apocalypse will definitely happen.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-things-that-should-be-every-apocalypse-to-do-list/
this is an example list

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
This might be fun. Make a TODO list of 5 items, to be done in a week, at least partially. and not just any week, but the week right before the Apocalypse. (either meteor strike, biblical apocalypse, rogue black hole, etc).

Assume whatever you want regarding the existence of God, and what god if any exist, but the one sure thing would be that the mention ...[text shortened]... .cracked.com/blog/5-things-that-should-be-every-apocalypse-to-do-list/
this is an example list
I saw part of a movie, I thought starring Steve Carell but can't find the movie on his movie list, anyway it had a title something like what to do at the end, where this asteroid was aiming towards Earth and there was zip we could do about it, too big to blow up, steer out of the way with spacecraft and such so at the end, the lovers were just in bed talking to each other professing love and so forth and then whiteout when the big rock hits, presumably taking out every human on earth and probably 90% of all life forms like the Permian die off. Basically there was no list to make, just get ready for the big one to hit. Say I love you a few dozen times and wham, it's all over baby blue.

Like if you really had only a week before the Earth fries, what is the point of ANY list? What are you going to do, tell your long lost son you are sorry for leaving the family when he was 6? What for?

Ro

Moves
05 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
I saw part of a movie, I thought starring Steve Carell but can't find the movie on his movie list, anyway it had a title something like what to do at the end, where this asteroid was aiming towards Earth and there was zip we could do about it, too big to blow up, steer out of the way with spacecraft and such so at the end, the lovers were just in bed talkin g to do, tell your long lost son you are sorry for leaving the family when he was 6? What for?
Ok, but ignore the asteroid and replace it with the certainty of every human being's mortality and no afterlife.

In this case, what is the point of anything anyone ever does?

Put another way, if it is worth making peace with your long lost son today, then why is it not in the last week before the earth comes to an end?

Moves
05 Jun 13

Originally posted by Zahlanzi

Assume whatever you want regarding the existence of God, and what god if any exist, but the one sure thing would be that the mention ...[text shortened]... .cracked.com/blog/5-things-that-should-be-every-apocalypse-to-do-list/
this is an example list
walk my dogs all morning, play with my kids all day, play my guitar badly all evening, eat and drink good things then have sex with my wife all night (well 3 1/2 minutes of the night). although in truth the thought of the imminent death of our children might kill the mood though.

repeat 6 times.

Z

Moves
05 Jun 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
I saw part of a movie, I thought starring Steve Carell but can't find the movie on his movie list, anyway it had a title something like what to do at the end, where this asteroid was aiming towards Earth and there was zip we could do about it, too big to blow up, steer out of the way with spacecraft and such so at the end, the lovers were just in bed talkin ...[text shortened]... g to do, tell your long lost son you are sorry for leaving the family when he was 6? What for?
We all know we are going to die sooner or later. We all assume its later so we don't really live. It is a shame we don't celebrate life like it will end tomorrow.

I believe that should you come to realize the imminence of death, one must do whatever one can to live to the fullest whatever remains.

and that movie was depressing. "Seeking a friend for the end of the world". Very nice movie, but depressing