6ft. of Snow - Global Warming

6ft. of Snow - Global Warming

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Nov 14

Originally posted by C Hess
Your opinion is of no use to any thinking being, lest you can back it up with evidence and facts. It is a mind fart into an otherwise civil debate. Funny, but hardly contributing.
Especially for one like you that refuses to think.

Moves
20 Nov 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Especially for one like you that refuses to think.
Would a Christian who passionately believed in global warming deserve to be cast into the eternal hell fire for such a belief?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 Nov 14

Everyone should know that the climate changes every year when it goes from spring to summer to fall to winter. That is supported by the Holy Bible. However, Global Warming is a political and false religious deception of the atheists and evolutionists, IMO. Al Gore used it to gain followers and money after losing the presidential election.
I have told you before not to use words you do not understand.

You need to check the following:
climate
religious

see if you can give a one paragraph meaning for each.

due in: Monday or 2 de-merits

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 Nov 14

Originally posted by whodey
In the end, it all comes down to belief.
If someone from nowhere got up at the UN out of the blue and shouted GLOBAL WARMING
then it would be a matter of belief.

But that is far from the case.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Nov 14
2 edits

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
IF GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL WHY IS IT COLD RIGHT NOW AT MY LOCATION?
Here is one bit about that:

http://phys.org/news/2014-11-worldwide-retreat-glaciers-unprecedented.html

And this:

http://phys.org/news/2014-11-warmest-oceans.html

Just because the prediction is for global warming, that does not mean we will never have bad winters. This is a slow grinding rise in temperatures, not some calamity that will happen in a couple of weeks.

Look at this video by NASA showing CO2 in terrifying detail if you don't think humans are the cause of the current climate change:

http://thespacereporter.com/2014/11/nasa-video-shows-carbon-dioxide-emissions-around-earth-and-its-terrifying-video/

Cape Town

Moves
20 Nov 14

IF GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL WHY IS IT COLD RIGHT NOW AT MY LOCATION?
Are you perhaps in Antarctica?

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
20 Nov 14

This is a common example of the total misunderstanding of GW/Climate Change.

"Why is it so cold if the earth is supposed to get warmer?"

Global Warming means that as the AVERAGE temperature increases, there is more ENERGY in the climate system. This energy causes extremes in the weather, be it storms, cyclones, snow, etc.

As Wallace S Broecker, geochemist, once said: "The Earth's climate system is an angry beast, and we are poking it with sticks."

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Nov 14

Originally posted by CalJust

Global Warming means that as the AVERAGE temperature increases, there is more ENERGY in the climate system. This energy causes extremes in the weather, be it storms, cyclones, snow, etc.

As Wallace S Broecker, geo ...[text shortened]... st, once said: "The Earth's climate system is an angry beast, and we are poking it with sticks."
Did you see that NASA vid? I'm pretty sure that kind of imagery would not have been like that 1000 years ago when the most we did was burn down a few forests to create coke for iron production.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
20 Nov 14

Everyone should know that the climate changes every year when it goes from spring to summer to fall to winter. That is supported by the Holy Bible. However, Global Warming is a political and false religious deception of the atheists and evolutionists, IMO. Al Gore used it to gain followers and money after losing the presidential election.
I think that normal seasonal variation is not considered to be climatic change. Neither are the longer cycles. Provided the weather returns to what it was at the end of a cycle then no change has occurred. Changing the gaseous content of the atmosphere will clearly affect that, the question is: how much?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Nov 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
I think that normal seasonal variation is not considered to be climatic change. Neither are the longer cycles. Provided the weather returns to what it was at the end of a cycle then no change has occurred. Changing the gaseous content of the atmosphere will clearly affect that, the question is: how much?
And how fast.

Z

Moves
20 Nov 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
Are you perhaps in Antarctica?
no, it's just that winter is coming. if global warming is real, how come winter is coming?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Nov 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
You mean Christians have been warning us
about Climate Change for 2,000 years? ... WOW ...
You'll be without an excuse then won't you! 😉

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Nov 14

Originally posted by CalJust

As Wallace S Broecker, geo ...[text shortened]... st, once said: "The Earth's climate system is an angry beast, and we are poking it with sticks."
I'm getting sick and tired of being told how much we all "misunderstand" everything science comes up with.

Must be because science is evolving so fast nobody can keep up with it.

Except the educated elite of course! 😵

Cape Town

Moves
20 Nov 14

Originally posted by josephw
You'll be without an excuse then won't you! 😉
I am pretty sure we are all without an excuse, even if we only stick with scientists warning us for the last 30 years or so.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Nov 14

no, it's just that winter is coming. if global warming is real, how come winter is coming?
Did you look at any of the vids I posted? These are not effects that happen in a week or two. This is a multi-decade kind of thing. It may be irreversible if things go on as they are, 50 years from now we can be in deep doo doo, lost agricultural lands, coastal cities under water. Even given all that happening, there will still be places on Earth with bad winters. You go to Tiera Del Fuego, you are going to have bad winters no matter what happens to the northern climes.