1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 18:48
    Mother Nature can be heavy handed and in the end she ALWAYS wins.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 19:27
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Yes, that's a rather good way of putting it. She can take a very long term view as well.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 20:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Did you look at any of the vids I posted? These are not effects that happen in a week or two. This is a multi-decade kind of thing. It may be irreversible if things go on as they are, 50 years from now we can be in deep doo doo, lost agricultural lands, coastal cities under water. Even given all that happening, there will still be places on Earth with bad w ...[text shortened]... iera Del Fuego, you are going to have bad winters no matter what happens to the northern climes.
    you seriously need to detect obvious sarcasm
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Nov '14 21:56
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you seriously need to detect obvious sarcasm
    Now you tell meπŸ™‚
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Nov '14 00:121 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Everyone should know that the climate changes every year when it goes from spring to summer to fall to winter. That is supported by the Holy Bible. However, Global Warming is a political and false religious deception of the atheists and evolutionists, IMO. Al Gore used it to gain followers and money after losing the presidential election.
    lol ... with a tear or two.

Yeah , the bible supports the seasons changing, soooo .... the bible and all things in it must be true too. (ok, I know you're not that dumb and I'm just having a dig, but I really dont hear much about climate change- or much of any science in the bible. Not compared to other religious books, say for example the Vedas)
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Nov '14 00:31
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    mother nature will win - well duh. That's like saying we're all going to die.

C'mon big man, I expect better quips from you πŸ™‚
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Nov '14 01:14
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    lol ... with a tear or two.

Yeah , the bible supports the seasons changing, soooo .... the bible and all things in it must be true too. (ok, I know you're not that dumb and I'm just having a dig, but I really dont hear much about climate change- or much of any science in the bible. Not compared to other religious books, say for example the Vedas)
    The Holy Bible has much to say that concerns science. Most people just don't pay much attention to that aspect, but concentrate more on history, morality, and spirituality instead.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Nov '14 02:41
    The Holy Bible has much to say that concerns science. Most people just don't pay much attention to that aspect, but concentrate more on history, morality, and spirituality instead.
    The bible doesn't have much to say about history, morality or
    spirituality so I guess in context it is actually a science book.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Nov '14 02:51
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Could be.
  10. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '14 09:21
    Could be.
    😞
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    22 Nov '14 10:46
    We're setting all sorts of temp records across the whole country for the month of November - oh and in the blue mountains in N.S.W. they had like 40* temperatures and a week later had snow. Like real snow. Sheez.( that was in november too)
    G'day stranger, long time no see
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Nov '14 01:25
    The stuff in the Bible that you purport is "science" is similar to what an ancient sheepherder living 3500 years ago would say to explain the physical world to all the other ancient sheepherders living at that same time.

And yet you insist every single syllable of it is the exact scientific truth, and that we should just accept that as "science" and forget everything man has discovered about the world in the last 3500 years.

Well, I'm glad that you have the luxury of living this way. If I thought like that, I would have died at 23 when I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I thank God that insulin was discovered and finally understood in 1923, a product of REAL science and REAL scientists.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Nov '14 01:27
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Not read much of it, have you?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Nov '14 20:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The stuff in the Bible that you purport is "science" is similar to what an ancient sheepherder living 3500 years ago would say to explain the physical world to all the other ancient sheepherders living at that same time.

And yet you insist every single syllable of it is the exact scientific truth, and that we should just accept that as "science" and forg ...[text shortened]... in was discovered and finally understood in 1923, a product of REAL science and REAL scientists.
    I am not against medical science like blood transfusions and insulin to save lives. So don't confuse me with the JWs. However, I am not convinced that believing in evolution or billions of years of past history had anything to do with that. That could easily be discovered without believing in evolution, billions of years, and global warming. 😏
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 14:42
    mother nature will win - well duh. That's like saying we're all going to die.

C'mon big man, I expect better quips from you πŸ™‚
    Sometimes, for some, the obvious is unseen. πŸ˜‰

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree