1. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 15:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am not against medical science like blood transfusions and insulin to save lives. So don't confuse me with the JWs. However, I am not convinced that believing in evolution or billions of years of past history had anything to do with that. That could easily be discovered without believing in evolution, billions of years, and global warming. 😏
    all I hear is global whingeing & whining.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 17:39
    I am not against medical science like blood transfusions and insulin to save lives. So don't confuse me with the JWs. However, I am not convinced that believing in evolution or billions of years of past history had anything to do with that. That could easily be discovered without believing in evolution, billions of years, and global warming. 😏
    Tell me how a creationist scientist would go from knowing about kinds to DNA?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 22:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Tell me how a creationist scientist would go from knowing about kinds to DNA?
    I suppose like anyone else does.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 23:35
    I suppose like anyone else does.
    How are they going to do that when the basic assumption of evolution is forbidden to be taught if and when (shudder to think) that the Iranization of the US is complete and all evolutionists are told to now be taxi drivers?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Nov '14 05:40
    How are they going to do that when the basic assumption of evolution is forbidden to be taught if and when (shudder to think) that the Iranization of the US is complete and all evolutionists are told to now be taxi drivers?
    At least evolutionists being taxi drivers would be some benefit to society.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Nov '14 10:58
    Your MO is showing. I knew you would LOVE the idea of evolution scientists forced to be taxi drivers. So what is your next oft repeated BS video going to be THIS time?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 06:26
    Your MO is showing. I knew you would LOVE the idea of evolution scientists forced to be taxi drivers. So what is your next oft repeated BS video going to be THIS time?
    Intelligent Design Faults to Evolution

YouTube
  8. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 10:251 edit
    Intelligent Design Faults to Evolution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFNtdM8Ococ
    So many times the same thing has to be explained to creationists. One has to wonder about the intelligence of such creatures.

Irreducable complexity has been successfully refuted in so many instances that it's almost laughable. To say that because we can't give a detailed explanation of every single step in the development of the bacterial flagellum, that therefore it must have been designed, is the argument from ignorance at its most obvious. It has been demonstrated that at least ten parts out of forty have useful properties outside the function of a flagellum. One thing that seems to be completely lacking in creationists understanding of evolution, even though it's there for anyone to see, is that not every change must be immediately useful. It can still piggyride along with other features that are selected for, so long as it's not detrimental to the organism as a whole. So, even if we could never demonstrate how all 40 or so parts have a possible function apart from their function in the flagellum, it's still well within the predictions of evolution that certain parts of an organism can indeed be non-functional (vestigial structures), and we have observed as much.* There's no reason to think that a vestigial structure can't be useful in future adaptations, in combination with new features, thus creating a more complex system in gradual steps.

What's all this got to do with global warming, anyway?

* http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestigiality
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 10:32
    What do you think Evolutionary Scientists currently do?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Nov '14 05:401 edit
    Originally posted by C Hess
    So many times the same thing has to be explained to creationists. One has to wonder about the intelligence of such creatures.

Irreducable complexity has been successfully refuted in so many instances that it's almost laughable. To say that because we can't give a detailed explanation of every single step in the development of the bacterial flagellum, that ...[text shortened]... all this got to do with global warming, anyway?

* http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestigiality
    We do not accept your arguments from ignorance. We are still waiting for you to gain knowledge to overcome ignorance. 😏

The global warming scare is an example of ignorance or a lack of knowledge.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Nov '14 16:25
    We do not accept your arguments from ignorance. We are still waiting for you to gain knowledge to overcome ignorance. 😏

The global warming scare is an example of ignorance or a lack of knowledge.
    You will wait a long time, perhaps till the time you start seeing super hurricanes and the coastal cities drowned because of the rising sea. It's amazing how you can ignore obvious evidence when it doesn't coincide with your bible.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Nov '14 00:27
    You will wait a long time, perhaps till the time you start seeing super hurricanes and the coastal cities drowned because of the rising sea. It's amazing how you can ignore obvious evidence when it doesn't coincide with your bible.
    Weather Channel Founder DESTROYS Global Warming Mythology

YouTube
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Dec '14 01:08
    Weather Channel Founder DESTROYS Global Warming Mythology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAWbRWlSlpk
    Refuted by this:

http://ossfoundation.us/projects/environment/global-warming/human-caused
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Dec '14 08:34
    Refuted by this:

http://ossfoundation.us/projects/environment/global-warming/human-caused
    This just states a different opinion. This does not refute it. 😏
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Dec '14 11:30
    This just states a different opinion. This does not refute it. 😏
    Oh, I see. The missing glaciers is just an opinion, the oceans getting more acetic is just opinion. Your BRAIN is just an opinion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree