@ Robbie & Galveston: Merry Christmas

@ Robbie & Galveston: Merry Christmas

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Jan 13

Originally posted by divegeester
You see Galveston, I'm not (as you very well know) suggesting that you personally observe the Christmas in secret; what I am asking is if the boundaries are for you, black and white, if you enjoy season without indulging the meaning, if you partake of the opportunity to bring a little (albeit controlled) festive excitement into the hearts of your Childre ...[text shortened]... ess from a distant orbit.

You know what I mean; pretending not to just distances us further.
The Bible states that a "little leven furments the whole lump" and also ask "what does light have to do with darkness" and also says "not to touch the unclean thing". All these quotes and suggestions have to do with ones spiritual cleanliness.
The bible condemns adultry and not just he physical kind but also the mental and spiritual kind.
If one knowingly commits spiritual adultry and lets themselves be involved with pagan or demonic observances it is a dangerous thing.
We can see the result of that all around us now with so many being involved in these holidays either unknowingly and even worse knowingly that they are wrong and not only does the bible not support them but even condemns them.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Jan 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Your good natured forbearance astounds me.
Lol. Believe me it gets pushed to the limit at times.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Jan 13

I resent you using the term "badgering" and I see through your game playing once again.
Badgering: To ask (someone) repeatedly and annoyingly for something; pester:
"they badgered him about the deals". (Merriam-Webster, The Free Dictionary)

Badgering: "The act of asking someone to do something repeatedly, and therefore
annoying them greatly." (Urban Dictionary)

There's no game; there's human conversation in progress. Unlike games,

there are few if any written rules. Courtesy and Good Taste rule the day.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Jan 13

I resent you using the term "badgering" and I see through your game playing once again.
He is not the only one to see the badgering that does exist here. Many have agreed that it is real.
Nothing we can do to correct that and I guess we have to live with it as it seems thatterm is really not understood. Oh well....

ENGLAND

Moves
04 Jan 13

Originally posted by galveston75
He is not the only one to see the badgering that does exist here. Many have agreed that it is real. Nothing we can do to correct that and I guess we have to live with it as it seems thatterm is really not understood. Oh well....
"Oh well..."

When you say "many" would you like to name my accusers?

(GB and RC excepted of course)

ENGLAND

Moves
04 Jan 13

The Bible states that a "little leven furments the whole lump" and also ask "what does light have to do with darkness" and also says "not to touch the unclean thing". All these quotes and suggestions have to do with ones spiritual cleanliness.
The bible condemns adultry and not just he physical kind but also the mental and spiritual kind.
If one know ...[text shortened]... y that they are wrong and not only does the bible not support them but even condemns them.
But Galveston I'm not asking you what the Bible states I'm asking you if you treat the days (in terms of your activities and social calendar) over the Christmas period in any way different to the ones in the rest of the year? It's a simple question.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Jan 13

But Galveston I'm not asking you what the Bible states I'm asking you if you treat the days (in terms of your activities and social calendar) over the Christmas period in any way different to the ones in the rest of the year? It's a simple question.
"All I can answer you is what I did and what I think the rest of my family did. I have no idea what any of the other JW's did as I did not see any that day. As far as myself I slept in, and worked on my car. That's about it. Sorry if that is boring but there ya go." (Galveston75, thread page four)

ENGLAND

Moves
05 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"All I can answer you is what I did and what I think the rest of my family did. I have no idea what any of the other JW's did as I did not see any that day. As far as myself I slept in, and worked on my car. That's about it. Sorry if that is boring but there ya go." (Galveston75, thread page four)
I'm not asking for detail; I'm asking (as always) for a yes or no to my question.

Thanks for you help though.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Jan 13
3 edits

You are not reading my post. It seems to happen quite often with you. From my previous answer to you on the previous page: "They are days just like any other day on the calendar to us. So that would suggest that we do what we normally do everyday of the year on those days."

Please read my answers so I don't have to repeat them.

If you want a yes or no answer, ask for that. If I feel that type of answer will answer your questions fairly, you will get that. If I feel it is not fair I will answer you in a way I feel I should to get the point accross.

Deal?

ENGLAND

Moves
05 Jan 13
1 edit

You are not reading my post. It seems to happen quiote often with you. From my previous answer to you on the previous page: "They are days just like any other day on the calendar to us. So that would suggest that we do what we normally do everyday of the year on those days."

Please read my answers so I don't have to repeat them.
I hear you, really.

Let me ask you a specific question though; on Dec 25th did you have family over lunch/diner? Or did you go to a friends/family for lunch/diner?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Jan 13
1 edit

I hear you, really.

Let me ask you a specific question though; on Dec 25th did you have family over lunch/diner? Or did you go to a friends/family for lunch/diner?
Why does that matter to you? What are you after as this seems to be getting weird?

F

Moves
05 Jan 13

All one has to do is do a simple little research on the web and see where Christmas came from.
Also there are only 2 birthdays mentioned in the Bible and on both they were observed by ones who did not worship God but were paganistic in their beliefs and on both occasions a true worshiper of God was executed.

So does that in itself condemn Chrsitmas or birthdays?
How can that be said to "condemn" Christmas? Christmas is not a "pagan observance" for Christians. If it is seen as pagan by pagans, so what? It is a celebration of Christ's birth. You have claimed that its observance is condemned by the bible and when asked to show where, you cannot do so.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF
How can that be said to "condemn" Christmas? Christmas is not a "pagan observance" for Christians. If it is seen as pagan by pagans, so what? It is a celebration of Christ's birth. You have claimed that its observance is condemned by the bible and when asked to show where, you cannot do so.
Truth and lies have nothing in common. One cannot proclaim to be a truthful Christian when it comes to their worship of God while praticing a false belief and pretty much a lie. Christmas has nothing what so ever to do with Jesus or his birth. It is only man that has made this up from a pagan belief and craftedly added Jesus into the mix.
The truth cannot be watered down and filled with lies. God means nothing to you but it does to many and there are ones who want to do this in a truthful and unhypocritical way.

F

Moves
05 Jan 13

Christmas has nothing what so ever to do with Jesus or his birth. It is only man that has made this up from a pagan belief and craftedly added Jesus into the mix. The truth cannot be watered down and filled with lies.
Christmas commemorates the birth of Jesus and is celebrated by almost every Christian in the world. These Christians are not pagans. The birth of Jesus was not "made up from a pagan belief". Christians who celebrate Christmas are not "liars". You said that the Bible condemned Christmas, but when called on to provide a citation, you cannot.

F

Moves
05 Jan 13

God means nothing to you but it does to many and there are ones who want to do this in a truthful and unhypocritical way.
Your version of "God" is not one I subscribe to, it's true, but my family and friends are followers of Jesus who commemorate his birth every year and you are accusing them of being liars and of carrying out pagan observances. This appears to be an unsubstantiated claim even in the context of your own terms of reference because you have been unwilling to back it up with a bible citation. You said commemorating the birth of Jesus is condemned in the bible. Where's the quote?