1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86320
    28 Dec '12 12:38
    Hope you had a good time with the family round the tree, at Christmas diner and are enjoying the seasonal festivities to the full.

    Alternatively; what are you doing over this Christmas period?
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    28 Dec '12 13:10
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Hope you had a good time with the family round the tree, at Christmas diner and are enjoying the seasonal festivities to the full.

    Alternatively; what are you doing over this Christmas period?
    Blessed are the children of the Ori.
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    28 Dec '12 13:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Hope you had a good time with the family round the tree, at Christmas diner and are enjoying the seasonal festivities to the full.

    Alternatively; what are you doing over this Christmas period?
    As the polyglot and philosopher Guglius Vertendumque once said:

    SI HOMINIS ROTARUM EXPEDIENT EJUS SUPERBIA FACIT EUM TACITA
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86320
    28 Dec '12 13:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    As the polyglot and philosopher Guglius Vertendumque once said:

    SI HOMINIS ROTARUM EXPEDIENT EJUS SUPERBIA FACIT EUM TACITA
    😵
  5. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    28 Dec '12 14:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Hope you had a good time with the family round the tree, at Christmas diner and are enjoying the seasonal festivities to the full.

    Alternatively; what are you doing over this Christmas period?
    Personally I'll be breathing, walking, maybe a little standing and then eating food and hopefully getting some so so sleep if my back and bladder will let me.
    I have new radio to install in my truck and will unwillingly will take the dog out to let him do his stuff and will probably get wet as we do live in Vancouver.
    And finally make moves here at RHP and answer questions from you fine fellows. 🙂
  6. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    28 Dec '12 14:08
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Personally I'll be breathing, walking, maybe a little standing and then eating food and hopefully getting some so so sleep if my back and bladder will let me.
    I have new radio to install in my truck and will unwillingly will take the dog out to let him do his stuff and will probably get wet as we do live in Vancouver.
    And finally make moves here at RHP and answer questions from you fine fellows. 🙂
    Do you engage in a bit of Christmas spirit with those of your family and friends who celebrate it?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    28 Dec '12 19:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    As the polyglot and philosopher Guglius Vertendumque once said:

    SI HOMINIS ROTARUM EXPEDIENT EJUS SUPERBIA FACIT EUM TACITA
    I am glad he only said it once. 😏
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    28 Dec '12 19:20
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Personally I'll be breathing, walking, maybe a little standing and then eating food and hopefully getting some so so sleep if my back and bladder will let me.
    I have new radio to install in my truck and will unwillingly will take the dog out to let him do his stuff and will probably get wet as we do live in Vancouver.
    And finally make moves here at RHP and answer questions from you fine fellows. 🙂
    Well, you can still enjoy looking at the Christmas lights and decorations. 😏
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86320
    28 Dec '12 22:49
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Personally I'll be breathing, walking, maybe a little standing and then eating food and hopefully getting some so so sleep if my back and bladder will let me.
    I have new radio to install in my truck and will unwillingly will take the dog out to let him do his stuff and will probably get wet as we do live in Vancouver.
    And finally make moves here at RHP and answer questions from you fine fellows. 🙂
    Do you enjoy the time off work by doing anything a little different in any way?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    29 Dec '12 00:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    As the polyglot and philosopher Guglius Vertendumque once said:

    SI HOMINIS ROTARUM EXPEDIENT EJUS SUPERBIA FACIT EUM TACITA
    Was he screaming when he said it?
  11. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    29 Dec '12 00:50
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Was he screaming when he said it?
    No, it was carved into a stone with a square ended chisel.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86320
    31 Dec '12 07:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Do you enjoy the time off work by doing anything a little different in any way?
    Bump for Galveston (or robbie carrobie)
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86320
    01 Jan '13 11:24
    OK so you are both refusing to discuss whether you indulge in any Christmas-like festivities; a bit revealing I can surmise 😉

    What about New Year celebrations or activities, do you (are you permitted to) get together with friends and family to see the new year in?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    02 Jan '13 01:19
    Originally posted by divegeester

    OK so you are both refusing to discuss whether you indulge in any Christmas-like festivities; a bit revealing I can surmise 😉

    What about New Year celebrations or activities, do you (are you permitted to) get together with friends and family to see the new year in?
    Maybe they regard their holiday related activities as private and personal.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86320
    02 Jan '13 07:221 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Maybe they regard their holiday related activities as private and personal.
    I think it's a fair question.

    Jehovah's Witnesses are not supposed celebrate Christmas, however it is my understanding that some secretly do, to a greater or lesser extent. For example some will get together at home and have a (nondescript) festive meal, whilst others may go away and celebrate the season in a more full on manner (without actually recognising the event as"Christmas). I doubt very much that Galveston and robbie carobbie simply walk through each day of Christmas without so much as a mince pie or a gift for their children.
Back to Top