@ vishvahetu

@ vishvahetu

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Feb 11
3 edits

Originally posted by vishvahetu
It was wonderful to read your post, and to think it wasn't me who presented it.

Still .....I am not a Hindu, and why would I say I am not, if I were?

What would I gain by denying it?.....and besides I am honest..... so if I say I am not, then I am not.

Are we done now.
What is the name of your religion? It is clearly Vedic influenced. I see an author Stephen Knapp wrote this, which may be part of the explanation of your bias against christianity:

"We also have to remember that for many years the Vedic literature was written on palm leaves and would have to be copied when they wore out or when other copies were wanted. Down through the years, as other copies were repeatedly made, certain conventional modifications of the script would have taken place, making some scholars think their origin was more recent. But in the case of the Bhagavata Purana, the Sanskrit text still contains the archaic form of writing, verifying its antiquity. Nonetheless, the English scholars said the author of the Purana must have purposely used the archaic script to make people think it was older than it was. The fact that the English proposed this sort of theory in an attempt to disqualify its ancient origins simply shows how biased they were against the Vedic literature.

This cultural prejudice was the result of deliberate undermining with the disguised intention of asserting the superiority of their own Christian-based values and outlook, as well as the perpetuation of colonial rule. This intention actually played a prominent role in the reason why they wanted the Sanskrit texts translated into English and to have their Christian scripture translated into Sanskrit. And many of the notable professors at the time had the audacity to consider themselves to be better authorities on their questionable translations of the Vedas than the Indian scholars.

In any case, the attempt to belittle the Vedic literature made only a minor impact. In fact, by translating such texts, many of the notable writers and poets in the West, as mentioned in the previous chapter, were allowed to see what lofty views of the world the Vedic literature held and were indeed very impressed and influenced by them."

Christianity has certainly killed a lot of cultures and actively tried to prove its superiority in many parts of the world, to my mind proving it to be another false religion, one of many in fact. All you have to do is look at what the priests did to the Aztec culture and many others.

I think you have a subconscious bias against christianity because of their attacks on Vedic literature in the 17 and 1800's. You have a subconscious ax to grind on this issue. That is why you attack other religions as false and dishonest, which BTW I also regard them the same.

However, in all honesty, I also view Vedic literature in the same light. I don't think ANYONE has the slightest inkling of what a real god would be like and probably would not recognize one if one ran smack into such a god.

That said, I don't think there is any such god and certainly one that gives a crappola about mankind or the planet Earth.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
06 Feb 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
People have different belief systems, vishvahetu. As for why many posters "reject" yours, I would suggest that your suffocating vanity and insulting attitude are partly to blame.
Because of dishonest and insincerity and also lust, people accept and teach falsity.

*What persons believe is their own business*........but when they teach their nonsense to the young generation, I will step in and confront their falsity.

Will you also join me in this, so we can both expose the falsity and give the young people a chance to hear the truth.

Which side are you on?........ support truth or support falsity.

F

Moves
06 Feb 11
1 edit

Because of dishonest and insincerity and also lust, people accept and teach falsity.

*What persons believe is their own business*........but when they teach their nonsense to the young generation, I will step in and confront their falsity.

Will you also join me also in this, so we can both expose the falsity and give the young people a chance to hear the truth.

Which side are you on?........ support truth or support falsity.
You are misusing the words "dishonest" and "insincerity", vishvahetu. You cannot be engaged in genuine discussion about spiritual matters until you put your vanity to one side, accept that there are numerous belief systems held by members of this community, and have the common decency to use vocabulary in conventional ways and not simply as a means to insult people merely on the basis of your own certitude.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
06 Feb 11

Originally posted by FMF
You are misusing the words "dishonest" and "insincerity", vishvahetu. You cannot be engaged in genuine discussion about spiritual matters until you put your vanity to one side, accept that there are numerous belief systems held by members of this community, and have the common decency to use vocabulary in conventional ways and not simply as a means to insult people merely on the basis of your own certitude.
You are certainly a mysterious person, popping in and out of the threads telling me that I am using this word wrongly and that word wrongly.

Has it ever occurred to you that I am the only one using those words correctly, and others are not.

I am using these words in a different dimensional way than you are reading them.

My perspective is not your perspective.

I have a faculty called insight, that affords me to see things that others cannot.

I did not always have this, but it comes with living the spiritual life, and anyone who also lives the spiritual life shall receive it.

Therefore my use of words are perfectly placed when you can understand from my perspective.

Vanity has nothing to do with it, and why on earth would you mention it.....

You see when persons loudly put forward their falsity, I must also step up and loudly present the truth.

Do you take this forceful presentation of truth as vanity.....then you have also been the victim of exposer.

F

Moves
06 Feb 11

Vanity has nothing to do with it, and why on earth would you mention it...
Perhaps you do not understand the word "vanity" in its conventional sense. Your last post demonstrates "vanity" almost perfectly.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
06 Feb 11
1 edit

You are certainly a mysterious person, popping in and out of the threads telling me that I am using this word wrongly and that word wrongly.

Has it ever occurred to you that I am the only one using those words correctly, and others are not.

I am using these words in a different dimensional way than you are reading them.

My perspective is not your ...[text shortened]... this forceful presentation of truth as vanity.....then you have also been the victim of exposer.
Therefore my use of words are perfectly placed when you can understand from my perspective.
Thing is vishvahetu, we don't understand your (or from your) perspective and given the way you address people it's doubtful 'we' ever will.
We often take words to mean what dictionaries say they mean as opposed to predicting what is meant by them on behalf of someone else.

No definitions of "Dishonest" I'm aware of (other than yours) include *failing to believe what vishvahetu asserts*.

F

Moves
06 Feb 11

Nothing mysterious going on. When you start using the words correctly, then perhaps some genuine discussion can begin.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Feb 11

Originally posted by FMF
Nothing mysterious going on. When you start using the words correctly, then perhaps some genuine discussion can begin.
Dude, before you change your avatar again, is that Johnny Knoxville? (Jackass fame)

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
06 Feb 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
What is the name of your religion? It is clearly Vedic influenced. I see an author Stephen Knapp wrote this, which may be part of the explanation of your bias against christianity:

"We also have to remember that for many years the Vedic literature was written on palm leaves and would have to be copied when they wore out or when other copies were w ...[text shortened]... is any such god and certainly one that gives a crappola about mankind or the planet Earth.
I can understand that in your life, you have probably investigated Christianity and other religions, to see what they are presenting, and I am sure you are disappointed with their offerings.

Now until you have genuinely researched Vedanta Sutra by Srila Vyasadeva, and I mean practice its teachings for some time and study its conclusions......then you must reserve judgement that their is no God or true religion.

To band together Vedanta and substitute religion is not acceptable.

Thankyou for posting up some history of Vedanta Sutra, and it was good to read that, and I am aware that Christian scholars and also secular scholars have always been envious of the Vedic presentations, and have always tried to discredit its teachings and authenticy.

But I am not bitter because of that, and I am simply exposing the falsity presented in this forum for the benefit of anyone who cares, because before truth can be received the error must be removed so as not to have conflict of understanding.

It does seem that I focusing on the Christians, but that is because there are really only Christians posting in this forum, and if there were Muslims posting here as well, then I would be exposing their falsity also.

Have I not...... exposed the teachings of false science as well.

The path of spirituality I accept is Vaisnavism and that would make me a Vaisnava.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Feb 11

I can understand that in your life, you have probably investigated Christianity and other religions, to see what they are presenting, and I am sure you are disappointed with their offerings.

Now until you have genuinely researched Vedanta Sutra by Srila Vyasadeva, and I mean practice its teachings for some time and study its conclusions......then you m ...[text shortened]... e as well.

The path of spirituality I accept is Vaisnavism and that would make me a Vaisnava.
Do you want me to start a separate thread about humour?

I'm suss on anyone that cant have a laugh, especially about spirtuality, and especially about themselves.

I would go so far as to say that you cant be "spiritual" without humour.

Though you are who you are. Perhaps you might want to tell us a bit about yourself in the "Know thyself" thread? what could you lose?

the beauty of this forum is that anyone may come in. Like FMF or Finnegan and give us a bit of a shake up. Its a good thing, no?

Here... just for you😀🙂😉😀😛😉😀🙂😉

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Feb 11

Now until you have genuinely researched Vedanta Sutra by Srila Vyasadeva, and I mean practice its teachings for some time and study its conclusions......then you m ...[text shortened]... e as well.

Here is a piece of a Wiki about this:

"The followers of Vaishnavism are referred to as Vaishnava(s) or Vaishnavites. A large percentage of Hindus are Vaishnavas,[8] with the vast majority living in India. Awareness, recognition, and growth of the belief has significantly increased outside of India in recent years. The Gaudiya Vaishnava branch[9] of the tradition has significantly increased the awareness of Vaishnavism internationally, since the mid-1900s, largely through the activities and geographical expansion of the Hare Krishna movement, primarily through ISKCON and more recently, through several other Vaishnava organizations conducting preaching activities in the West.[10] It is, along with Shaivism, Shaktism and Smartism, one of the four primary schools of Hinduism."

It says Vaishnava is one of the 4 primary schools of Hinduism. Why don't you then call yourself Hindu?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Feb 11

"The followers of Vaishnavism are referred to as Vaishnava(s) or Vaishnavites. A large percentage of Hindus are Vaishnavas,[8] with the vast majority living in India. Awareness, recognition, and growth of the belief has significantly increased outside of India in recent years. The Gaudiya Vaishnava branch[9] of the t ...[text shortened]... aishnava is one of the 4 primary schools of Hinduism. Why don't you then call yourself Hindu?
Because Hindus are the "others".
Perhaps too plain, too ... you know... everyday

But , sorry vishy. You answer.

(Thnx for the wiki links as usual ,sonhouse. If I had more cred on this dam thing, I'd get around to more of your science links, but alas, life is what it is, and I have to make do with your and others' inflections.)

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
06 Feb 11

"The followers of Vaishnavism are referred to as Vaishnava(s) or Vaishnavites. A large percentage of Hindus are Vaishnavas,[8] with the vast majority living in India. Awareness, recognition, and growth of the belief has significantly increased outside of India in recent years. The Gaudiya Vaishnava branch[9] of the t ...[text shortened]... aishnava is one of the 4 primary schools of Hinduism. Why don't you then call yourself Hindu?
First mistake is your taking your knowledge of Vedanta from wiki.....dont do it.

If you do the following, you will understand why I am not a Hindu....

Study Hinduism to find out what it is and then....

Study Vaisnavism to find out what it is and .....

then you will know why I am not a Hindu.

Now when you do this, do not go to wiki....but go to Vedanta Sutra by Srila Vyasadeva or go to Veda Vedanta by Hare Krsna

There are 400 translations of Bhagavad Gita and only one is authorized, so this tells us when looking for correct information about Vedanta, that one must search in the authorized places.

There are hundreds of unauthorized web site about Vedanta, so good luck in your research.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
06 Feb 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Do you want me to start a separate thread about humour?

I'm suss on anyone that cant have a laugh, especially about spirtuality, and especially about themselves.

I would go so far as to say that you cant be "spiritual" without humour.

Though you are who you are. Perhaps you might want to tell us a bit about yourself in the "Know thyself" thread ...[text shortened]... ive us a bit of a shake up. Its a good thing, no?

Here... just for you😀🙂😉😀😛😉😀🙂😉
There is false humour and authentic humour, and I do not subscribe to false humour.

Presenting falsity in science and religion is misdirecting the whole world into ignorance, and I do not find this humorous

Did you know that a fool when exposed often resorts to humour, to lighten up his predicament.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Feb 11

First mistake is your taking your knowledge of Vedanta from wiki.....dont do it.

If you do the following, you will understand why I am not a Hindu....

Study Hinduism to find out what it is and then....

Study Vaisnavism to find out what it is and .....

then you will know why I am not a Hindu.

Now when you do this, do not go to wiki....but go ...[text shortened]... es.

There are hundreds of unauthorized web site about Vedanta, so good luck in your research.
"authorized' by whom? When you say that, it makes it sound like just another version of human hierarchy raising its ugly head, making some human the link between him or her and some god or other. Just why do you think we should see that as just another man made religion, even if it is 2 times or 20 times older than christianity?
A real god would just speak to each and every human individually, not needing another human to be the master link in some godly hierarchy.