1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 16:41
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    why doesn't the old testament not once mention the existence of dinosaurs..?
    I think the old testiment contains more mistakes than just the dino-slip-up.

Take Moses for example. He comes walking down the hill saying: "I had a 1 to 1 with God and he's given me 10 laws to hand out to you."
    And not one person stuck his hand up and said: "Lay off the mushrooms Moses."
    See. It doesn't make sense.

Or whatabout the arc? What's going on there then? 2 of EVERY animal on board? Which means enough food to support them as well?
    It could just be me, but it seems very fishy to me.
  2. Playing with matches
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 20:11
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    why doesn't the old testament not once mention the existence of dinosaurs..?
    Dinosaurs never actually existed. They were Godgineered into the timeline of the planet to allow for a plausible explanation for the existence of oil. God has designed humans with a built in desire to find answers to everything. Obviously, by our understanding of Chemistry, nothing can just appear and there has to be some explanation for the existence of the oil that has become so important to our society. God planned this out when he was making the planet 6000 years ago. This is further supported by the fact that a significant amount of oil can be found right next to the Holy Land, which, by proximity makes oil Holy.
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 20:15
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I don't know that dinosuars ruled the earth for 150 million years or 150 years. I know what the theories of men believe.

Do we really know how long dinosuars lived on the earth?
    Touche!

You've got them on the ropes now jaywill! Put the finishing move on them... I'm thinking this is an excellent time to throw in a bible quote to smite the unbelievers.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 20:15
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Dinosaurs never actually existed. They were Godgineered into the timeline of the planet to allow for a plausible explanation for the existence of oil. God has designed humans with a built in desire to find answers to everything. Obviously, by our understanding of Chemistry, nothing can just appear and there has to be some explanation for the existe ...[text shortened]... cant amount of oil can be found right next to the Holy Land, which, by proximity makes oil Holy.
    :-) Perfect answer.
  5. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 21:051 edit
    i feel the christians are just skipping round the question... science estimates the dinosaurs walked the earth for 150 million years and we know they existed before man... the ot states god created the earth then man without any talk of the dinosaurs? dont you think there should have been but a little mention of it... i think 150 million years warrants an entry in its writings... the truth is it's a flaw and most people know it... the timeline of science and the timeline of religion just do not match... yet science supplies up with proof, or maybe satan himself put the dinosaur bones there for science to find so as to deceive us... go on, i'm waiting for it!
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 01:50
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Touche!

You've got them on the ropes now jaywill! Put the finishing move on them... I'm thinking this is an excellent time to throw in a bible quote to smite the unbelievers.
    I don't like to use the Bible to knock people out. I like to use the Bible to impart Spirit and life to them to nourish their spirit and enlighten them to the love of God.

You should try coming to the Bible for spiritual food and nourishment some night. Instead of looking for bones to choke on, muse on passages which supply you with grace and love.

Try it sometime. Take the a few Psalms of David in first thing in the morning for a week. You'll be a happier person.
  7. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 01:59
    I don't like to use the Bible to knock people out. I like to use the Bible to impart Spirit and life to them to nourish their spirit and enlighten them to the love of God.

You should try coming to the Bible for spiritual food and nourishment some night. Instead of looking for bones to choke on, muse on passages which supply you with grace and love.

...[text shortened]... he a few Psalms of David in first thing in the morning for a week. You'll be a happier person.
    Why limit yourself to stuff that frankly isn't that good?
    There are plenty of other, better works to inspire and enlighten ...
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 02:022 edits
    Originally posted by amannion
    Why limit yourself to stuff that frankly isn't that good?
    There are plenty of other, better works to inspire and enlighten ...
    The Bible conveys that which is needed to accomplish God's eternal purpose. Since everything else will pass away I prefer to give myself to the things that are eternal.
  9. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 02:04
    The Bible conveys that which is needed to accomplish God's eternal purpose. Since everything else will pass away I prefer to give myself to the things that are eternal.
    Fair enough, but when you've gotten over yourself a bit, you might come to understand that there are many who disagree and who find their meaning/enlightenment in other places.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 02:132 edits
    Fair enough, but when you've gotten over yourself a bit, you might come to understand that there are many who disagree and who find their meaning/enlightenment in other places.
    I am writing chiefly for the people who hear the Holy Spirit of Christ and turn their hearts toward Him.

I am not here forbidding others to write about other things. There are quite a few discussions that I stay out of which are expounding other concepts.
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 02:17
    The Old Covenant wasn't eternal. I suppose you skip that part?
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 02:26
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    The Old Covenant wasn't eternal. I suppose you skip that part?
    He said nothing of the Old Covenant. He spoke of God's eternal purpose, that of blessing His creation.
  13. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 02:26
    I am writing chiefly for the people who hear the Holy Spirit of Christ and turn their hearts toward Him.

I am not here forbidding others to write about other things. There are quite a few discussions that I stay out of which are expounding other concepts.
    I must be deaf.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 02:28
    I must be deaf.
    The less we speak, the more we hear.
  15. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 02:58
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The less we speak, the more we hear.
    Okay.

But.

I'm trying.

Not.

To say much now.

And yet.

I still hear nothing.

And speaking of which. You don't ever seem to shutup either ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree