1. Joined
    06 Feb '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 03:23
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    why doesn't the old testament not once mention the existence of dinosaurs..?
    God didnt created dinosaurs thats y he destroyed them . the fallen angels are the one who created those animals and those half human half horse and the beast...
  2. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 03:52
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I think the old testiment contains more mistakes than just the dino-slip-up.

Take Moses for example. He comes walking down the hill saying: "I had a 1 to 1 with God and he's given me 10 laws to hand out to you."
    And not one person stuck his hand up and said: "Lay off the mushrooms Moses."
    See. It doesn't make sense.
    Ya got that one wrong. Moses came down the hill, called for those on god's side to come toward him, then ordered the rebellious ones (three thousand) slain.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 05:01
    Originally posted by xlacir
    God didnt created dinosaurs thats y he destroyed them . the fallen angels are the one who created those animals and those half human half horse and the beast...
    Was half your brain also created by fallen angels?
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 05:07
    Holy Christ. Do you really believe that fallen angels created dinosaurs, and that centaurs are actual creatures that existed on earth?
  5. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 05:111 edit
    Originally posted by amannion
    Oh for God's sake, can we get past this once and for all.
    The Old Testament doesn't mention these things because it is NOT a history text. It is NOT a history of the universe in 10 easy steps.
    Exactly, it is a tome written by man to boost his own ego, degrade women (almost blatantly naming them as second class citizens) and secure man's place as a supreme creature. It is a tome whose origin is over 5000 years old and was written to explain a time when so very very VERY little of the world was understood. Hell, the writers of the tome did not even know the world was round, how would you expect them to know about dinosaurs?

It was written to justify man's actions and make him feel comfortable with all that he had.

The Old Testament justifies slavery.

The Old Testament justifies the beating of women.

The Old Testament even justifies the killing of thousands of first born children, by the hands of the very God they worship.
    Not only that, they justify the killing of thousands of lambs to mark their own doors with blood so they, themselves, can be saved from this wrathful and vengful God - I am curious though...if God is, well...GOD, then why would you need to mark your door so He, the All-knowing and All-mighty, knew not to slay your child?

EDIT - P.S. - DocScrib...the fro is rockin!
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 05:14
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    P.S. - DocScrib...the fro is rockin!
    Yo, I'm just keepin' it real.
  7. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 11:20
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    Exactly, it is a tome written by man to boost his own ego, degrade women (almost blatantly naming them as second class citizens) and secure man's place as a supreme creature...
    you know, i know many people who beleive paul was a feminist for his time. nowadays what he said seem a blatant atempt to push women further into the ground. but 2000 years ago, they were radical staments!
  8. London
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 14:40
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    why doesn't the old testament not once mention the existence of dinosaurs..?
    Because they're not really relevant to the question of who we are and how we can be saved.
  9. Playing with matches
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 14:48
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I don't like to use the Bible to knock people out. I like to use the Bible to impart Spirit and life to them to nourish their spirit and enlighten them to the love of God.

You should try coming to the Bible for spiritual food and nourishment some night. Instead of looking for bones to choke on, muse on passages which supply you with grace and love.

...[text shortened]... he a few Psalms of David in first thing in the morning for a week. You'll be a happier person.
    What makes you think I haven't done this already? My faith has dwindled and sputtered for various reasons over many years.
  10. Playing with matches
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 14:50
    Ok, so we have fossil records of dinosaurs... where are the half human/half horse fossils?
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 14:58
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Because they're not really relevant to the question of who we are and how we can be saved.
    But the dimensions of the Ark are crucial for our salvation.
  12. London
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 15:09
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    But the dimensions of the Ark are crucial for our salvation.
    "Crucial"? No.

"Relevant"? In the context of oral transmission of traditions, I'd say yes.
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 15:17
    "Crucial"? No.

OK. Why?
  14. London
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 15:511 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    OK. Why?
    What's the difference between saying "Agamemnon launched 1000 ships against Troy" and "Agamemnon launched a lot of ships against Troy"?

EDIT: Details work well in oral tradition; "setting the atmosphere" -- so to speak.
  15. Playing with matches
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 18:18
    "Crucial"? No.

I still want to know what killed of the cenataurs and why there aren't any fossil records.

Secondly, I'd really like to know why people lived so long in the old testament. Finally, why where incestuous condoned in the OT? Was it OK to lie with your sister if you were planning on sacrificing her children later on?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree