a boring saturday

a boring saturday

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
16 Dec 07

for some people, they learn by reading, i learn with auditory. i have been watching videos and debates attempting to prove god's existence, god's non-existence, and evolution, the big bang etc. i have found that anybody can make anything LOOK true; it is very easy to make somebody believe in something by using an extremely large amount of bias. i believe everyone should balance their reading between atheists, theists, and agnostics in such a way that they do not succumb to the belief of something that is made to look true. i am only saying this because i know a lot of people here who have read one too many atheist articles, and people who have read one too many bibles.

Cape Town

Moves
16 Dec 07

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
for some people, they learn by reading, i learn with auditory. i have been watching videos and debates attempting to prove god's existence, god's non-existence, and evolution, the big bang etc. i have found that anybody can make anything LOOK true; it is very easy to make somebody believe in something by using an extremely large amount of bias. i belie ...[text shortened]... ere who have read one too many atheist articles, and people who have read one too many bibles.
Not everyone is so easily convinced by persuasive speakers. I for example am often very sceptical about scientific articles even though I am a strong believer in the scientific process. I often see the effects of hopeful guesswork or political influence in what at first reading appears to be sound scientific conclusions.
As for atheistic articles, the only one I have knowingly read is "The God delusion" and that was due to the fact that it kept getting mentioned by theists on this forum. I readily admit that it changed my views on whether religion should be left alone to flourish or whether it should be actively discouraged. The writer put forward some very good arguments that religion should be actively discouraged and I now fully agree.

E

Moves
16 Dec 07

Originally posted by twhitehead
Not everyone is so easily convinced by persuasive speakers. I for example am often very sceptical about scientific articles even though I am a strong believer in the scientific process. I often see the effects of hopeful guesswork or political influence in what at first reading appears to be sound scientific conclusions.
As for atheistic articles, the on ...[text shortened]... d some very good arguments that religion should be actively discouraged and I now fully agree.
maybe you should read an article that counteracts that one; also, i am not a fan of religion, but i have no problem w/ theism; the practice is what is questionable to me

Cape Town

Moves
16 Dec 07

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
maybe you should read an article that counteracts that one; also, i am not a fan of religion, but i have no problem w/ theism; the practice is what is questionable to me
I would have no problem with reading such an article. The reason however I support the idea is because it makes sense to me and not because the writer was a persuasive speaker or anything like that.

s

England

Moves
19 Dec 07

when electing a goverment do you allways agree with all thier policies? The debate in your post mean you should question everything i agree, but at some point you have to go with one or the other, At present there is more questions than answers, in both camps, even amonst themselves.

E

Moves
19 Dec 07

Originally posted by stoker
when electing a goverment do you allways agree with all thier policies? The debate in your post mean you should question everything i agree, but at some point you have to go with one or the other, At present there is more questions than answers, in both camps, even amonst themselves.
i believe the smartest person would not take a side in the issue.