1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    19 Apr '05 13:03
    I found this piece by Ralph Wood called "In Defense of Disbelief" and I think he makes some good points. Here is a brief exurpt.

"A healthy dose of Christian disbelief or "holy skepticism" would serve as a much needed antidote to the soft-core spirituality that saps much of contemporary Christianity, especially in its evangelical expression. An anti-doctrinal sentimentality often rules the worship and art of our churches, where self-serving emotions are exalted over true mystery. The church of our time needs a theology that repudiates all saccharine substitutes for the hard thinking that Christian faith requires."

All I can say is "amen."
  2. London
    Moves
    19 Apr '05 13:04
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I found this piece by Ralph Wood called "In Defense of Disbelief" and I think he makes some good points. Here is a brief exurpt.

"A healthy dose of Christian disbelief or "holy skepticism" would serve as a much needed antidote to the soft-core spirituality that saps much of contemporary Christianity, especially in its evangelical expression. An ...[text shortened]... substitutes for the hard thinking that Christian faith requires."

All I can say is "amen."
    Could you post a link? I'd like to read the whole article. Thanks.
  3. Standard memberjimmyb270
    Top Gun
    Angels 20
    Moves
    19 Apr '05 13:56
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Could you post a link? I'd like to read the whole article. Thanks.
    Okay, so a link would have been nice, but it's too easy with the wonders of Google at your fingertips. Took me about 5 seconds:

http://www.firstthings.com/ftissues/ft9810/articles/wood.html
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    19 Apr '05 14:24
    Originally posted by jimmyb270
    Okay, so a link would have been nice, but it's too easy with the wonders of Google at your fingertips. Took me about 5 seconds:

http://www.firstthings.com/ftissues/ft9810/articles/wood.html
    Thank you! I'm computor challenged.
  5. Standard memberAynat
    Dog Companion
    Rain Forest
    Moves
    20 Apr '05 01:49
    Originally posted by kirksey957

"A healthy dose of Christian disbelief or "holy skepticism" would serve as a much needed antidote...........text shortened.....................for the hard thinking that Christian faith requires."

All I can say is "amen."
    Amen!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree