1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Mar '14 01:03
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I am pro-life, not pro-choice. Those women that can not have children may be able to adopt. However, nuns do not do what they do because they can not have children. They have been indoctrinated by propaganda.
  2. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    18 Mar '14 01:09
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am pro-life, not pro-choice. Those women that can not have children may be able to adopt. However, nuns do not do what they do because they can not have children. They have been indoctrinated by propaganda.
    The nuns around the corner from me are raising a few dozen children in their orphanage. Another group of nuns I've visited ~ a bit further away ~ run an orphanage for severely disabled children.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Mar '14 01:21
    Originally posted by Nick Bourbaki
    The nuns around the corner from me are raising a few dozen children in their orphanage. Another group of nuns I've visited ~ a bit further away ~ run an orphanage for severely disabled children.
    Good for them. However, this seems to have gotten off the point of the OP. I was just pointing out that I do not agree that these Islamist terrorists that kidnapped those nuns are such great humanitarians. What say you?
  4. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    18 Mar '14 01:29
    Good for them. However, this seems to have gotten off the point of the OP. I was just pointing out that I do not agree that these Islamist terrorists that kidnapped those nuns are such great humanitarians. What say you?
    I condemn all terrorism. As for Duchess64's tack on this thread, well I think he is, of course, entitled to try to squeeze something generalizable out of a story from a topsy turvy war zone if he wants to ~ and I'm sure he means well ~ but for me he is on a hiding to nothing. I am not much impressed.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Mar '14 15:37
    Nuns are not used to being humanely treated. So I doubt if any normal person would have made such a statement because of being held captive and then released after 2 months.

I don't claim to be a saint, but I am certainly much more humane than those Muslim terrorists who took those Christian women captive.
    How would you know or even be able to make this claim? "Nuns are not used to being humanely treated."
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Mar '14 15:39
    I condemn all terrorism. As for Duchess64's tack on this thread, well I think he is, of course, entitled to try to squeeze something generalizable out of a story from a topsy turvy war zone if he wants to ~ and I'm sure he means well ~ but for me he is on a hiding to nothing. I am not much impressed.
    Just a thought Nick, the name Duchess implies female gender.
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Mar '14 15:43
    I would have loved to see where this post could have gone instead of this dumb attack on Duchess64 and what was said in reguards with RJHinds.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Mar '14 18:55
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    How would you know or even be able to make this claim? "Nuns are not used to being humanely treated."
    Dark secrets of the Catholic Church; Ex nun Confesses

YouTube
  9. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    18 Mar '14 23:19
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Just a thought Nick, the name Duchess implies female gender.
    Duchess64 is just his current screen name. The fact that my screen name is "Nick Bourbaki" doesn't mean I am actually called "Nick". Duchess64 himself used the screen name "Nick Bourbaki" too when he was on another chess site. I don't think for one moment that he is actually called "Nick" because of that, just as we don't need to think of him as a woman simply because he uses the screen name "Duchess64". 🙂
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 00:12
    Duchess64 is just his current screen name. The fact that my screen name is "Nick Bourbaki" doesn't mean I am actually called "Nick". Duchess64 himself used the screen name "Nick Bourbaki" too when he was on another chess site. I don't think for one moment that he is actually called "Nick" because of that, just as we don't need to think of him as a woman simply because he uses the screen name "Duchess64". 🙂
    Yeah, and don't think of me as Ron Judas Hinds just because I use the screen name RJHinds.

The Moron Instructor
  11. Standard memberNick Bourbaki
    Son of FMF
    In front of the TV
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 00:26
    Yeah, and don't think of me as Ron Judas Hinds just because I use the screen name RJHinds.
    That's a 'barb' robbie threw at you. Not me. Not my style. 😉
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 17:08
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Why are you always on about women, Stan?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree