1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 19:49
    Originally posted by Coletti
    🙂 I you really want to have fun - look at the post that no1 was not really responding too.
    See if you can follow this:

Sjeg says God loves all humanity.

You say no he don't; he loves only the "elect' who are predestinated to be saved.

I say why did he go through the bother of creating everybody if he had already determined that the vast majority were discardable trash.

You say: A) God is outside time (WHO CARES?) and B) I wasn't responding to your post.

Wanna try again, Coletti?
  2. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 19:51
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    See if you can follow this:

Sjeg says God loves all humanity.

You say no he don't; he loves only the "elect' who are predestinated to be saved.

I say why did he go through the bother of creating everybody if he had already determined that the vast majority were discardable trash.

You say: A) God is outside time (WHO CARES?) and B) I wasn't responding to your post.

Wanna try again, Coletti?
    How about: Sjeg says X is logical.
    I say X is not logical and why.
    And you go off on a rant.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 19:57
    How about: Sjeg says X is logical.
    I say X is not logical and why.
    And you go off on a rant.
    What's really going on is you have a belief system that you are (rightly) pretty ashamed of and really don't want to discuss. I don't blame you and out of respect for your human dignity which I believe in, even if you and John Calvin don't, I'll desist. Have a nice day (it's predestined you will anyway).
  4. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 03:41
    What's really going on is you have a belief system that you are (rightly) pretty ashamed of and really don't want to discuss. I don't blame you and out of respect for your human dignity which I believe in, even if you and John Calvin don't, I'll desist. Have a nice day (it's predestined you will anyway).
    I've been pretty open about discussing my belief system. That is why you have been attacking it. You don't care for it. But don't even pretend that you are open to discussing it. I will discuss it with others, especial those who are critical about it. But to discuss it with you would be "casting pearls before swine." Its a waste of time.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 03:47
    I've been pretty open about discussing my belief system. That is why you have been attacking it. You don't care for it. But don't even pretend that you are open to discussing it. I will discuss it with others, especial those who are critical about it. But to discuss it with you would be "casting pearls before swine." Its a waste of time.
    A belief system that the human race is 99.9% disposable garbage except for the predestined "elect" isn't fit for hogs to swill, Coletti. I'll pray to almighty Thor that you will someday see the error of your ways. BTW, say hello to your "depraved" and "vile" children for me; after all their "basic nature" is evil and sinful too, right?
  6. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 04:01
    A belief system that the human race is 99.9% disposable garbage except for the predestined "elect" isn't fit for hogs to swill, Coletti. I'll pray to almighty Thor that you will someday see the error of your ways. BTW, say hello to your "depraved" and "vile" children for me; after all their "basic nature" is evil and sinful too, right?
    If you want a better sense of humour, try loki instead.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 04:05
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    If you want a better sense of humour, try loki instead.
    Nah, I prefer a loud entrance (obviously).
  8. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 12:54
    more like you'd be just showing more of how ignorant you really are
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 13:01
    You should leave another's kids out of your attacks. I don't care what
    your disagreement is, the whys, the therefores, and so on, dragging
    someone's kids into an insult is a cheap shot. That is low even for
    you.
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 14:14
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    you.
    Kelly
    It's a valid point; Coletti says that human nature is "depraved", does he include his own children in that categorization or not? Thanks for the unsolicited advice, but I'll make my points in the manner I see fit. If you don't like the post, alert it. I'm tired of you sanctimonious clowns who call people "lovers of death" or "anti-Semite" at the drop of a hat, but cry like a 2 year old if somebody gives it back to ya. Screw off, KellyJay; I don't take advice from a religious fanatic, homophobe, rabid right-winger; you idiots might run the country, but you don't run me.
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 14:151 edit
    you.
    Kelly
    however what no1 said is a reasonable inference drawn from Colletti's own words, "vile" and " depraved" which Colletti has alluded to no1 's kids, my kids, your kids ,in fact all kids, which by force of logic must include his own.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 16:19
    It's a valid point; Coletti says that human nature is "depraved", does he include his own children in that categorization or not? Thanks for the unsolicited advice, but I'll make my points in the manner I see fit. If you don't like the post, alert it. I'm tired of you sanctimonious clowns who call people "lovers of death" or "anti-Semi ...[text shortened]... fanatic, homophobe, rabid right-winger; you idiots might run the country, but you don't run me.
    Again, I don't care about the context, you are bringing someone's kids
    directly into a discussion by calling them names! If you cannot see
    the difference between a direct personal insult by calling somoene's
    kids names and talking generally about the human race, I don't think
    you are as smart as I thought you were. Going personal is how you
    normally treat others here, but taking shots at their kids is a new low
    as far as what I have witnessed from you.
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 16:23
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    however what no1 said is a reasonable inference drawn from Colletti's own words, "vile" and " depraved" which Colletti has alluded to no1 's kids, my kids, your kids ,in fact all kids, which by force of logic must include his own.
    Was Colletti addressing no1's kids directly or specifically? Did he
    single them out to call them names? Was Colletti specifically making
    sure no1 knew he was calling his kids names and not speaking about
    the entire human race in general terms? You want open season on
    your kids because you have an opinion about the human race?
    Kelly
  14. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 16:402 edits
    Was Colletti addressing no1's kids directly or specifically? Did he
    single them out to call them names? Was Colletti specifically making
    sure no1 knew he was calling his kids names and not speaking about
    the entire human race in genera ...[text shortened]... ur kids because you have an opinion about the human race?
    Kelly
    I have no qualms with addressing the logical implications of my beliefs. But I've decided it's not useful to respond to the instable rants of a Christian-basher.

If some want to have a reasonable discussion, that fine. If anyone wants accuse me of hating others or to ridicule my faith, then there's no point in responding. Abuse ab hominems against me are not called for. That person is too emotional to think rationally, and to try to communicate with him is a waste of time.

(Edit: Of course, if I do not respond to him - it will drive him nuts. He can't stand to be ignored. He'll get some pleasure even from this edit.)
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 16:43
    Again, I don't care about the context, you are bringing someone's kids
    directly into a discussion by calling them names! If you cannot see
    the difference between a direct personal insult by calling somoene's
    kids names and talking generally about the human race, I don't think
    you are as smart as I thought you were. Going personal is how you
    normall ...[text shortened]... e, but taking shots at their kids is a new low
    as far as what I have witnessed from you.
    Kelly
    Tough titty. See my above post for my opinion of your opinion of me. Their was no "personal insult" of his kids; learn how to read. I was merely pointing out that since he believes all humanity is "depraved" and "vile", he must think the same of his own children if he is consistent. Cry him a river if you want to, but the point remains valid.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree