1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 23:58
    If we thumb down then the thread doesn't get promoted to the top 😉

Obvious I know, but It would be nice to see one or two of some of the more insidious threads get dropped of the page in a blaze of thumbs downs, rather than them getting propped up by "negative" comments.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 02:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

Obvious I know, but It would be nice to see one or two of some of the more insidious threads get dropped of the page in a blaze of thumbs downs, rather than them getting propped up by "negative" comments.
    Hey, do you ever see your crazy talented ex? Any new songs from her?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 02:33
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

Censorship is the nector of tyrants.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 02:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Hey, do you ever see your crazy talented ex? Any new songs from her?
    Such wasted talent....

We rarely hear from her- despite her being the mum of my 6 1/2 yr old boy. We used to see her every weekend for 4 years and then "poof". My so called best mate got with her and she chose him over me.

Mind you he is not able to look after a 6 yr old child for 10 mins so... lets just leave that there.
    Me and boy are happy and she is welcome to bring her beautiful music and her intoxicating voice and play for me anytime 🙂
    Actually I've just met my german neighbour who have guitar lessons and seems quite a reasonable, happy chap. Maybe we can get something happening?

That girl (Jo Diefenbach) has enough songs for about 4 or 5 albums, without even really trying. like I said, such a waste. (It's not like this new guy is going to give her the confidence she needs, because if she got it together, I would certainly have some connections for her )
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 02:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    Where do you draw the line between censorship and spam?

Tough question, I know, but seriously, you would have to get a non-biased mod-overlord who has absolutely no political or religious persuasions,no?
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 05:10
    Is this supposed to be a slippery slope argument against some forum participants doing boycotts, or is it just a caution? As a caution it is certainly wise, after all, there are religions represented on this forum that have espoused and used shunning, disfellowship, and/or excommunication as a means of control.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '12 09:48
    boycotting isn't censorship
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '12 10:082 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    boycotting isn't censorship
    If people felt any communal pressure to join a boycott, then there would be a degree of censorship, especially if they feared they might find themselves ignored or excluded as a retaliation for not joining the boycott.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '12 16:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    If people felt any communal pressure to join a boycott, then there would be a degree of censorship, especially if they feared they might find themselves ignored or excluded as a retaliation for not joining the boycott.
    As explained at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_rejection

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascade_effect

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree