1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 May '13 05:57
    What do you all suppose the Lights / Triangle shaped formation of lights that passed over Phoenix area were? Aliens ? Black Ops / US military ? Supernatural beings ? It can't be dismissed as 1000's of people saw this event. Made news and even national news but oddly 3-4 months later.

Manny
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 May '13 06:021 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    What do you all suppose the Lights / Triangle shaped formation of lights that passed over Phoenix area were? Aliens ? Black Ops / US military ? Supernatural beings ? It can't be dismissed as 1000's of people saw this event. Made news and even national news but oddly 3-4 months later.

Manny
    Last time it was mentioned, I looked it up and it was quite clear it was at least in part military operation involving flares.

Do you have any links to photos/videos?
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 May '13 06:22
    Not currently......I know a quick Google Search will bring up a slew of stuff. I've heard the flair thing too. However flairs don't fly in a triangular formation. USAF denied (of course I would expect that) any doing in this.

Manny
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 May '13 06:26
    https://www.google.com/search?q=phoenix+lights&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=B5OMUdnhJOiyigKnvIHgCw&ved=0CEAQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=667
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 May '13 06:30
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights

Manny
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '13 06:33

Manny
    I think it is best that we do dismiss it.

The Instructor
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 May '13 06:33

Manny
    Why would anyone (military or extraterrestrial) put lights on something they wanted to remain secret?
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 May '13 07:27
    USAF denied (of course I would expect that) any doing in this.

Manny
    According to the Wikipedia page:
    The United States Air Force identified the second group of lights as flares dropped by A-10 Warthog aircraft that were on training exercises at the Barry Goldwater Range in southwest Arizona.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 May '13 07:27
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why would anyone (military or extraterrestrial) put lights on something they wanted to remain secret?
    Why assume either would want it to remain secret?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 May '13 08:421 edit

Manny
    My research into this fascinating yet overly troubling area has taught me that if I haven't experienced it first hand then I shouldn't hold strong opinions or make assumptions on these sorts of subjects.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 May '13 09:01
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    My research into this fascinating yet overly troubling area has taught me that if I haven't experienced it first hand then I shouldn't hold strong opinions or make assumptions on these sorts of subjects.
    The most reasonable stance is to assume an ordinary cause, such as aircraft/flares. An extraordinary explanation such as aliens, would require extraordinary evidence before it should be taken seriously.
    Of course it must be noted that the 'aliens' explanation is entirely cultural i.e. there was nothing about the observation itself that directly indicated aliens. If the same phenomena was observed in Zambia, many people would attribute it to witchcraft.
    From a scientific stand point, either explanation is equally likely ie nearly zero.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 May '13 09:17
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The most reasonable stance is to assume an ordinary cause, such as aircraft/flares. An extraordinary explanation such as aliens, would require extraordinary evidence before it should be taken seriously.
    Of course it must be noted that the 'aliens' explanation is entirely cultural i.e. there was nothing about the observation itself that directly indicated ...[text shortened]... tchcraft.
    From a scientific stand point, either explanation is equally likely ie nearly zero.
    You've highlighted one of the common points of so-called ufo sightings - ie that the the type of thing they see is culturally relevant.

apparently they've only started looking metallic since we've had metal flying machines.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 May '13 09:32
    Why assume either would want it to remain secret?
    Fair.

Why put lights on a spaceship?
  14. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    10 May '13 10:08
    Did you ever ask yourself why is it that it is
    only Americans that see aliens and spaceships?

And it is only Americans who claim that they were
    kidnapped by little green men and were experimented upon?????

You hardly ever if ever at all hear of any other nationality
    claiming to have seen spaceships and aliens.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 May '13 21:372 edits
    According to the Wikipedia page:
    The United States Air Force identified the second group of lights as flares dropped by A-10 Warthog aircraft that were on training exercises at the Barry Goldwater Range in southwest Arizona.
    Yeah, this is far, far to the south, over at least one small mountain range. I imagine its only connection with the 'Phoenix Lights' was to provide an excuse for 'what people saw'. The flares weren't anywhere near the same area.

To put it in perspective, A-10s are not based in Phoenix (Luke AFB). When I was going to school in Tucson, the A-10s from Davis-Monthan AFB (in Tucson, approx. 130 miles SSE of Phoenix) flew over UofA all the time. I think it's a beautiful, easily recognized plane, with a unique engine sound. I've never, ever seen them over Phoenix.

The Barry Goldwater range is approx. equidistant from Phoenix (Luke AFB, F-16s), Tucson (Davis-Monthan AFB, A-10s) and Yuma (MCAS Yuma, F/A-18s and AV-8B Harriers). It's probably a good 100 miles at least SW of Phoenix.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree