1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 12:36
    How many here have had actual contact with a god or YOUR god?

All you have is ancient mythology with no link to reality.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 16:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    How many here have had actual contact with a god or YOUR god?

All you have is ancient mythology with no link to reality.
    you dont think Jesus was real? What about Pontious Pilate or Alexander the great?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 17:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you dont think Jesus was real? What about Pontious Pilate or Alexander the great?
    Pilate or big Al, supernatural? JC supernatural? Don't think so. I think he was a great salesman. 'Trust me, I am the son of god'. Sure, it fooled a lot of people but that is just an indication of the state of the intelligence of the human race. Look at David Koresh. HE thought he was divine or some such.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 17:322 edits
    Pilate or big Al, supernatural? JC supernatural? Don't think so. I think he was a great salesman. 'Trust me, I am the son of god'. Sure, it fooled a lot of people but that is just an indication of the state of the intelligence of the human race. Look at David Koresh. HE thought he was divine or some such.
    no my friend your assertion was and I quote, 'all you have is ancient mythology with no link to reality', therefore we shall ask you once again, was Jesus real? was Solomon real? what about King David, were he real?
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 18:45
    I thought JW's don't believe Jesus was God?!
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 19:591 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I thought JW's don't believe Jesus was God?!
    We dont, we believe that he was a divine being, the only entity directly created by God, hence the term, 'only begotten son'. All other things having been created through him.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 20:31
    We dont, we believe that he was a divine being, the only entity directly created by God, hence the term, 'only begotten son'. All other things having been created through him.
    created or begotten? Make up your mind.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 20:51
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Perhaps you will explain the difference between procreating and begetting?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 21:10
    no my friend your assertion was and I quote, 'all you have is ancient mythology with no link to reality', therefore we shall ask you once again, was Jesus real? was Solomon real? what about King David, were he real?
    They may have been real, they could also have been just made up, all of them. You have to have more evidence than just the bible, archaeological evidence as well.
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 21:48
    Hmmm, Alexander the Great is also claimed historically to have been born of a virgin.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 21:542 edits
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Hmmm, Alexander the Great is also claimed historically to have been born of a virgin.
    He was killed by a Pakistani mosquito, nuff said about him!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 21:55
    They may have been real, they could also have been just made up, all of them. You have to have more evidence than just the bible, archaeological evidence as well.
    really, they could have just been made up? and here you are talking about reality, wow.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 02:272 edits
    Originally posted by caissad4
    However, Alexander the Great failed to rise from the dead to prove anything. He stayed dead to prove he was just another man. No claim is made of him ascending to heaven. However, Jesus even took a picture of His resurrection, the Shroud of Turin, to prove He was crucified and rose from the dead. The tomb is still empty and His bones are nowhere to be found.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 02:42
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Perhaps you will explain the difference between procreating and begetting?
    Why did you suddenly change the word Suzianne used ~ "created"/"creating" ~ to "procreated"/"procreating"? Presumably you did it on purpose? Mentioning two words that are not exact synonyms, she said "Created or begotten? Make up your mind." And then you changed one of the words to a synonym of "begetting" in your reply, asking for the difference between the two synonyms "procreating and begetting". Why?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 18:09
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    However, Alexander the Great failed to rise from the dead to prove anything. He stayed dead to prove he was just another man. No claim is made of him ascending to heaven. However, Jesus even took a picture of His resurrection, the Shroud of Turin, to prove He was crucified and rose from the dead. The tomb is still empty and His bones are nowhere to be found.
    You can believe that the rest of your life but it won't make the myth come true.

If JC was a god, it seems to me it could have made a better image than that stupid shroud.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree