1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 21:252 edits
    Sonhouse,
    Did any "spirtual leader" other than Jesus, like David Karesh(Spelling?), perform miracles?

One thing is for sure, science will not get us to God! The best it can do is help us understand more about God. But it will not reveal God Himself to us. When it comes down to the chance for a great eternity, science gives us nothing eternal. Science cannot explain our individual future after we humanly die, nor our individual past before each of us were born as a human. Why anyone would want to trust science with things that it will not answer, I do not understand. With the eternal, science is a waste of our lives. And most certainly, science is not worth our faith in it, for eternity!
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 21:32
    Robbie,
    Show us in the bible where Christ was created by anyone?
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 21:354 edits
    Sonhouse,
    I have no proof that you exist. You may be a computer bot for all I know, like the one who answered Jeopardy Game questions. Even if you are human, you could be sincere, or a liar, or a hypocrite for all I know. You may answer with some good information on Christian beliefs. Yes, I respond to you as if you are a human being.

Christ has more evidence of His existence than I have about you. People that knew Christ died for faith in Him. But I will never die for faith in you no matter how much proof you exist.
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 21:461 edit
    Sonhouse,
    It doesn't matter whether the shroud is evidence or a mistake or made up. Christ doesn't need a shroud to be real. People don't live their lives for a shroud, they live them for Christ Himself.

King James Version
    ==============
    Galatians 2: 20
    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 22:34
    Sonhouse and All Others,
    I want to restate my previous post. . .

Why anyone would want to trust science with things that it will not answer, I do not understand. For gaining eternal life directly, science is a waste of our lives. And most certainly, science is not worth our faith in it, for eternity!
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 22:37
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Sonhouse,
    I have no proof that you exist. You may be a computer bot for all I know, like the one who answered Jeopardy Game questions. Even if you are human, you could be sincere, or a liar, or a hypocrite for all I know. You may answer with some good information on Christian beliefs. Yes, I respond to you as if you are a human being.

Christ has ...[text shortened]... faith in Him. But I will never die for [b]faith in you
    no matter how much proof you exist.[/b]
    All you have is the programming inherent in your religion. You have your certainty but that is ALL you have. You think your bible is inspired by a god but that is most likely totally made up by men to control men. The creation myth for instance, is not even from Judaism, it is ancient Egyptian mythology thousands of years older than Judaism.

The fact the bible says 'I am a jealous god' proves that is just men putting human attributes on to what they think a god would be like.

A real god would NEVER have human attributes like jealousy or have the need to be worshiped. All that is just made up crap to control men. To make up the story of a god to instill fear in their followers and thus control them. That is the sum of it.

I think I am pretty smart, for a computer.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 22:571 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Perhaps you will explain the difference between procreating and begetting?
    I didn't say 'procreating', you didn't say 'procreating'. Why bring another word into the discussion? Cough up an answer now... was Jesus created or begotten? Which is it? Make up your mind.

Edit: And please, for the love of God, do not bring up Colossians 1:18 again. You've already demonstrated you do not understand that scripture.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 22:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why did you suddenly change the word Suzianne used ~ [b]"created"/"creating" ~ to "procreated"/"procreating"? Presumably you did it on purpose? Mentioning two words that are not exact synonyms, she said "Created or begotten? Make up your mind." And then you changed one of the words to a synonym of "begetting" in your reply, asking for the difference between the two synonyms "procreating and begetting". Why?[/b]
    This is the way robbie argues, as if we're all too stupid to see what he's doing. Glad someone else picked up on it this time.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 23:02
    Sonhouse,
    It doesn't matter whether the shroud is evidence or a mistake or made up. Christ doesn't need a shroud to be real. People don't live their lives for a shroud, they live them for Christ Himself.

King James Version
    ==============
    Galatians 2: 20
    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the ...[text shortened]... live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
    Well rendered, well said.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 23:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    All you have is the programming inherent in your religion. You have your certainty but that is ALL you have. You think your bible is inspired by a god but that is most likely totally made up by men to control men. The creation myth for instance, is not even from Judaism, it is ancient Egyptian mythology thousands of years older than Judaism.

The fact the ...[text shortened]... ers and thus control them. That is the sum of it.

I think I am pretty smart, for a computer.
    "There is much hate in this one."

Just what happened in your life that you blame God or the Bible or religion in general for, anyways?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 00:086 edits
    Pilate or big Al, supernatural? JC supernatural? Don't think so. I think he was a great salesman. 'Trust me, I am the son of god'. Sure, it fooled a lot of people but that is just an indication of the state of the intelligence of the human race. Look at David Koresh. HE thought he was divine or some such.
    He was a master magician too, turning water into wine, walking on water, calming a storm, making the lame walk and the blind see, bringing a dead person back to life after 4 days, and for His final magic trick He allowed Himself to be crucified and speared through the heart and dissappeared from the tomb that was sealed and guarded by Roman soldiers. Wait a minute! That was not His final magic trick for after appearing in the midst of His disciples in a room with the doors locked, He later ascended up into a cloud with His disciples watching and disappeared from their sight, never to be seen again. I even forgot to mention that He left His 3-D image of His crucified body on His burial cloth in the empty tomb and scientist today can not figure out how He did it nor can any magician.
  12. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 00:524 edits
    Sonhouse,
    Do you think that God, whom people are committed to, wants those committed people to go and worship other false gods made of stone or wood or metal or anything else and then just leave God out of their lives?

As for jealousy, consider it that it could be the other way around. Humans have jealousy because humans were made with God's attributes.

Humanly speaking, if you had a wife who gave her life to you to be what wives are to be in commitment, then after 1 year of being married to you she turned her heart from you and forsook you for the rest of your human life. She had relations with any other man in front of your sight. She rejected you in front of your sight constantly. She put other men constantly before you and in front of your sight. And mostly except for doing everything in front of your sight, she rejected you even though you wanted her to be committed to you.

Do you think that you don't have a right to be jealous of her being with other men in front of your sight and putting other people's wishes before you while still in front of your sight?

Perhaps, even more applicable, would you want your wife to forsake you for a couch that she loves instead of you, and dogs and cats she loves instead of you. What if she loved money, and pleasure instead of you? What if she wanted to spend time listening to political speeches instead of you? What if she gave herself and life to things that are made of wood and stone and metal while rejecting you and in front of your sight constantly because these things fulfill her life, but you don't fulfill her life?

Do you think that one committed to you once and whom you wanted to be with in a one flesh relationship should be able to defy your love and reject you in front of your sight constantly, and you don't have a right to be jealous?

And next, what if you died for her and rose again so that she could have eternal life with you? Should she who married you, still reject your love for her and go do all the other things she desires instead of you after once committing herself to you even though the other things will do nothing for her eternally?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 01:24
    Sonhouse,
    Do you think that God, whom people are committed to, wants those committed people to go and worship other false gods made of stone or wood or metal or anything else and then just leave God out of their lives?

As for jealousy, consider it that it could be the other way around. Humans have jealousy because humans were made with God's attribu ...[text shortened]... r once committing herself to you even though the other things will do nothing for her eternally?
    Wow.

I was moved by this.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 04:52
    Sonhouse,

As for jealousy, consider it that it could be the other way around. Humans have jealousy because humans were made with God's attribu ...[text shortened]... r once committing herself to you even though the other things will do nothing for her eternally?
    You make allusions to justify a god being jealous but my solid position is and always will be that a god would be so far above us that there would be no such thing as a human attribute like jealousy. It just convinces me ever more deeply these attributes are just made up by men because that's what they think other men and women would agree a god might have such emotions.

Giving human attributes to a god just denigrates the god.
  15. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 05:23
    They may have been real, they could also have been just made up, all of them. You have to have more evidence than just the bible, archaeological evidence as well.
    Was your mother and dad real? I mean how do WE really know, I've never met them.

This statement is about a silly as your claim. There are millions of people that have never been "known" since the beginning of time. There is no "proof" of them. They are the bulk of mankind, just living their lives. There isn't any evidence, but they lived.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree