1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '10 12:571 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Okay, I am not sure you are getting what I'm asking.
    I get we are going to grow into knowledge of God.
    I get that we are going to recieve a reward.
    I get the allotted portion.
    I'm asking you and everyone does God divide Himself up into little pieces?
    When you have a relationship with God, is it only a little tiny piece of God
    or all of God you have a or becoming more than He was, that is us enlarging our
    knowledge of what already is.
    Kelly
    ====================================
    I'm asking you and everyone does God divide Himself up into little pieces?
    When you have a relationship with God, is it only a little tiny piece of God
    or all of God you have a relationship with? I get we are like cups that can
    only contain so much, but that does not answer my question with respect to
    God and only getting a piece of God.
    ========================================

What I notice Kelly is God pictured as a flowing river. I see in Scripture the symbol of Him flowing through His people as a river.

"And he showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb." (Rev. 22:1)

There are many references to the river of water of life. And Jesus said in John chapter 7 that the Holy Spirit would be rivers of living water flowing out of our innermost being.

A river as a whole cannot be drunk. But as it flows continuously it can we can drink from it.

"And he showed me a river of water of [divine] life, bright as crystal, roceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb in the middle of its street."

The street signifies the walk. And the river of water of life in the middle of the street signifies our walking the way of the flowing of the Holy Spirit.

As a river then, God is flowing through the believers, directing them in their daily walk.

I think it helps me to see the Triune God as continually dispensing and flowing all of His riches into and through those who have received Him. Of course He can flow for eternity and never be exhausted.

Once again, what I notice is not that the entire body of this water of life resides in the believers. But it flows through them forever and ever.

Maybe this will help. It is a profound question that you ask.

You know this is an exhaustless and infinite God. You know He is eternal and limitless. It stands to reason that for Him to impart all that He is into us He has to flow continuously through us.

This is also not the "raw" God before incarnation, human living, death, and resurrection. This is the eternal God havng passed through the stages of incarnation, human living, death, resurrection, and ascension. He is a kind of "processed" God or "prepared" God for dispensing into man.

I do not mean a modalistic God. But I do mean that God the Word "became" flesh." And God the incarnated "became a life giving Spirit". See ( John 1:14; 1 Cor. 15:45).

So the Triune God passed through some stages in preparation to flow through man as this eternal and never ending "river of water of life".

This is all I can comment right now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree