1. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 14:53
    is that we (theists) go according to facts and we base our belief on these facts. We try to understand what God has put in place the best we can, and do not harp on silly little things we have no understanding of. We accept that His greatest folly is far superior to our highest intellect and that now we know in part, then we shall know fully.

The atheists like to thumb suck with words like “could it be, perhaps, maybe, is it possible, most logical explanation is” and so forth and so on..............They play a guessing game all the time. The follow man made theories of the big bang, evolution, of God, while claiming their great, great, great, great grand daddy to be an ape of sorts.

I now read that snakes will soon have wings or rather “perhaps” ……”could it be that” ………”most logical explanation is that…..” snakes will soon have wings.

All of this based on a thumb suck.

Waaaahhahahahahahahahaahaahhaa!!!!!! What a hoot!!!!!!!
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 14:561 edit
    lol...define facts!
  3. Joined
    24 Jun '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 15:34
    Originally posted by Clean Cut
    is that we (theists) go according to facts and we base our belief on these facts. We try to understand what God has put in place the best we can, and do not harp on silly little things we have no understanding of. We accept that His greatest folly is far superior to our highest intellect and that now we know in part, then we shall know fully.

The athei ...[text shortened]...

Basically you are saying "we (theists) have absolutely no way of proving definitively the existence of God. Oh no! How can we sell this pitch without any proof. I know, lets say that the nature of God and His creation are inherantly beyond our feeble mortal understanding. If we cannot possibly understand it why bother trying? Therefore we are free of any responsibility on our part to back-up our statements with hard facts."

How incredibly convenient for you.

Or, there´s the flip-side of that: a non-religious scientific view of the origins and nature of the universe is also a belief system in its fashion. So, according to your statement, scientists shouldn´t have to provide any evidence to support their claims any more than theists do.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 16:22
    Have you met RBHILL yet?
  5. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 16:42
    is that we (theists) go according to facts and we base our belief on these facts.
    😵

Good one. LOL!
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 07:30

You are confusing atheists with scientists. More than 50% of the worlds theists accept evolution as fact.
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 09:07

Ah, another "head stuck in sand" theist. Pray tell, what "facts" do you base your belief on? Wait, wait, no, I already know. You are going to claim that God's existence is a fact. Well, prove it then.

What about this fact. The earth is a minimum of 4.5 billion years old. Where does that fit into your beliefs? Here's another one. Species evolves over time into different species. Where does that fit into your beliefs? Or how 'bout this. The universe is expanding. It all exploded from one single point 18 billion years ago, or so. Where does that fit into your beliefs?

I can give a huge amount of evidence for all this. Theories, like evolution or the big bang, are integrated explanation of ALL the data that has ever been elucidated on these subjects. There are no contradictions. We may not have got everything quite right yet, but given time, we will.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 09:15
    I now read that snakes will soon have wings or rather “perhaps” ……”could it be that” ………”most logical explanation is that…..” snakes will soon have wings.
    If you are talking about my comments in the evolution thread then you have misquoted me.
    By the way the snakes I was talking about already have wings. That is not a 'perhaps', a 'could be', or a 'thumb suck', it is a cold hard fact.
  9. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 11:36
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Ah, another "head stuck in sand" theist. Pray tell, what "facts" do you base your belief on? Wait, wait, no, I already know. You are going to claim that God's existence is a fact. Well, prove it then.

What about this fact. The earth is a minimum of 4.5 billion years old. Where does that fit into your beliefs? Here's another one. Species evolv ...[text shortened]... he data that has ever been elucidated on these subjects. There are no contradictions. .
    There you go again………” What about this fact. The earth is a minimum of 4.5 billion years old.”………..
    Who told you that? What do you mean it's a "minimum" of 4.5 billion years old? Don't you know the exact age of our planet? Yet you claim this as fact…..Hmmmm??…….smacks of a thumb suck to me.
    What about "It all exploded from one single point 18 billion years ago, or so”
    What do you mean by “or so”? There is no “or so” in fact……….plenty of “or so” in thumb sucking though.
    Another one……………“We may not have got everything quite right yet, but given time, we will”…..
    Oh dear!!! That sounds like an excuse. Not to sure about anything are you? Just going along with the flow, huh? No time to think for yourself………right? Shame. Perhaps it’s time you did. Who knows? The Lord may just surprise you. Wouldn’t that be a kick in the head?
    So, so far we have a whole lotta thumb sucking going on, all of which your claiming as “fact” and what really cracks me up is the fact that you wanna lecture me about my faith. Pfffffahahahahaaaahaaaaaaa!!!!!

Let me try to explain something to you. I know that it’s a little difficult for you to understand, especially being spiritually deaf and blind, but I’ll venture a bash at it in any case…….ok?
    When the shroud that Satan put over me was removed by Christ in 1993, I saw for the first time……I heard for the first time. The reality of God hit me and my adventure with Him began.
    I know it's tough to comprehend but try to stay with me now.
    I can give you ample experiences I've had with the living God. I can tell you of prayers I've directed at Him and answers received 5 minutes after the prayer was made. I can tell you of visions seen. I can tell you of demonic interference and the victory I have had over them because of the name of Jesus Christ. I can tell you of divine intervention causing weapons forged against me to be rendered useless.
    All of these experiences confirm to me that Christ is alive. Over and above that, the Holy Spirit has quicken my spirit and I AM reconciled unto God, because of Christ death and resurrection. This is fact. No thumb sucking here bro.
    I know you wont accept any of it. You have however now been told of Christ and therefore when you stand before the Most High God, no excuse will be looked upon favourably.
    “Not by might nor by power but by My Spirit,” says the Lord.
  10. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 11:421 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 12:23
    There you go again………” What about this fact. The earth is a minimum of 4.5 billion years old.”………..
    Who told you that? What do you mean it's a "minimum" of 4.5 billion years old? Don't you know the exact age of our planet? Yet you claim this as fact…..Hmmmm??…….smacks of a thumb suck to me.
    So not knowing the exact minute and second of somethings age means that any information about the age is a thumb suck? So if I say that you are at least 2 years old it is only a thumb suck? You could be 1 year old?
    That might explain your fixation on thumb sucking!

I can give you ample experiences I've had with the living God. I can tell you of prayers I've directed at Him and answers received 5 minutes after the prayer was made. I can tell you of visions seen. I can tell you of demonic interference and the victory I have had over them because of the name of Jesus Christ. I can tell you of divine intervention causing weapons forged against me to be rendered useless.
    I am sure you could tell us all about it. But how do we know you are telling the truth? Can you demonstrate your quick prayer response in front of someone else or does it only work in private?

I know you wont accept any of it. You have however now been told of Christ and therefore when you stand before the Most High God, no excuse will be looked upon favourably.
    “Not by might nor by power but by My Spirit,” says the Lord.

So your sole motivation in telling us was to ensure that we get properly punished? Interesting.
  12. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 12:371 edit
    is that we (theists) go according to facts False and we base our belief on these facts. Since they are not facts, that belief would be non-factual. We try to understand what God has put in place the best we can, and do not harp on silly little things we have no understanding of. Anyone who does not seek the answers to things he does not understand is pretty much pointless in the cycle of life. We accept that His greatest folly is far superior to our highest intellect and that now we know in part, then we shall know fully. Lucky you, I hope it pans out for you.

The atheists like to thumb suck with words like “could it be, perhaps, maybe, is it possible, most logical explanation is” and so forth and so on.............. begin sarcasm Shame on them for analysing and criticising the nature of the world in an attempt to find answers, when they should be content to remain in the dark about things. End sarcasm They play a guessing game all the time. The follow man made theories of the big bang, evolution, of God, They don't follow theories of god, they merely deny his existence. Do you even understand what the term 'atheist' means? while claiming their great, great, great, great grand daddy to be an ape of sorts. No, that's evolutionists, not atheists. Atheists only deny the existence of god, they do not necessarily hold any other beliefs. And besides, all evolution says is that apes and man have a common ancestor, not that man came from apes.

I now read that snakes will soon have wings or rather “perhaps” ……”could it be that” ………”most logical explanation is that…..” snakes will soon have wings. Cite your evidence for this so I can peruse the article. If it is true, why does that bother you?

All of this based on a thumb suck. None of it is based on a thumb suck, it is based on a desire to question the state of existence and not, like you, remain in a state of blinkered, unquestioning stasis.

Waaaahhahahahahahahahaahaahhaa!!!!!! What a hoot!!!!!!! The only hoot here is you, have you considered a career in stand up comedy? I suggest you actually research what the atheist positions are before you wax lyrical about something you clearly have no understanding of.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 12:51
    Originally posted by Starrman
    And besides, all evolution says is that apes and man have a common ancestor, not that man came from apes.
    Just one small correction there: Man is an ape. The common ancestor between man and his closest relatives such as the chimpanzee was also an ape.
  14. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 13:11
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I do not know which side of the fence you sit on but no matter, I’ll give you a few examples. It may be lengthy so please bear with me.

I had grown accustomed to hearing the Lords voice, if one could ever grow accustomed to it………none the less. One Friday night around 21h00, while watching television, I heard the voice of the Lord say to me to get up and switch the outside light on. I reacted immediately and was met with silence when I enquired of Him as to why I should do so. I left it like that.
    The next day, my youngest son, who was 3 at the time wanted to go play outside. I denied him the right as it was a cold winter’s day in Johannesburg, South Africa. It warmed up as the day progressed and so I let him play outside in the front yard that afternoon. He was outside maybe 15 – 20 minutes when he suddenly strolled into the lounge carrying a gym zip up bag. I didn’t recognize the bag and thought it may be one of my eldest son’s friend’s property. My youngest son had the habit of placing sand, stones and leaves in a bag, turfing it out on the carpet and driving his toys cars through it. Needless to say, this didn’t charm my wife. I decided to take the bag from him to check it for the same and what I found was a large pliers, flat and star screw drivers, brown leather gloves, a blue torch and a dark blue almost black balaclava inside. This puzzled me. I then remembered what the Lord told me the night before and suddenly realised that He is an active participant in my life, watching me day and night – Psalms 139.

Another time He told me to go to a pastor and instruct him to preach the word of God in His house. The pastor insisted on praise and worship and only praise and worship. To cut a long story short, I did so and left. On my way back to my car, I noticed people driving past in their cars, craning their necks around to look at me as I walked on the side walk. Each time a car came past the occupant would do the same. It was very strange. I am an average guy around 6ft weighing 85kg, so there’s not much to impress anyone……..well not to that extent in any case. I got into the car and left for home. A few days later a friend of mine asked me who I was walking with that day. I told him that I was alone and asked him what he was talking about. He referred to a very tall impressive person walking next to me while I was on route to my car. I then realised that the people were not looking at me but rather at this person beside me. Vanity is a terrible thing. I learnt a good lesson that day.

One night I was in a car, as a passenger, on route to a seminar when I suddenly saw a highway with a white clad guy standing on the other side beckoning me. I approached Him and He introduced himself to me as Jesus. He then said I should follow Him, he had something to show me. He took me to a room, opened the door and invited me inside. The contents were amazing. Things I didn’t know existed. He told me to feed. I did. It was exciting. It was God’s Word. Not long after I saw Him again. This time we were on the same side of the highway. He took me to another room, invited me in and told me to feed. The contents were different from the first room. It contained prayer, fasting and spiritual warfare in all it’s diversity. Totally awesome. I feed like a starved man.
    As time went by I kept on seeing a green door with a brass or bronze knob handle. I try to reach it but could never get my hand around it. It drove me insane for months. The first two rooms were unbelievable. I couldn’t wait to get into this room. One day I saw the green door again but this time Jesus was standing next to it. I told Him how I had been struggling to get into the room. He told me that I couldn’t enter less I was invited. He then opened the door and invited me in. The contents of this room were once again different to the first two. However this time I found myself afraid of entering and didn’t want to be there. It was God’s Will. I pleaded with Him to release me to another room because I wasn’t ready for this. He refused. I remained in that room for 7 years before I brought my rebellion under control. I am still in the room. I now do not fear the contents and am busy feeding. An amazing thing is just how much falls under God’s Will. I suspect this could be the last room for me.

I know you want proof. I can’t give you any. He has changed my life. This is why I proclaim Jesus as King. This is why I know that I know that I KNOW that God is alive and well. This is why I know that He yearns for His children to come nearer unto Him. This is why I know that He is a God of mercy and of forgiveness and with Him in your corner, victory is inevitable.

I wasn’t brought up in a religious home. I was taught at school that you take your requests to Him in prayer and that was it. Nobody ever told me that He speaks back to you and that He enables you to hear Him. My adventure began when I heard Him for the first time. It’s a little difficult to describe what it feels like. You probably won’t believe me any way.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 13:56
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schitzophrenia

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree