1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Dec '13 18:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    show me a Christian command from the scriptures which demonstrates a requirement for tithing?
    I don't think there is one, God wants your heart not your money. But if you aren't tithing is your heart really for God?
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    02 Dec '13 18:033 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well when I work 4 hrs. A day at $36.

-4 for gas = 20 miles there and back. Mustang 15 miles to the gallon.
    -6 to give away
    - .22% of tax and tithe
    -2 for soda and snack.

I would only make $16 a day.

1040 hrs. X $4 is $347 a month, my rent is $500. And plus my tithe money goes to my church so technically I am helping the poor with food once a month when the church gives away bags of food.
    To tell you the truth, I don't have $ on me anymore but credit cards when I work now. Once a sister/black person was asking out loud for 5 one's and I had them on me. I gave them to her and to my surprise she gave me a 5 back. This is at the site I work at. In 2005 I gave a homeless dude 10 in Sacramento, he was surprised and said "that's really b----in dude".
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '13 18:27
    I don't think there is one, God wants your heart not your money. But if you aren't tithing is your heart really for God?
    huh?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '13 20:47
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Thanks. Gonna have to get used to pronouncing it like that in my head.

Now, this "coolaide" thing... what's that all about? I see it popping up in the debates forum from time to time. What's the reference?
    Jim Jones. He was a cult leader who poisoned some coolaide and gave it to all his followers.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Dec '13 22:07
    Obama's a cult leader?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '13 23:003 edits
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Obama's a cult leader?
    Of sorts, yes.

Some people would follow him off a cliff. In fact, fiscally that is exactly where we are headed.

Political ideology is very similar to religion. People who adhere to either cling to a particular idea of what is salvation and what is evil and they claim to have the cure. For the statist, we look to intellectuals to provide us with solutions for our collective salvation, which usually involves redistribution of wealth. The evil is individualism and freedom.

This can be best illustrated when collectivists die. Men like Lenin and Mao and Chavez are embalmed for all to see under glass, as if they are immortal gods that never leave us.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 07:46
    Christianity is a cult?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 13:11
    Originally posted by whodey
    Of sorts, yes.

Some people would follow him off a cliff. In fact, fiscally that is exactly where we are headed.

Political ideology is very similar to religion. People who adhere to either cling to a particular idea of what is salvation and what is evil and they claim to have the cure. For the statist, we look to intellectuals to provide us with solut ...[text shortened]... havez are embalmed for all to see under glass, as if they are immortal gods that never leave us.
    The evil is individualism and freedom.

When are you going to reject your evil Maoist Social Security benefits ?
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 21:041 edit
    huh?
    I am saying that it is not required, you give a tenth or more or even less from your own freewill.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 21:41
    I am saying that it is not required, you give a tenth or more or even less from your own freewill.
    If you are being tithed, its not of your own free will, tithing is not the same as a voluntary donation.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 22:32
    Giving money to a church is not what Christ commanded. Giving money relieves YOU of the responsibility of obeying Christ. Giving money is a last resort and not the first and only option. Showing love comes first ie helping feeding caring spending time etc.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 23:36
    If you are being tithed, its not of your own free will, tithing is not the same as a voluntary donation.
    I am agreeing with you.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 23:37
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Giving money to a church is not what Christ commanded. Giving money relieves YOU of the responsibility of obeying Christ. Giving money is a last resort and not the first and only option. Showing love comes first ie helping feeding caring spending time etc.
    I also agree.
  14. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 00:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    It is pronounced "Who" "Dey".

Got it?

It is from American football, which is why you don't understand.

The team is called the Cincinnati Bengals. The term is used to mean this, "Who are they or (Whodey) think can beat them Bengals? The Bengals are an NFL franchize that used to be well run, making two close wins in a Super Bowl which is when the te ...[text shortened]... ink the coolaide are rather amusing to me. That includes Bengal fans as well as partisan hacks.
    Yeah, I knew that. But i still pronounce it (to myself) Whoa-dee. Sorry.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 02:46
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Yeah, I knew that. But i still pronounce it (to myself) Whoa-dee. Sorry.
    God knows I've been called worse. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree