Moves
    17 Jul '17 15:591 edit
    There is nothing new under the sun.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 17:251 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm thinking of starting one. Doctrine is to be established by the early adopters.

Whose in?
    At least the brothers that I follow, whom you chide me for copying, don't treat the faith as some kind of recreational board game Divegeester.

They took people's commitment to belief very seriously.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 18:12
    Originally posted by sonship
    At least the brothers that I follow, whom you chide me for copying, don't treat the faith as some kind of recreational board game Divegeester.

Commitment to belief?
    What is that?
    You have it wrong
    A Christian is supposed to commit to Jesus.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 18:581 edit

Did you think my OP was somehow having a dig at you or the people whose ministry copy?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 19:07
    I'm thinking of starting one. Doctrine is to be established by the early adopters.

Whose in?
    Oh that's good idea. I can see the other ones really worked out great for us.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 20:441 edit
    Did you think my OP was somehow having a dig at you or the people whose ministry copy?
    No. I thought it ironic that after so much criticism about me following men, you are apparently seeking followers of your "new religion" game.

By the way, your suggestions that I take more seriously those who need to hear the gospel, was a taken point. And I did take that fellowship to God in prayer.

There has been some increase of me approaching people off the Internet for the Gospel.
    The point was taken.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 21:10
    No. I thought it ironic that after so much criticism about me following men, you are apparently seeking followers of your "new religion" game.

By the way, your suggestions that I take more seriously those who need to hear the gospel, was a taken point. And I did take that fellowship to God in prayer.

There has been some increase of me approaching people off the Internet for the Gospel.
    The point was taken.
    This thread is a little distraction from the usual melee in here, I really wouldn't take it too seriously if I were you.

As for your preaching; I think it is to be expected that if one believes the lost will be hung in chains and burnt alive for eternity has a result of not hearing the gospel, then that person should be doing everything they can to prevent it occurring. Of course my view of god is significantly different to yours.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 22:28
    Originally posted by sonship to divegeester
    You think starting a thread like this is an attempt to gain "followers" in a way that is comparable to how you are a "follower" of the religious writers whose work you regurgitate?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '17 00:363 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Commitment to belief?
    What is that?
    You have it wrong
    No, no, they have itching ears that want something else besides Jesus.

First they need a creed of some sort.

Imagine.

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today... Aha-ah...

Once you die you will become the ape man or the walrus. Then you will live in strawberry fields forever

All those who wish to convert shout, coocoocachew!
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '17 00:38
    Originally posted by Eladar
    There is nothing new under the sun.
    What about above the sun?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '17 00:45
    Rajk999 to sonship: Commitment to belief? What is that? You have it wrong

Originally posted by whodey
    No, no, they have itching ears that want something else besides Jesus.
    Huh? Christians "have itching ears that want something else besides Jesus"? What are you on about?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jul '17 02:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    You think starting a thread like this is an attempt to gain "followers" in a way that is comparable to how you are a "follower" of the religious writers whose work you regurgitate?
    "Regurgitate"?

Wow.

Just what are *you* "regurgitating" today?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '17 02:11
    This thread is a little distraction from the usual melee in here, I really wouldn't take it too seriously if I were you.

As for your preaching; I think it is to be expected that if one believes the lost will be hung in chains and burnt alive for eternity has a result of not hearing the gospel, then that person should be doing everything they can to prevent it occurring. Of course my view of god is significantly different to yours.

I told you that since this is your ace of spades that you love to bring up again and again you should QUOTE me.

It is noted that you haven't the basic decency to accompany the serious charge with the quotation. You're integrity challenged.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '17 02:13
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Just what are *you* "regurgitating" today?
    I am not trotting out second hand dogma and doctrine memorized and internalized from reading books written by others and delivered here in long soliloquies.

That was the meaning of "regurgitate" that I intended.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '17 02:133 edits

[my bolding]

Where did I say eternal punishment was to someone for "not hearing the gospel" ?
    I have quoted Paul saying divne vengence is upon those not obeying the gospel. (1 Thess. 1:8) ... and not knowing God. (same passage).

Your next post should include the quotation from me where I ever wrote that damnation was to those for not hearing the gospel.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree