17 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 19:13
    "Don't hate me because I'm spiritual."

DisCovergirl
  2. )
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 19:25
    There is always some spirituality in love. But there is also always some spirituality in madness.

Friedrich "the Spiritual Guru" Nietzsche
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 21:27
    "Even if there is only one possible unified theory, it is just a set of rules and equations. Spirituality is what breathes fire into the equations and makes a universe for them to describe." -- Stephen Hawking, Amyotrophic Lateral Spirituality patient.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 21:35
    "We may affirm absolutely that nothing great in the world has been accomplished without spirituality." Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Spiritus Hegel
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 22:17
    "Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a spiritual man." -- Bertrand Spirituell
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 22:46
    Yo! I'm noticin a whole bunch of freethinker quotes that are referencin spirituality like nuttin else. Where the hell is Bennett and Rwingworm?
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 22:50
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Where the hell is Bennett ?
    That gives me an idea...

"An injustice is tolerable only when it is necessary to avoid Spirituality." -- John Rawls, from A Theory of Justice's Secondary Importance to Suppressing Spirituality
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 01:411 edit
    "The ends justify the Spirituality." -- Machiavelli Spiritello
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 05:31
    "God is dead . . . spiritually!"

Friedrich Spirit-Filled Nietzsche from Thus Spoke Zarathustra: A Book for None Spirits and All Spirits.
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 05:31
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is Spirituality. It is the source of all true art and science." --- Albert "The Relatively Spiritual" Einstein
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 05:33
    "Spirits like these [Father, Son, and Holy Ghost], and their terrorist allies [raving fundamentalists], constitute an axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace of the world." George W. Bushspirit.
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 06:03
    "A government is the most dangerous threat to man's spirituality: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims." -- Ayn Rand, spiritual novelist
  13. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 15:151 edit
    History I believe furnishes no example of a priest-ridden spiritual people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose. (Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to Baron von Humboldt, 1813; from the spiritual George Seldes, ed., The Great Quotations, Secaucus, New Jersey: Citadel Press, 1983, p. 370)

The clergy, by getting themselves established by law and ingrafted into the machine of government, have been a very formidable engine against the civil and spiritual rights of man. (Thomas Jefferson, as quoted by Saul K. Padover in Thomas Jefferson on Democracy, New York, 1946, p. 165, according to Albert Menendez and Edd Doerr, compilers, The Great Quotations on spiritual Liberty, Long Beach, CA: Centerline Press, 1991, p. 48.)

In every country and every age, the spiritual priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own. It is easier to acquire wealth and power by this combination than by deserving them, and to effect this, they have perverted the purest spiritual religion ever preached to man into mystery and jargon, unintelligible to all mankind, and therefore the safer for their purposes. (Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to Horatio Spofford, 1814; from George Seldes, ed., The Great Quotations, Secaucus, New Jersey: the spiritual Citadel Press, 1983, p. 371)

Are we to have a spiritual censor whose imprimatur shall say what books may be sold, and what we may buy? And who is thus to dogmatize religious opinions for our citizens? Whose foot is to be the measure to which ours are all to be cut or stretched? Is a priest to be our inquisitor, or shall a layman, simple as ourselves, set up his reason as the rule of what we are to read, and what we must disbelieve? (The Spiritual Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to N. G. Dufief, Philadelphia bookseller, 1814, on the occasion of prosecution for selling De Becourt's "Sur le CrŽation du Monde, un Syst?me d'Organisation Primitive"; from George Seldes, ed., The Great Quotations, Secaucus, New Jersey: Citadel Press, 1983, p. 371)
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 15:18
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    History I believe furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose. (Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to Baron von Humboldt, 1813; from George Seldes, ed., The Great Quotatio ...[text shortened]... eorge Seldes, ed., The Great Quotations, Secaucus, New Jersey: Citadel Press, 1983, p. 371)

Did you read the rules of this thread?
  15. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 15:261 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    In honor of the absurdity of the Spritiuality ex Debates forum, I would like to start a new thread of quotes.

Here are the rules for allowable quotes.
    1. First, the quote must make an assertion that would originally be a posi ...[text shortened]... name.

I'll give one example next to get us started.

Dr. S
    I will go back and edit.

edit Done.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree