1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 11:11
    @fmf said
    Make your point and if you have reason to believe I would murder a three year old child, incorporate it into the question.
    Answer the question that is all I am asking. It seems simple enough to me why not just answer it?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 11:52
    @kellyjay said
    Answer the question that is all I am asking. It seems simple enough to me why not just answer it?
    Just make your point, KellyJay. Explain what it is that's on your mind about the "father" of the three year old child. I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick. Ask me a proper question about morality that doesn't make both you and I sound like jerks.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 11:55
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Was it somebody else then who said that an unborn "baby" is "innocent"? If you don't think that, I withdraw the suggestion that you do.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 11:56
    The people who are involved in a decision to terminate a pregnancy.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 11:58
    Would the termination of a non life-threatening pregnancy caused by a rape or incest be "murder" to your way of thinking?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 12:00
    You don't know? Really? That's your answer?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 12:031 edit
    And yet you don't know if overturning Roe v Wade would be an imposition on women who want to terminate pregnancies? You don't know? Are you sure?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 12:50
    @fmf said
    Just make your point, KellyJay. Explain what it is that's on your mind about the "father" of the three year old child. I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick. Ask me a proper question about morality that doesn't make both you and I sound like jerks.
    A simple question, personally I think your reluctance to answer is enlightening.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 13:011 edit
    @kellyjay said
    A simple question, personally I think your reluctance to answer is enlightening.
    "Enlightening" eh? Gosh.

Would you kill a 3 year old because the father did something wrong?

A simple hypothetical question from you; and here is the kind of hypothetical answer it deserves...

I would kill the 3 year old, KellyJay. And its siblings. And I'd kill all its 3 year old friends. And not just because the father did something wrong. No. It would be because its uncle did something wrong too. His father's sibling. Not his brother-in-law. I would kill him, KellyJay. I'd kill both of them. Father and uncle. But I would especially kill the 3 year old, KellyJay. I'd do it mostly because of the father. And a little bit because of the uncle. I'd kill the 3 year old because the father did something wrong, KellyJay. I'd kill him stone dead, KellyJay.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 13:07
    @kellyjay said
    Why don’t you stop trying to be clever?

You’re not.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 13:14
    @kellyjay said
    Would you kill a 3 year old because the father did something wrong?
    Here's a repost, just for you KellyJay. Sorry everybody else. KellyJay please read it. Here its is:

I think I have absorbed and internalized my personal moral distaste for abortions from my Christian background.

I could not imagine ever having been party to an abortion in my marriage (aside from the exception of saving my wife's life). For me it's deeply personal and pertains to me having had children and to the relationship between me and my wife and who we are having created children.

I don't feel the need to see this deeply personal perspective turned into a law that is imposed on other people.

I am pretty contemptuous of behaviour that results in "unwanted" pregnancies.

And I am naturally concerned about the impact on the mindmaps of the man and woman involved, more especially the woman.

I have talked a couple of women out of having an abortion, and in both cases, they later were unequivocal about being happy that they had not gone through with it and I have met their children.

On another two occasions, the women involved ~ again, close friends/family ~ went ahead despite my contribution to their decision-making process, and once they'd made the decision I supported them fully and without reservation.

As for living in a secular society and being a supporter of women's rights ~ more especially women's rights as they would perceive and apply them [rather than men] ~ I think that the law as it stands [regarding viability, endangerment of the woman etc.] in the UK is probably a good compromise [my ignorance of the exact details of that law notwithstanding].

Now, why are you asking me about me murdering 3-year-old children? Explain yourself. Make your point, KellyJay.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 13:302 edits
    @fmf said
    The way we arrive at the possession of a moral compass, regardless of which religion or a lack of religion, the process is essentially the same: nature and nurture. There are as many moral compasses as there are people in the world. How does your supposed "absolute morality" deal with abortion in the case of a pregnancy caused by a rape?
    Would Your values would justify the death of one and not the other, for something someone else did? Not much different than the start of this OP.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 13:37
    @kellyjay said
    Would Your values would justify the death of one and not the other, for something someone else did? Not much different than the start of this OP.
    "One and not the other"?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 13:39
    @kellyjay said
    Are you talking about VLP1083's belief about the termination a pregnancy caused by rape not being "murder"?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 14:29
    @fmf said
    "One and not the other"?
    You read the very 1st post correct? If justifying an abortion is due to someone else’ deeds, or some other circumstance that has nothing to do with the unborn child, could you use the same justification for killing other children?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree