1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 03:251 edit
    @kellyjay said
    No, you see I have already said, it means what it says, and says what it means.
    You on the other hand have to enlighten others what text means, you reject some
    you twist others, its all about you.

The thing is scripture actually frowns on your approach.

2 Peter 1:19-21 English Standard Version (ESV)
    19 And we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which ...[text shortened]... r produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
    I accept that you refuse to TELL ME YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

I also accept that it's pointless to try to have a rational discussion with you.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 03:28
    @thinkofone said
    I accept that you refuse to TELL ME YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

I also accept that it's pointless to try to have a rational discussion with you.
    I told you my understanding.
    Tell me yours.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 04:09
    @kellyjay said
    I told you my understanding.
    Tell me yours.
    My understanding is that it's pointless to try to have a rational discussion with you.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 04:31
    @chaney3 said
    It puzzles me that you place women's rights over a life.
    A fully-functioning person over a mass of cells unable to sustain life without its host?

Yep.

That you don't is because you're a man. No skin off your nose if women have no rights.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 04:35
    @chaney3 said
    Fine, don't answer.

Because the answer is that if Mary chose her women's rights, and decided that Jesus wasn't really a 'human' at 1 month of her pregnancy, then Christianity wouldn't exist.
    You're digressing.

Gabriel told her what was what. She was happy to be an instrument of the Lord. Drawing any kind of parallel between Mary and a single mother from the projects just doesn't fly.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 10:292 edits
    @suzianne said
    A fully-functioning person over a mass of cells unable to sustain life without its host?

Yep.

That you don't is because you're a man. No skin off your nose if women have no rights.
    How old do you think a child has to be for its able to support itself without help
    from mom or others? There are rights and responsibilities wrapped up in the
    human families! Fathers should be providing and caring for his family loving them
    as he can, the mother no different caring those in her family! The parents are tied
    to their children and you are making this sound like a trap, something to be
    despised and shunned here!

It isn't that women don't have rights, you are turning responsibilities into chains,
    instead of loving those within, you are calling it right to just kill them off in very
    horrific ways instead. Where is the love here, if we are not looking out for the
    most helpless among us who are we?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree