A reason why god doesn’t existence

A reason why god doesn’t existence

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jun 08

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Yes, because we know so much.
Maybe too much.

F

Moves
14 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
Maybe too much.
This is a typical fundamentalist remark.

Bruno knew too much - he was burnt alive by the christians.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jun 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
This is a typical fundamentalist remark.

Bruno knew too much - he was burnt alive by the christians.
Yes, I'm a fundamentalist. I burn Christians alive for knowing too much. 🙄

F

Moves
14 Jun 08

Yes, I'm a fundamentalist. I burn Christians alive for knowing too much. 🙄
Yes we know. Evil as god, as the saying is.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jun 08

Yes we know. Evil as god, as the saying is.
If you think God is anything but good, then your thinking is wrong, and all subsequent thoughts are out of line with reality. Your mind is caught in a vortex of misconceptions and delusions.

I'd like to help you. but you are in denial.

F

Moves
14 Jun 08
1 edit

If you think God is anything but good, then your thinking is wrong, and all subsequent thoughts are out of line with reality. Your mind is caught in a vortex of misconceptions and delusions.

I'd like to help you. but you are in denial.
Sending all of the humanity to death, all but 8 people, is a good deed? (The great flooding!)
Please, stay on this topic for a while and tell me that god did a good and loving thing?
Explain how believing this is good and not a denial?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jun 08

Sending all of the humanity to death, all but 8 people, is a good deed? (The great flooding!)
Please, stay on this topic for a while and tell me that god did a good and loving thing?
Explain how believing this is good and not a denial?
From your perspective you view the flood as an act of monstrous proportions.

I know that what I will say will come across as vitriolic. I wish you would not hear it that way. That's not my intent.

But first, let me ask you this. Why do you think God did it?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
14 Jun 08

Maybe too much.
I forgot, you Xians get off on stupidity.

Pray tell, how can one "know too much"?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
14 Jun 08

Firstly, no-one with even the most basic grounding in physics thinks it's possible. However, the bible specifically says that God sent the flood. Who else, after all? The devil? Isn't God powerful enough to stop him, or doesn't he care?

F

Moves
14 Jun 08
1 edit

From your perspective you view the flood as an act of monstrous proportions.

I know that what I will say will come across as vitriolic. I wish you would not hear it that way. That's not my intent.

"From your perspective you view the flood as an act of monstrous proportions."
Yes, of couse I do. Only 8 persons suvived. How can you think this is not of monstrous proportions?

"But first, let me ask you this. Why do you think God did it?
I've told you: God is evil!
You are of another opinion, and I asked you first: Please, stay on this topic for a while and tell me that god did a good and loving thing by sending all of humanity (but 8 persons) to death!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jun 08

Originally posted by scottishinnz
I forgot, you Xians get off on stupidity.

Pray tell, how can one "know too much"?
Within the context of the flow of though that led to my saying that, knowing too much has the idea of knowing too much that's not true.

You do believe that's possible don't you?

Your wasting your time with sarcasm on me. Especially the kind that is meant to be an insult. I'm not as dumb as you think, and probably more ignorant than you know.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jun 08
1 edit

[b]"From your perspective you view the flood as an act of monstrous proportions."
Yes, of couse I do. Only 8 persons suvived. How can you think this is not of monstrous proportions?

"But first, let me ask you this. Why do you think God did it?
I've told you: God is evil!
You are of another opinion, and I asked you first: Please, stay on ...[text shortened]... me that god did a good and loving thing by sending all of humanity (but 8 persons) to death![/b]
"Yes we know. Evil as god, as the saying is."

My reply:
"If you think God is anything but good, then your thinking is wrong, and all subsequent thoughts are out of line with reality. Your mind is caught in a vortex of misconceptions and delusions.

I'd like to help you. but you are in denial."

We're back to this again.

F

Moves
14 Jun 08

[b]"Yes we know. Evil as god, as the saying is."

My reply:
"If you think God is anything but good, then your thinking is wrong, and all subsequent thoughts are out of line with reality. Your mind is caught in a vortex of misconceptions and delusions.

I'd like to help you. but you are in denial."

We're back to this again.[/b]
Yes, we're back again, and you still not want to answer my simple question.

The reson can be many: (1) You dont' know the answer. (2) You don't want to know the ansewr, it is to difficult to grasp that god is evil. (3) You don't think you have to know. People know too much already: "Yes, because we know so much." Your respons: "Maybe too much." (4) You are in a state of denial. (5) You think you are better than others, so you don't want to lower yorself to people.

My question was: Sending all of the humanity to death, all but 8 people, is a good deed? (The great flooding!)

Are you going to answer or not?

F

Moves
14 Jun 08
1 edit

Our friend josephw is a fundamentalist. Fundamentalists don't like answering questions, they like giving answers. If they get questions they can't answer, they feel threatened, their very faith is thretened. So they avoid to answer questions they don't know the answer of. They think others are in denial becase they don't want to pose the correct questions, questions the fundamentalists really can answer.

Fundamentalists beleive in these two rules:
(#1) I am always right, because I am better than every one else.
(#2) If it happens that I'm not right, see (#1).

Note - this is not a joke.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
15 Jun 08

Yes, we're back again, and you still not want to answer my simple question.

The reson can be many: (1) You dont' know the answer. (2) You don't want to know the ansewr, it is to difficult to grasp that god is evil. (3) You don't think you have to know. People know too much already: "Yes, because we know so much." Your respons: "Maybe too much." (4) Yo ...[text shortened]... but 8 people, is a good deed? (The great flooding!)

Are you going to answer or not?
I was trying to answer, but you can't see that. When I asked you, "why do you think God did it?", I was getting to the answer. You want a yes or no, and in time you would get your answer, but what you would really like to do is get worked up and all emotional about it and argue instead of showing a modicum of objective interest. Instead, because you are predisposed to a negative view based on your bias, you miss out on finding out what the truth is.