A s question for us all indeed…

A s question for us all indeed…

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
24 Dec 21

But firstly for you sonship,

I have read account of ex Recovery members claiming that they were not permitted to read material which contradicted Lee and/or criticised the movement.

Is this something you have either witnessed or personally experienced?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
But firstly for you sonship,

I have read account of ex Recovery members claiming that they were not permitted to read material which contradicted Lee and/or criticised the movement.

Is this something you have either witnessed or personally experienced?
I know about that. I belong to a cult that does the same thing. I am not allowed to read material which contradicts the Gospel of Jesus Christ, or criticize those who preach about keeping the commandments.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Dec 21

@rajk999 said
I know about that. I belong to a cult that does the same thing. I am not allowed to read material which contradicts the Gospel of Jesus Christ, or criticize those who preach about keeping the commandments.
Naw, you think whatever it is you think is the gospel of Jesus Christ, so anyone who disagrees with you disagrees with the gospel of Jesus Christ. If that were not true, you could produce verses that are the gospel of Jesus Christ and from scripture compare what you think to what is in the scriptures, but you don't do that, you refuse to discuss instead, you belittle and denigrate those that do not accept what you say as the truth.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
Naw, you think whatever it is you think is the gospel of Jesus Christ, so anyone who disagrees with you disagrees with the gospel of Jesus Christ. If that were not true, you could produce verses that are the gospel of Jesus Christ and from scripture compare what you think to what is in the scriptures, but you don't do that, you refuse to discuss instead, you belittle and denigrate those that do not accept what you say as the truth.
You derail the thread already? When something is bothering you do the mannerly thing and start your own thread and vent about it there, instead of messing up other peoples threads with your rubbish.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Dec 21

@rajk999 said
You derail the thread already? When something is bothering you do the mannerly thing and start your own thread and vent about it there, instead of messing up other peoples threads with your rubbish.
Naw, just answering your point, which I believe is false.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
The Apostle Paul, who had an encounter with the Resurrected Christ on the Road to Damascus, received the Gospel he preached by revelation of Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ personally selected Paul to preach His Gospel to the Gentiles.

But rajk999 says Paul is mistaken about what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is 🙄

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Dec 21
1 edit

@pb1022 said
The Apostle Paul, who had an encounter with the Resurrected Christ on the Road to Damascus, received the Gospel he preached by revelation of Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ personally selected Paul to preach His Gospel to the Gentiles.

But rajk999 says Paul is mistaken about what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is 🙄
Yet another born again Christian lacking in manners trying to derail the thread. I guess they dont teach you that in church.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21

@rajk999 said
Yet another born again Christian lacking in manners trying to derail the thread. I guess they dont teach you that in church.
I don’t understand what this thread’s about (and the apparent typo in the title isn’t helping.)

Let’s all go easy on the spiked eggnog tonight so we don’t start posting when we’re three sheets to the wind.

Moves
25 Dec 21

I have never been involved with a group who discouraged reading of anything, certainly not reading of material contradictory to me the local doctrine or group.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Dec 21
1 edit

@pb1022 said
I don’t understand what this thread’s about (and the apparent typo in the title isn’t helping.)

Let’s all go easy on the spiked eggnog tonight so we don’t start posting when we’re three sheets to the wind.
I say enjoy your spiked eggnog, but for the love of God, show some restraint when you
attempt to spew out your considerable incoherence onto a message forum.

Disclaimer: This is the generic you, not you personally.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21

@suzianne said
I say enjoy your spiked eggnog, but for the love of God, show some restraint when you
attempt to spew out your considerable incoherence onto a message forum.

Disclaimer: This is the generic you, not you personally.
Oh I agree.

I’ve seen more than a few posts where it’s quite obvious, due to either the subject matter, the way in which it’s expressed or the misspelled words and grammatical errors, that the poster is in a drunken stupor 🥴