1. Cosmos
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 18:08
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    How did you know that I cannot speak?😉
    Just a guess - you obviously have great difficulty in writing.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 18:36
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Just a guess - you obviously have great difficulty in writing.
    I must agree, I prefer typing.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 18:40
    Originally posted by David C
    Do you understand that quoting scripture from the bible to prove your point is useless?
    Just because you have not yet been struck by the realisation that it is God's revelation to man?
  4. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 19:20
    Just because you have not yet been struck by the realisation that it is God's revelation to man?
    sigh. I can't believe I have to explain this, but...it's useless because it is a logical fallacy. It is an appeal to authority or argumentum ad verecundiam. An example I'm sure you're familiar with: "The bible is God's inerrant word, therefore the bible is true". The fundamental problem with this statement is that there is no proof of the former, so the latter is inconsequential, meaningless and fallacious. QED.

ps - Stay in School
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 19:22
    It sure is to the one who's understanding has been darkened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Hebrews 3:13 - But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
    Logic is not dependent on who the person proposing it or hearing it is. Therefore if it's illogical to the "sinful" it's illogical period.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 19:39
    sigh. I can't believe I have to explain this, but...it's useless because it is a logical fallacy. It is an appeal to authority or argumentum ad verecundiam. An example I'm sure you're familiar with: "The bible is God's inerrant word, therefore the bible is true". The fundamental problem with this statement is that there is no proof of th ...[text shortened]... ormer, so the latter is inconsequential, meaningless and fallacious. QED.

ps - Stay in School
    The fundamental problem with this statement is that there is no proof of the former...

What would you regard as proof?
  7. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 20:22
    What would you regard as proof?
    What have you got? No copy & paste jobs or book recommendations, please.
  8. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 20:41
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Then an exhorter is the same as a fluffer! Didn't think those Hebrews had it in them...
    Much ado about fluffing...
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 20:511 edit
    He sure did.

You're the living evidence 🙂
    he heh. congrats, dj2: you actually made me laugh with you for a change.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 20:56
    It sure is sad. But unfortunately its true. It's like putting the cart before the horse if you try to be "spirit-filled" before being cleansed from sin. I am afraid there is more to being cleansed from sin than saying a simple prayer . Unfortunately Satan has deceived many "christians" in the same way.

2 Corinthians 11:14 - And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
    and reading further down, you're back to your same old, same old. no more laughing with you.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 07:11
    What have you got? No copy & paste jobs or book recommendations, please.
    Revolutionised lives. Can you show me any drug adicts, prostitutes, serial murderers that have been totally set free from their lives of adiction by any other means? I know of plenty that have been totally set free by Jesus Christ.

John 8:36 - If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 07:18
    I would really encourage the skeptics to read this book. I regard this as evidence for His existance.

A Skeptic's Search for God: Convincing Evidence for His Existence
    by Ralph O. Muncaster

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0736904522?v=glance
    exactly what evidence does the book present for His existence? could you summarize it briefly, or is there just so much overwhelming evidence that i just have to read the book for myself? i tend to think you'll lean toward the latter.
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 07:31
    Can you show me any drug adicts, prostitutes, serial murderers that have been totally set free from their lives of adiction by any other means? I know of plenty that have been totally set free by Jesus Christ.
    Please cite a few examples. I'm a sucker for an uplifting moral tale.

William Burroughs was totally cured of heroin addiction by means of apomorphine. He went on to write (among other things) "Ghost of Chance", an intriguing tale of the Blood of Christ.
  14. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 09:17
    Revolutionised lives. Can you show me any drug adicts, prostitutes, serial murderers that have been totally set free from their lives of adiction by any other means? I know of plenty that have been totally set free by Jesus Christ.

John 8:36 - If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
    Many Muslims, Buddhists and Scientologists say the same. What does this prove about the veracity of your claims in particular?
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 09:53
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    exactly what evidence does the book present for His existence? could you summarize it briefly, or is there just so much overwhelming evidence that i just have to read the book for myself? i tend to think you'll lean toward the latter.
    He basically relates how he as a became a hard core atheist and then an agnostic. He tells how he searched for the truth and eventually found so much evidence for God's exisatance as well as a lot of testable prophecies from the Bible. He deals with a lot of issues that agnostics are faced with, seeing he himself used to be one. I would really recommend you to read it as he deals with a lot of issues that you struggle with, such as suffering and free will, etc., etc.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree