1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 11:181 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You said: Herod died a horrid death because he said the trinity did not exist

I said: I know lots of people who say the the trinity doesn't exist and haven't died at all, let along the "Herod" death

You said: you new some celebrity said something or other

I said: what are you on about?

You said: something about me not saying if my people were ...[text shortened]... he trinity doesn't exist". This is because it doesn't. It is a human construct with pagan roots.
    No I didn't! I said the other guy died a horrible death just like Herod did with his guts spilling out! not for the same reason. You must have bad understanding? Herod died because he thought he was a god!
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 11:222 edits
    You said: Herod died a horrid death because he said the trinity did not exist

I said: I know lots of people who say the the trinity doesn't exist and haven't died at all, let along the "Herod" death

You said: you new some celebrity said something or other

I said: what are you on about?

You said: something about me not saying if my people were ...[text shortened]... he trinity doesn't exist". This is because it doesn't. It is a human construct with pagan roots.
    What I should've said for stupid people to understand is they died the same death but for different reasons!
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 11:26
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Acts 12:23 Immediately, because Herod did not give praise to God, an angel of the Lord struck him down, and he was eaten by worms and died.
    Bump
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 12:461 edit
    No I didn't! I said the other guy died a horrible death just like Herod did with his guts spilling out! not for the same reason. You must have bad understanding? Herod died because he thought he was a god!
    OK you are correct, my apologies. However let's start again because you seem to be deliberately avoiding my point.

You said: "During Constantine's days the was a man [unspecified, unreferenced and in evidenced by you] that said there is no Trinity. He died the way Herod did."

I'm saying I know lots of people (Christian and non-Christian, and including me) who say there is no trinity and none of them have died in any way, let alone the Herod death.

So I'm asking you why you think your original comment has any validity within this topic, at least?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 12:46
    What I should've said for stupid people to understand is they died the same death but for different reasons!
    I apologise for my stupidity.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 14:031 edit
    I apologise for my stupidity.
    So do I, I apologise for your stupidity too 😵
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 14:06
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    So do I, I apologise for your stupidity too 😵
    Pulled your pants up yet?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 14:353 edits
    Pulled your pants up yet?
    Oh dear, I have spent the last few days reading the link that Proper Noob posted, such petty propaganda as yours can be had for tuppence. I have learned many things concerning the religious, ethical and moral ambience which permeated the south, what it was built upon and why it seemed not only justified to lynch a man, but to derive a macabre satisfaction for doing so. From you I have learned that irrespective of facts or knowledge people believe their own propaganda. Thanks for that but I knew it anyway. Maybe i will learn something from you that I don't know some day.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 16:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Oh dear, I have spent the last few days reading the link that Proper Noob posted, such petty propaganda as yours can be had for tuppence. I have learned many things concerning the religious, ethical and moral ambience which permeated the south, what it was built upon and why it seemed not only justified to lynch a man, but to derive a macabre satisf ...[text shortened]... r that but I knew it anyway. Maybe i will learn something from you that I don't know some day.
    Did you by chance find any evidence supporting your claim that the lynchings "reflected normal Christian teachings"?
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 17:551 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    But what is God like in your experience? This is more stuff "about" God.

You're not going to address my question, are you?
    Do you know why you don't want to talk about your experience of God in subjective terms?

Maybe it is because all you have ever had as a result of being in the Jehovah's Witnesses is objective knowledge onl ...[text shortened]... fellowship with God outside of being a citizen in this future kingdom on earth.

This is sad.
    What is really sad is you don't know what god you are worshipping. Many in the 60's had epiphanous experiences. Do you think they knew who gave them that experience?
    (2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the "god of this system of things" has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the "image of God", might not shine through.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 18:401 edit
    Did you by chance find any evidence supporting your claim that the lynchings "reflected normal Christian teachings"?
    I found a plethora of strange ideas, from quacked out sociologists proffering ideas of sexual repression to the idea of blood sacrifice for atonement of sins, none of which were very convincing to explain the Christian acceptance of lynching as it transpired. The idea that a Christian can administer capital punishment for sins is a completely alien concept to me. The idea that one can find satisfaction in doing so is almost inconceivable. The closest thing I am willing to accept is that within Calvinism there is a strong streak of divine retribution and that retribution itself is deemed to be righteous (from the Calvinists perspective) and this has given vent to peoples acceptance of the violence which accompanies lynchings and makes it in the minds of the witnesses both just and even righteous. But again this is a perception. I have as yet not found a single credible Biblical reference that they could have utilised to justify lynchings and I suspect that none exist.
  12. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 20:11
    Acts 12:23 Immediately, because Herod did not give praise to God, an angel of the Lord struck him down, and he was eaten by worms and died.
    It's obvious that this does not relate to the trinity.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 22:311 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    It's obvious that this does not relate to the trinity.
    Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you like forest Gump? They suffered the same day but for two different reasons idiot!
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 22:40
    Herod was an Edomite!
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 22:424 edits
    Originally posted by roigam
    What is really sad is you don't know what god you are worshipping. Many in the 60's had epiphanous experiences. Do you think they knew who gave them that experience?
    (2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the "god of this system of things" has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the "image of God", might not shine through.
    The following is my entry on the thread: God Created in Man's Image ? ?
    There is a hint of a triune God in the Genesis account of creation written by Moses. The Spirit of God mentioned could refer to the Holy Spirit of the Triune God. The word translated God is plural in the Hebrew and God is recorded as saying, "Let US make man in OUR image." Then Moses says that man was made in the image of God. Therefore, we have all the elements of a triune God since Moses is also attributed with recording that God is one, using the Hebrew word for a composite one.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Have you ever considered the above facts from Moses?

"For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

(John 5:46-47 NASB)

In that thread sonship mentions that God appeared to Jacob as a man as recorded in Genesis 32:22-32. Could this be the Son of God the second person of the triune God?

Keep in mind that God is not bond by time as we are when answering that last question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree