1. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 04:20
    Originally posted by josephw
    Get this strait so you don't have to blame Christians anymore.
    We believe in God. It is God that says without Christ you will spend eternity in outer darkness.
    God said it. Blame him.
    God also said you can have eternal life simply by believing in his son.

But you don't think you're in need of a saviour. It's a curious thing to me.
    God didn't say it!!!!

You don't understand the atheist position: by default we can't blame God, we think there is no god!

Since God doesn't exist the only people to blame for what Christians say is Christians.
  2. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 04:40
    Originally posted by josephw
    It has to do with God's holiness.

You will have to look at the bigger picture about this world and ask yourself why should any of us deserve to be in the presence of a holy God.

Don't confuse that with religion.

Just maybe the truth about God has been made to seem like a lie to you and others. Just maybe there is a diabolical enemy that spreads lie ...[text shortened]... or yourself.

In the mean time we're all here to debate and have some fun if we can. I am.
    My friend, I agree with you. You are 100% correct. I am a Christian and I'm telling you from experience, you won't get anywhere with these people. They don't have an open mind. They've already made up their minds that we're crazy and arrogant. They do not understand. I can understand their position however because I used to be there too. The Holy Spirit is the only one who can change their minds, as he did mine. Let's pray for that.
  3. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 04:53
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Let's pray for that.
    Preferably privately.
  4. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 05:05
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Preferably privately.
    Does that offend you?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 05:16
    Does that offend you?
    I really don't see a way around offending people with our faith. After all, we follow someone who offended enough people to nail him to a cross, therefore, how is it possible not to offend people with our beliefs?
  6. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 05:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    I really don't see a way around offending people with our faith. After all, we follow someone who offended enough people to nail him to a cross, therefore, how is it possible not to offend people with our beliefs?
    I guess we should be happy. This is to be expected. I think you probably know what I mean, right? 🙂
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 05:27
    I guess we should be happy. This is to be expected. I think you probably know what I mean, right? 🙂
    Indeed. It means we are doing our job. 😉
  8. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 05:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    Indeed. It means we are doing our job. 😉
    Revelation 14:12 🙂
  9. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 08:01
    Does that offend you?
    No, I just think you are all kind of creepy, and praying for anything strikes me as trashy and egoistic.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 08:07
    My friend, I agree with you. You are 100% correct. I am a Christian and I'm telling you from experience, you won't get anywhere with these people. They don't have an open mind. They've already made up their minds that we're crazy and arrogant. They do not understand. I can understand their position however because I used to be there too. The Holy Spirit is the only one who can change their minds, as he did mine. Let's pray for that.
    I've followed your posting history since you got here. Your only real argument for your faith is, "just try it!". Your attempt at persuasion is merely asserting things and expecting people to believe them because you say so.

And then you have the audacity to claim that the problem is a close-minded audience! Sorry, but 'open-minded' and 'gullible' are two very different things.

Personally, I view you as more lazy than crazy. You believe fervently, but cannot be bothered to make a real effort to support your beliefs.
  11. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 12:31
    Originally posted by znsho
    In what way is not believing in God such a crime deserving of eternal, excruciating punishment? What, in reality, has the non-believer done to deserve such retribution?
    You have done nothing wrong any more than the man who dies of thirst in the desert next to a lorry full of water has done something "wrong". He just refused to drink , that's all.
  12. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 12:36
    No, I just think you are all kind of creepy, and praying for anything strikes me as trashy and egoistic.
    So chappy praying for you is egotistic? How so? Surely it would be more egotistic to just go and watch Tv rather than spend his time here trying to convince?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 14:28
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    So chappy praying for you is egotistic? How so? Surely it would be more egotistic to just go and watch Tv rather than spend his time here trying to convince?
    1. chappy clearly thinks he is right and everyone else is wrong - egoistic.
    2. chappy clearly thinks that his tinny little voice may affect Gods actions - egoistic.
    3. chappy clearly thinks that praying publicly ... well actually I don't know why he would want to pray in public, its not as if God is deaf.
  14. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 17:49
    Nevertheless.........🙂
  15. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 17:59
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    1. chappy clearly thinks he is right and everyone else is wrong - egoistic.
    2. chappy clearly thinks that his tinny little voice may affect Gods actions - egoistic.
    3. chappy clearly thinks that praying publicly ... well actually I don't know why he would want to pray in public, its not as if God is deaf.
    1. I think Christianity is right and all other religions do not reflect the truth, yes.
    2. I think my voice is tiny and insignificant but I do not think I affect God, he affects me.
    3. I don't recall writing anything about praying publicly. If you reread the thread I never said anything about praying publicly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree