1. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 03:47
    Originally posted by nook7
    So who decides what is the correct way to live your life?

Is it the Christian (Protestant) or is it the Catholic or the Mormon, 7th Day Adventist, the Greek Orthodox, Jew or the Muslim, what about the Buddhist Monk, or the Shinto Priest. Maybe even the athiest.

Please tell me which of these (or perhaps it is another?) is living the correct life?

Or are you even suggesting that none of the above is even relevant?
    You can probably guess from what I've said above which group I feel is living their lives the correct way.
  2. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 04:05
    Originally posted by chappy1
    You can probably guess from what I've said above which group I feel is living their lives the correct way.
    Indeed. l hope that comforts you. Lets pray you are right......
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 04:54
    And were you brought up as a Muslim, or a Mormon I'm sure you'd be every bit as convinced you were right too.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 04:58
    Whoa! Wow! I think you've missed my point, or maybe you did understand it and were trying to be funny. It wasn't funny.
    I'm just taking you at your word.

Here's another question that we could possibly ask: Who is the biggest ass clown ever? Clearly, the answer is Jesus Christ.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 05:07
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Who is the biggest ass clown ever? Clearly, the answer is Jesus Christ.
    Well, he did hang around with no women and 12 (count them!) guys!!
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 05:15
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Well, he did hang around with no women and [b]12 (count them!) guys!![/b]
    Scotti, if you have any questions (about anything at all), I already know the answer. It's Jesus Christ.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 06:30
    Look, I'm not trying to convince you SwissGambit. I can't do it anyway. Only the Holy Spirit can convince of the truth. I apparently am not doing a good job of relaying my point. Sorry about that. I never claimed to be an all knowing theologian but I know what I believe and I know what is true and what is false. If you think I'm gullible I'm fine with ...[text shortened]... erely try it and prove me wrong. Y'all have great day, especially you Swiss. 🙂
    Look, I'm not trying to convince you SwissGambit.

You were talking to josephw, who constantly tries to persuade people to follow his faith, and was doing so in the post to which you responded. You said from your experience that he would get nowhere with 'these people', which means you have also tried to persuade others. This is consistent with many of your posts that I've read.

If you think I'm gullible I'm fine with that.

No, I didn't mean you. I meant that your audience would have to be gullible in order for them to accept things simply on your say-so. [This should have been obvious, since you accused skeptics in general of being close minded, and I responded by pointing out there was a difference between open-mindedness and gullibility; my point was a direct response to yours.]

I'm a school teacher

Hopefully not a writing teacher.

I'm not going to lose sleep over what the people in this thread think of me.

You started by calling a large group of people close-minded. Hey, as long as we're being brutally honest with each other, why should said group of people hold back in their response?

That Jesus Christ is the answer to any question that anyone could possibly ask in the history of the world.

LemonJello has already pointed out the obvious flaw in this statement. You're just not thinking very carefully about the meaning of what you write. That's why you come off as lazy.

And as to me saying "just try it"- well what do you have to lose. Why not try it? What could it hurt? Sincerely try it and prove me wrong.

I sincerely tried it for 2 decades. I discovered that there is a great deal to lose. Devotion to rigid, unnatural rules, overwhelming guilt, discontent with incoherent religious philosophy, wasted time sitting around in church, etc. etc. are all things I am now gladly rid of.

Y'all have great day, especially you Swiss. 🙂

Same to you.
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 06:32
    Scotti, if you have any questions (about anything at all), I already know the answer. It's Jesus Christ.
    I have LOTS of questions!

Actually, this Jebus guy sounds a lot like Denny Crane!

YouTube&feature=related
  9. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Dec '07 22:00
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    [b]Look, I'm not trying to convince you SwissGambit.

You were talking to josephw, who constantly tries to persuade people to follow his faith, and was doing so in the post to which you responded. You said from your experience that he would get nowhere with 'these people', which means you have also tried to persuade others. This is consisten ...[text shortened]... rid of.

Y'all have great day, especially you Swiss. 🙂

Same to you.[/b]
    You were a Christian for 2 decades? Really? What happened to change your mind? Seriously.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 04:40
    You were a Christian for 2 decades? Really? What happened to change your mind? Seriously.
    I stopped being content with believing things just because my family and my church did, and started thinking about things on my own. After a long self-examination, I concluded that I no longer believed.
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 05:32
    2 + 2 = Jesus Christ.

How much money will I earn this month? Jesus Christ.

Will I get my Post-Doctoral Scholarship? Jesus Christ.

Hey, you know it does work! 🙄
  12. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 17:34
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I stopped being content with believing things just because my family and my church did, and started thinking about things on my own. After a long self-examination, I concluded that I no longer believed.
    I don't believe it because my family and church do. Just to be clear.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 17:47
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Hey, you know it does work! 🙄
    It works very well when 'Jesus Christ' is treated as a swear word (as it is by a significant proportion of the worlds population including a lot of Christians.
  14. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 02:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It works very well when 'Jesus Christ' is treated as a swear word (as it is by a significant proportion of the worlds population including a lot of Christians.
    Why do you think that is? I mean why don't people swear on Muhammed or Buddha? Just curious. What do you think? By the way the people that claim to be Christian who swear on Jesus's name I don't think fully grasp their faith.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 02:58
    Why do you think that is? I mean why don't people swear on Muhammed or Buddha? Just curious. What do you think? By the way the people that claim to be Christian who swear on Jesus's name I don't think fully grasp their faith.
    Why do you think that is?

Jesus Christ.

I mean why don't people swear on Muhammed or Buddha?

Jesus Christ.

What do you think?

Jesus Christ.

Come on, chappy, you already said you know the answer to any question one could possibly ask.

(Boy, now I am just being really annoying.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree